A Question on Animation

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

A Question on Animation

Postby Tomas on February 24th, 2010, 9:43 pm

Okay, so I'm thinking about a concept for another character I want to make and I want to see if it would be possible.

Would it be possible for a master animator to place his own soul into one of his creations, similar to making a nuit but with a construct instead? Maybe with a combination of another type of magic?
"Honest! I didn't know I was supposed to go in the bathroom. At home they always made me go outside!"
Tomas
Player

Words: 32648
Joined roleplay: February 21st, 2010, 6:02 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Re: A Question on Animation

Postby Tarot on February 24th, 2010, 10:00 pm

There is no reason why that wouldn't be possible at master level. Of course, it would take an appropriate amount of research and some level of risk. A very long term goal to be sure, but doable. :)
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Tomas on February 24th, 2010, 10:12 pm

Yes, it would definitely be a long term goal. Especially considering I'd have to master the skill in the first place, along with whatever skills I'd need to craft a suitable body and so forth. I just wanted to see if it would ever be allowed, were my character to attain such mastery. I wouldn't want to spend forever working toward a goal that I have no chance at getting.
"Honest! I didn't know I was supposed to go in the bathroom. At home they always made me go outside!"
Tomas
Player

Words: 32648
Joined roleplay: February 21st, 2010, 6:02 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Hunter on March 6th, 2010, 1:12 pm

Just make sure the construct has the parts it needs to set up another animation circle, you need to be able to get out if it gets damaged!
Hunter
2 good 4 u

Words: 12186
Joined roleplay: February 7th, 2010, 5:18 pm

Postby Alice on March 6th, 2010, 2:15 pm

Basically there's nothing you can't do in Mizahar. Everything is possible, even great power if you work hard enough to get it. The only reason why we don't have our share of powerful wizards and champions of the gods (yet) is that we're still young and the majority of the PCs is fresh. ;)
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)