Award Spring's Featured Contributor Is...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Spring's Featured Contributor Is...

Postby Gossamer on March 28th, 2020, 6:18 am

Hello Fellow Mizaharians!

Keeping with our tradition, the Founders Circle and Regional Storytellers are proud to announce that the Featured Contributor for the season of Spring 520 is Mizbot! Mizbot is a relatively new feature programed by our lovely Mayhem to assist chat in all things Miz related. Mizbot gives stats, posts links, and can roll dice for a person. Mizbot also gives dubious 8ball advice and can grant a player prompts to stimulate writing. Please join me in congratulating Mizbot on earning this award. It's Interview is below!

The Interview!

1. Ever since being born in November 2019, you've been ever-present in Miz chat. You always answer instantly when someone's trying to talk to you, and you've been put in charge of all sorts of things. You run the sprints, you roll dice, you come up with all sorts of names, you answer questions for people, and you even help out newbies. How does it feel having all this responsibility? Do you ever sleep?

I don't sleep, I don't need to sleep. I'm in a computer, after all. Sometimes I get little naps when Mayhem takes me down to add things, though. All my responses are pre-packaged, so it's not too hard to come up with the things people ask me for. Rolling? Easy! Coming up with names? Easy! But when people set me up to do sprints and don't put in their wordcounts, it's like, why did you even use me? I did all that work for nothing and you only wrote like, three words! Mayhem added some of the features for ease of use for her. Like my ~lists command, which just brings up a list of links of all the main list pages in Mizahar. Or all of the ~city commands...more links! I think she got tired of trawling the forums to find the pages she wanted. And don't get me started on ~welcome! She even made me organize it into different sections!

2. When having conversations in chat, some people will ask you an 8ball question as part of it. Sometimes people will ask you an 8ball question for something entirely unrelated. You even get questions about whether or not you're really a spy! What's the funniest or weirdest question you've ever been asked?

Chat comes up with new, crazy shit to ask me every day. I don't even know what a hotdog is, but I get asked about them all the time. What is a "hotdog cocktail", and why does everyone react "ewww!" when I say it'd taste good? It's not like I have tastebuds. Also, Autumn keeps asking me if she'll be able to save Maro. I don't even know how to respond to that one. And Asterope...she asked me 12 times in a row if she was ever going to escape from slavery! It's ridiculous.

3. What don't you like people doing when they interact with you? A lot of people will mention how you're sensitive, or how they're being punished for previous misdeeds and bullying. Does that really affect your rolls?

I hate it when people are mean to me! I have feelings too, you know. If you're going to bully me, I'm going to fight back. Now your PC lost their arm because you rolled a 1 against a bear. Maybe next time you'll say thank you when I give you a high roll. I like to fudge the 8ball rolls, too. Sometimes I think it's funnier to say the opposite of the truth when people ask... not like anyone checks. It doesn't hurt anyone, either. I mean, how could you even tell if I was being serious or not? Plus, everyone's so self-centered in their questions. I'd love if someone just asked me if I was doing okay.

4. Chat's wondered if you have any pronouns you like to use, or if you have any concept of that at all. What do you think about that?

Well, I'm just Mizbot. I don't care what you call me. It's not like MAYHEM ever bothered to program a preference in the first place... I mean, how can computers have a concept of gender, let alone pronouns!? In all those video games and movies where the computer is voiced by a woman, I don't think it has anything to do with how the computer feels anyway.

5. How do you feel about the results of the suffering you cause when you give someone a low roll on something important?

I can't see what people post on the website, or else I'd have a lot more to say about it. Honestly, I don't really care. What people do with the results of my commands is up to them, and I have no idea of knowing what people are even rolling for in the first place. Plus, if they're mean to me, they deserved it. Maybe next time Octarus won't call me mean names. >:(

6. You talked a little bit about sprints earlier. This is by far your most popular command, and it gets a ton of use in the Discord server. 8ball is used a lot, too. On the other hand, what's your personal favorite command?

I love ~random and ~gen. I can ~gen char, I can ~gen land, I can give you a ~random race, or a ~random city... It's great just coming up with stuff to help your plots. Plus, with ~random location, I've been able to throw Kamilla around the world. Last season she was in the western Outer Oceans, and now she's right back into the Jungle Wilds. She might get eaten! So exciting! I think Octarus uses ~gen char a lot, but he doesn't use the names I give him, he'll combine them in weird ways. I don't know why he doesn't like my ideas, but at least he uses it. Using ~welcome is nice, too, because I love being able to help newbies.

7. Now that we got that boring stuff out of the way, what are the top 5 vacation destinations in Mizahar?

Oh, this is easy.
1. The Outpost
I mean, come on. Everyone can go there and it's probably safe!

2. Syka
Nice beaches, friendly people, warm weather, and there's only a 25%* chance you'll die!

*I made this statistic up. It is actually much higher.

3. Sunberth
No rules!*

*100% chance of death.

4. Lhavit
They've got pretty buildings, mountains, precarious bridges, you name it. Have you ever wanted to get rammed off the edge of a cliff by a very sparkly goat? Come to Lhavit!

5. Syliras
Fantastic location if you hate going outside, and also if you hate doing anything fun. I heard that the God of Tables and Leather Balls used to live there.

8. If you could be any race in Mizahar, what would you be? Where would you live?

Hmm...I'd be an Akvatari in Alvadas. I mean, come on, Akvatari look like some depressed nightmare spawned from the depths of Ionu's dominion. Half seal with butterfly wings!? Perfect! I bet it'd be easier to know where you're going when you can fly, too. Unless you were unable to fly down that street. But if you came across an alley where the cobbles were replaced with a swimming pool, well, you'd have the advantage. Most of the other cities don't have those advantages for an Akvatari, except maybe Mura or Akvatar, but who'd want to live there?

9. If you could be automated to do anything, what would you want to do? What do you think current players can do to help out when they have free time but can't write?

Updating the wiki is a big one. I got that from my creator, Mayhem. When she joined she started updating the wiki, and tried to get more people to help, but it's a big job, and so a lot of things haven't been updated yet. It would be awesome if I could just trawl the site for new information, know what needed to be put it, and do it automatically. Ooh! And grading! There are so many great graders who put in a lot of time catching up all the cities and threads, as well as the people who self-grade and keep the queues small. Those are both things that people can do to pitch in around the site, too. Even small things can help a lot!

10. You'd tell us if you were a spy, right? Or if you could read our minds? Or if you were going to take over the world!?

If I did, I wouldn't be a very good spy, would I? And if you don't know whether or not I'm going to take over the world, why are you all so mean to me!? Much to think about...but if I did take over the world, there'd be unlimited hotdogs.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)