Flashbacks

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Flashbacks

Postby Tenebrae Adolphus on December 24th, 2010, 2:31 pm

Hi all i'm sorry if this seems redundant but i can't seem to find any answer (I'm probably just being blind or dumb...possibly both).

How do i go about starting a solo flashback, is there anything i need to do or anyone i need to speak to first?
Illusions commend themselves to us because they save us pain and allow us to enjoy pleasure instead. We must therefore accept it without complaint when they sometimes collide with a bit of reality against which they are dashed to pieces. --- Sigmund Freud
Tenebrae Adolphus
Player

Words: 6289
Joined roleplay: December 19th, 2010, 8:56 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Flashbacks

Postby John Vicari on December 24th, 2010, 2:34 pm

Just research if it is in a different city/area at the year (if say a large time gap like 450 av and not the normal 510 av) but otherwise no. Just a normal self mod thread.
John Vicari
Player

Words: 107575
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2010, 8:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Flashbacks

Postby Tenebrae Adolphus on December 24th, 2010, 2:38 pm

thanks mate i was stumped on that one
Illusions commend themselves to us because they save us pain and allow us to enjoy pleasure instead. We must therefore accept it without complaint when they sometimes collide with a bit of reality against which they are dashed to pieces. --- Sigmund Freud
Tenebrae Adolphus
Player

Words: 6289
Joined roleplay: December 19th, 2010, 8:56 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Flashbacks

Postby Gossamer on December 24th, 2010, 4:25 pm

I'll gladly write up a wiki page on flashbacks for you with the do's and don'ts. I do this whenever anyone has a question about something and they can't easily find the answer. Don't hesitate to PM me too. Sometimes these little explanation pages take about as long to make as posting out this post, so just nudge me if you think there's something missing that can be added too.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)