On Horses in Ravok

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

On Horses in Ravok

Postby K'taana on April 18th, 2011, 7:57 pm

I wanted to start my character out in Ravok, but what keeps eating at me is what to do with her horse and goods. Could she bring it across on a ferry? Do the taverns/boarding houses have places for horses? Could she leave them in the temporary "tent town" outside of the Trading Post? Maybe I'm being a bit anal about this, but are there any suggestions? Thanks!
K'taana
Accept Who You Are

Words: 4318
Joined roleplay: April 18th, 2011, 12:38 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

On Horses in Ravok

Postby Crismento Miren on April 18th, 2011, 8:30 pm

Well, I have read some posts of people bringing their horses to the city with them and riding them in there. Your character might ask the same question at the trading post, but to get the quickest reply, you probably could PM Gillar, Seth or Verilian, who rule over the city or find people who would know the answer in the chat room :)
Crismento Miren
Not Laconic

Words: 114694
Joined roleplay: March 10th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

On Horses in Ravok

Postby Gossamer on April 18th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Hi K'taana-

The ferry can take the horses over. I know the Ravok staff is planning a stables at the Southern Trading post. Most of Ravok's streets are actually canals, so people take boats, but you can get into the city with a horse and some of the inn's there will let them be boarded because there are some alley's and bridges. It's not a very horse friendly place like Endrykas or even Syliras. But then again, most cities aren't.

Good luck and have fun!

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)