February's Featured Thread - Dreaming Of A Reality

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Postby Gossamer on February 1st, 2011, 9:49 am

Founder's NoteJanuary's Featured Thread Winner was not able to pick a thread and review it in time, so our lovely Vanator (aka Mike) graciously stepped in as the hero figure and selected a thread for your people's choice pick. The following BBC and Review is exclusively Vanator's work and words. Next months winners will be selected by Satu and Stitch, this month's winners! Thank you Mike! And Congrats Satu and Stitch!

ImageOne of the mysteries of Mizahar is the manifestation of energy that exists between the world of mortals and the Ukalas, called the Chavena. The Chavena consists of the myriad of individual chavi, each in constant motion, each belonging to a life. This month's featured thread describes what happens when two of those chavi collide, and two strangers are thrown into the same dream.

The tale is set within a dream and Stitch finds himself in a perfect dreamscape, a wintry utopia with the woman he loves. But an outside element is introduced to his idyllic paradise in the form of a stranger, Satu. At first, the Konti is welcomed with love, invited to share the couples refuge. But the dream turns to a bloody nightmare as Satu's subconscious intervenes, and a gruesome conflict arises for control of the dreamers' world.

This thread is beautifully written, the author's able to successfully create a dream world with descriptive detail, portraying the disjointed nature of dreaming and the unusual reactions that dreamers often have to the bizarre, drawing the reader into the dream. The character's themselves are well-developed and intriguing, and the history and psyche of each are brought into the dream, giving a glimpse into the darkness that dwells deep within both.

The story is compelling, eloquent, graphic and challenging. It is a thread well worth finding a few moments and a quiet place to thoroughly savor each post.

Enjoy your featured Thread of the Month:

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Alice on February 1st, 2011, 8:46 pm

Congratulations, Stitch and Satu! You're both incredibly talented writers (as I've said many many times before)!

Unfortunately I only read the first post, but even that made me look forward to the rest of the thread. Now I'm even more curious ... I like the short and precise summary of the thread!

And ... Mike, watching more and more banners from you show up is so amusing! I just had to say that, haha. ;)
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Tarot on February 1st, 2011, 9:25 pm

A great read... poor, poor Stitch! :) And bad, bad Satu!
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Satu on February 10th, 2011, 12:49 pm

Just wanted to say "awwww thanks everybody, and thanks Mike!" Because this really surprised me, especially since there are so many, many wonderful stories out there floating around Miz!

I had an really amazing time writing with the dear Stitch on this one, it was silly and horrifying and utterly unreal, all at the same time. *laughes*

And I hope Stitch and Satu can run into each other again at some point and be like... "Uh.... it's.... You?" And see where that leads!

Though inland far we be,
Our souls have sight of that immortal sea
Which brought us hither.
~William Wordsworth, Intimations of Immortality

Signature Credit goes to:
archistock.deviantart.com
jurgita.com
catskullcollector.deviantart.com
and the ever lovely and helpful Hex for putting it all together!
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Words: 296249
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2009, 3:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Stitch on February 12th, 2011, 8:51 pm

Haha, this surprised me too. I didn't think anyone had taken notice of our little thread, but I am happy to see a few people enjoyed it. It was a great thread, and I had tons of fun with the dearest Satu. <3

And thank you Mike, for your rather loving review. You are getting extra long man-hugs next time I see you. <33

And thank you everyone else, for taking your time to read this! I hope you enjoy it! -bow!-
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)