[Mura Quest] Help Protect Your Sisters!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Postby Alice on December 12th, 2010, 5:06 pm

With the flaring of the Watchtower to blue, Winter has officially arrived in Mizahar and Morwen is wandering the world to bring snow, ice and cold to everyone. Even Mura, the subtropical island off the east coast, does not get around a temperature drop, although snow melts high up in the air before it has a chance to reach the ground and water. On the 30th, the Konti community of Mura sits together in Vision Center, shares tea and occasionally moves closer to the Reimancy fire commissioned by a Timandre mage. Stories and songs are passed back and forth along with snacks made of algae, fish and rice. Of course, when talking about the oldest tales of the Konti, one in particular cannot be left out, although it is one told on dark evenings, whispered in the ears of daughters and frowned upon by the older generations.

This year, the tale was told by Telve, an elderly Konti with features radiating honesty and seriousness.

Image“It has been decades since the Konti of White Isle has heard the name Nel'vira. Some say she was banished from Mura, others say she imposed exile on herself. Those who remember her call her Nel'vira the Dreameater. She thought highly of herself and her magical prowess - her abilities were unrivaled during her time. Her obsession for divination magic was frightening: she nearly killed herself in the Silver Lake in an attempt to drink every drop of vision water.

It is said that her sanity drowned with the purity of her soul on that day. After a few years, she was caught by the Mother's Circle engaging in illegal vision water trade. Within the same year she exhibited signs of overgiving. She was also accused of using Dreamwalking against the Sisters and was declared a threat to the lives around her.

On the first day of Winter in the 350th year after the Valterrian, Nel'vira left the White Isle. Her name was spoken in hushed tones eversince. Nel'vira the Dreameater, banished from White Isle, forgotten Sister.

Calia’nel loved hearing about her grandmother. Nel'vira was painted a villain in most stories, but Telve, friend to her dead mother, always brought the Dreameater in a different light. Nel'vira fought for a lost cause: she knew the secret of the Silver Lake, and she did not want others to discover it. She knew the terrible dangers of magic, but she also knew the help it would bring to the society of Mura so she sacrificed herself by studying its limits.

Enticed by her favorite bedtime story, Calia’nel went to the Silver Lake on a winter day. She decided to partake vision water, and discovered her gift from Avalis - she could see the faces of those who will visit Mura. Calia’nel gladly returned home and told Telve that Nel'vira was coming back to White Isle. Because her gift was underdeveloped, she could not pinpoint the exact time of Nel'vira's arrival.”

Upon hearing this, many Sisters were alarmed. Nel'vira was a name that left bitterness in their lips because of her misgivings. She influenced some Sisters to do her bidding by manipulating their dreams. Was it possible that she was using Calia‘nel now?

Eventually V’nessi Ulvalin, sitting near the center of attention, spoke up. “Avalis will stand by our side and guide our way as She has always done. If all of us have faith in her, we will overcome any danger and defeat any negative powers coming from abroad. However, I must admit that this is a serious matter. It is about a sister lost and forgotten, but not forgiven. She will not be welcomed into our middle again, but she is a child of Avalis and thus should be considered a victim, not a villain. Without doubt, we must enlighten the riddle and try to show the right path to her again. I believe that there is still hope!”

After a short pause, she continued more softly: “Nel’vira shall not be allowed to touch the ground of Konti Isle while she is still instable. Therefore, any and all Konti who wish to help should report their participation. Starting tomorrow, Garola, organizer of the Mothers Circle, will accept applications and requests and answer questions. Please understand that details can only be revealed to those who are involved in the problem. Thank you.” She took a seat while Garola, a Konti with curly hair and a soft expression rose, waved and confirmed what the Matriarch had just said.

(Brought to you by Alice and Panna Cotta)

This is a quest that will span several arcs and take place between Mura, Sunberth, the eastern sea and Sahova. It is planned and will be moderated by me and Panna Cotta, the DS of Sahova. One thread will start after the Storytelling Festival on the 30th of Winter in Mura, the other on the 25th in Sunberth, and the entire quest will last for the rest of the season. Those who start in Sunberth do not have any knowledge about the introduction above. There are several points we would like to emphasize for everyone who considers taking part in this quest:

• You must be Konti living in Mura or have a connection to a Konti of Mura to participate.
  • Those who are out in the mainland but wish to get involved against the Konti of Mura may do so by being in Sunberth by the 25th of Winter. (You can always change teams later.)
  • Please PM us with your wishes regarding personal character development and skill use. We are willing to meet expectations if that can be arranged with the storyline. If you’re a Konti participant from Mura, please PM me. If you’re a PC from the mainland and wishing to start in Sunberth, please PM Panna Cotta.
  • The adventure will be a philosophical challenge, so we welcome Konti who love their homes and sisters and want to protect them and fight for them no matter what. This is also a great opportunity for adding new depth to your character!
Please post here or send me or Panna a PM if you’d like to participate. The Mura thread will be moderated by me and start shortly before or around Christmas, so you guys have a lot of time to think about whether you’d like to do it or not. However, priority will be given to Konti. Depending on the influx of applications, I will accept 5 to 7 PCs.

Mind that this is an epic adventure capable of changing your PC's life. Also, starting with the second arc, Panna Cotta might try to kill you!
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Tarot on December 14th, 2010, 6:28 pm

Sorry this took a little bit to approve. :)
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Alice on December 25th, 2010, 6:01 pm

Just a heads up: I'll write up the thread in Mura these days. If there's anyone who'd like to participate, please tell me NOW. Do not forget to state your expectations and which skills you'd like to practice. I might give you the opportunity to earn the xp you desire as a Christmas gift. ;)

If you're unsure whether you can travel to Mura by the 30th, ask Dusk in chat or through a PM.

It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Alodian Aviastas on December 26th, 2010, 1:06 am

For the Mura quest, I would like Alo to participate. :D If he can, I would like him to practice healing, philtering, and/or even herbalism. It would be awesome if this gave him entrance to the Opal Order or even a second Rak'keli mark.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Words: 38674
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2010, 2:24 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Keyta on December 27th, 2010, 2:52 am

I would love to still be a part of this, and I would love to teach Keyta the basics of writing at the least so she has a means of communication down the road, I am very open beyond that, thanks Alice
Keyta
Silent and Observant

Words: 122829
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2010, 11:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Blythe on December 27th, 2010, 3:03 am

For anyone who may be wondering and is participating in Dusk's quests, her quest takes place during the same time period as Alice's so any Konti that are in Dusk's quest will not be able to participate in Alice's. But have fun threading you guys!

Blythe
Not taking on threads until further notice.
Blythe
Prophetic Poet

Words: 487329
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Keyta on December 28th, 2010, 5:57 pm

it does seem more konti women are picking the call of konti quest over this one unfortunately, but hopefully it will still be fun n.n
Keyta
Silent and Observant

Words: 122829
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2010, 11:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Elysia on January 1st, 2011, 6:53 pm

Is this quest still running? I ask due to the fact it was made in 2009.
Elysia
Enchanted Dreams

Words: 12431
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2010, 2:29 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Alice on January 1st, 2011, 7:40 pm

You mean 2010, don't you?

But yes, I haven't written up the thread yet, so there is still time for you to join. And I'd love another participant! Please send me any expectations or wishes you might have regarding character development and skills training, either via PM or posting here. I might be able to incorporate them, so you can earn some xp in the skill(s) of your choice.

Alice
Shade of Grey

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Elysia on January 1st, 2011, 8:19 pm

Oh yes, 2010. A slip of my fingers.

Ok, great! :)
I would like her to practice observing others, Teaching, Fortune Telling. and Archery if there is room for that. I'm not sure how many skills are allowed to be learned at a time.
Elysia
Enchanted Dreams

Words: 12431
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2010, 2:29 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next