Tomas

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Tomas

Postby Tomas on February 23rd, 2010, 3:26 am

Tomas

Basic Information
Race: Kelvic
Birthday: 91st of Summer, 502 AV
Physical Description
Human Form Tomas' human form is rather small in contrast to his large wolf form. He stands 5'9" and weighs 135bs. He is skinny and rather short for a kelvic. He has sharp facial features and usually wears a serious expression, even when amused. His eyes are golden and his hair a dark brown, which he keeps short and rarely groomed.
Wolf Form
In contrast to his rather small human form Tomas' wolf form is huge, weighing in at 130 pounds and 7 feet long. His fur is a mixture of light brown and white, and he has the same golden eyes as his human form. (Tomas' wolf form is modeled after the Tundra Wolf, one of the largest wolf breeds in the world.)

Character Concept
(Still in developement) Tomas was born and raised in captivity. He knows little about the wider world as a whole. While he has a basic understanding of how to survive on his own, he is like a lost child and doesn't understand a lot of things. He knows nothing of his own origins, and knows very little about his race. He knows there are other animal people like himself, but has met only one other his entire life and didn't get much opportunity to speak with him. Tomas' wolf nature makes him very cautious about new people, and it is hard for him to make new friends, though once he has he is extremely loyal. He misses Melanie, his former master, dearly but knows he cannot go back to her and is searching for someone to fill the void.

Tomas hates wearing clothing and wears only light, easy to remove clothes, wearing shoes only when absolutely necessary. If he can get away with it, he prefers to wear nothing at all, or only the cloak. However, he prefers his wolf form over all, having spent most of his life as a wolf and rarely taking human form in the first place.

Character History
Pre-Creation
Tomas was born in captivity, his parents slaves to a group of Kelvic breeders in Sunberth. After being weaned from his mother he and his siblings were transported to Zeltiva where it was intended that they be shipped off to a wizard in Sahova. Tomas was spared that fate. As luck would have it, on the way to the docks his captors were stopped by a wealthy merchant by the name of Roland Zulhan. It was his daughter’s birthday and he convinced the slavers to sell him one of their puppies. He paid a handsome sum, but in the end Tomas was taken back to his estate in Zeltiva.

The merchant’s daughter, Melanie, was thrilled to have her new puppy. She had no idea it was Kelvic, and would not find out for many years. Included in the purchase was a special collar that, when worn by a Kelvic, prevented them from shifting except on command or when his master was in danger. Tomas loved Melanie dearly, but was never allowed to reveal himself in front of her. He was forbidden to do anything that would hint that he was nothing more than an exceptionally well behaved pet.

Unlike his siblings who went to an unknown and probably horrible fate, Tomas led a fairly comfortable life of lounging about the estate, eating table scraps, and cuddling next to his Melanie while she slept at night. It was not all play, however. He had a very important job that he took very seriously.

Roland had made many enemies during the course of his life, and it was Tomas' duty to make sure none of their enemies found his way to the merchant’s daughter. Even as a puppy Tomas was very large, and was chosen because of this. He was a trained, dedicated, one hundred and twenty pound attack wolf who would let no harm come to his master, no matter the threat. He rarely left her side, except on hunting trips where he accompanied Roland into the mountains and was forced to leave Melanie at home. It was on one of these trips that would start the chain of events that would lead to his eventual banishment from the house of Zulhan.

A young sailor by the name of Marcus had asked Melanie's father permission to take her hand in marriage. Roland agreed, and to celebrate the occasion took the boy on a hunting trip into the mountains. The first night of the trip Tomas was ordered to go and collect the firewood, and was allowed to shift in front of Marcus. The young sailor was surprised at first, but quickly realized this was a perfect opportunity to learn more about his wife to be. After a few days, it was plain to Marcus that Tomas was madly in love with Melanie, even if he didn't fully understand what that meant, and this made the boy furious. Instead of demanding Tomas be gotten rid of, he became cruel and vindictive toward the "mutt," as he now referred to Tomas. He beat him at the slightest provocation, and constantly made it clear that Melanie was his and that Tomas was nothing more than a good for nothing rabid dog.

Despite Marcus's cruelty to Tomas, he was very kind to Melanie and she grew to love him. The wedding was the talk of the town, beautiful as it was, and things went by smoothly. Until that night...

Tomas had no idea what a wedding was, but he got lots of tasty table scraps and so it seemed a decent enough occasion to him. He was even allowed to shift and watch the ceremony from the back of the room, though the fancy clothes made him nervous. In fact, he had no idea anything was wrong until that night, when he was forced to sit outside the door of Melanie's room while the newlyweds were given their privacy. Pacing outside the door, he began to hear noises he'd never heard before. It sounded like there was a struggled, and when he heard Melanie cry out, that was all that mannered.

His master was in danger. Tomas shifted, undoing the latch on the door and kicking it opened. There they were Melanie and Marcus, both naked and Marcus doing god knows what to the poor girl. Infuriated that someone she trusted so much would betray his precious Melanie, he shifted back to wolf form and attacked, nearly killing the young sailor in the process. It was only at Melanie’s insistent shouts that he finally stopped. Marcus was rushed to the infirmary, leaving Melanie and Tomas alone in the room.

They sat in silence for a while, girl and wolf, before Melanie finally spoke up. "...Tomas?" Tomas stared back at the girl and wagged his tail a bit. "Tomas, I saw you." He just kept staring at her, waiting for her to say the right thing. "Tommy, c’mon.. You were, human. That must mean... you are Kelvic?" Tomas stood then and wagged his tail some more. "Tom, come on, I know what you are. Stop playing the dumb dog and show yourself."

The moment she said "Show you" he shifted and blurted out everything he'd ever wanted to say to her. "Melanie, I've wanted to tell you for so long. I can understand you, I always have. I'm sorry I hurt him; I just wanted to protect you... I love you so much." They stared at each other for a while, Melanie not knowing what to say, and Tomas having run out of words. Something about seeing her there like that, the both of them naked, him in his human form, aroused something in him he'd never felt before and before he knew it he was on top of her. At first she struggled, but they'd wrestled many times and Tomas thought it only a game, but eventually she gave way to him.

After the wedding Melanie's father had gone into the city for some late night business. After the attack a servant was sent to find him and tell him what happened. He rushed home immediately and when he arrived at Melanie's door the sight he saw before him made him furious. "Melanie, what are you doing!?Get off her you... you dog!" The man rushed over at them and threw Tomas aside; being much bigger and stronger than him, then dragged Melanie out of the room and slammed the door.

They argued for what seemed like hours before Roland finally entered the room. "Tomas, heel." Still in human form Tomas shifted and walked to the man’s side, tail between his legs. They walked out to the courtyard and Roland bid him shift again. "I am deactivating your collar. You can shift freely now. I would have you beaten for what you did, but Melanie demands I show you mercy.. Here." He handed Tomas a small sack of Mizas, "Take this and go. Leave Zeltiva. I don't care where you go, but if I see you again I will have you killed."

Tomas protested for a while, but finally stopped when Roland shouted, "Melanie doesn't want you anymore! Go!!" Heartbroken, Tomas left the estate and wandered around town for a bit until a group of merchants noticed his nudity and called him over. He told them he had no home and didn't know where to go, and they offered him clothing and temporary shelter in his exchange for his services as a guard on their journey to Syliras. Having no other option, Tomas accepted. He'd served as a caravan guard once before with Roland, so he knew what to watch for on the road, and he needed to leave the city so this was his best bet.

After a long journey he finally arrived at the gates of Syliras...

Post-Creation
None yet.

Training
Hunting 15 (10 Racial, 5 SP)
Tracking 16 (15 SP, 1 RP)
Unarmed Combat 22 (20 SP, 2 RP)
Begging 5 (SP)
Wilderness Survival 5 (SP)
Interrogation 1 (RP)
Storytelling 2 (RP)

Lores:
Lore of Zeltiva - Having grown up in Zeltiva, Tomas knows his way around the city and is familiar with all the important people.
Lore of Obediance Training - Having been trained in it himself, Tomas knows all about obediance training for dogs, including commmands and techniques.
Lore of Making a Scene
Lore of Dhani (poor)

Equipment and Possessions

Clothing:
1 Plain white linen shirt, loose fitting brown pants, a brown cloak, and a pair of moccasin slippers. Tomas also wears black leather collar he has worn his entire life, though its magic was deactivated and is nothing more than ornamental now. Tomas keeps his mizas in a small pouch tied to the collar, so that he doesn't lose it when he shifts.

Backpack which contains:
1 set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
Food for a week
1 eating knife
1 Waterskin

Home
None yet

Religion
Tomas knows little about religion, and thus has none.

OOC Notes:
I know I could have gotten extra gold by not choosing a home/tent, but I didn't want it. Tomas has neither home, nor tent, and I don't want him being rich either... so no free gold for him.
Thread List
Entering Syliras: Main Gate
Acquiring New Lodgings: 68th of Winter, 509AV The Travelers Lodge
First Day in a new Place, 69th Day of Winter, 509AV
Making a new Friend - 40th Day, Spring of 510 A.V
Last edited by Tomas on October 3rd, 2010, 4:31 am, edited 9 times in total.
"Honest! I didn't know I was supposed to go in the bathroom. At home they always made me go outside!"
Tomas
Player

Words: 32648
Joined roleplay: February 21st, 2010, 6:02 am
Character sheet

Re: Tomas

Postby Tomas on February 23rd, 2010, 5:44 am

Ledger:

Total: 88GM, 2SM

Starting: 100 Gold Mizas
-5SM (Travelers Lodge)
-4SM (Food)
-18SM (Travelers Lodge)
-91 SM (Travelers Lodge, All of Spring.)
+1 GM (Investigating Enemy Territory)
-91 SM (Travelers Lodge, All of Summer)

Total: 80GM, 1SM
"Honest! I didn't know I was supposed to go in the bathroom. At home they always made me go outside!"
Tomas
Player

Character sheet

Tomas

Postby Tomas on October 3rd, 2010, 4:53 am

The Heart of the Wolf

General Information :
1. What is your Name? My name is Tomas. I don't have a last name.

2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? I've been called Tom, Tomas, and Tommy. But mostly just Tomas.

3. How old are you? I'm 8 years old now.

4. What is your height? 5 foot, nine inches.

5. What is your weight? 135 pounds

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. Well, I'm loyal, friendly, and protective of my friends. I like to think I've got a good head on my shoulders, and that I've got a bright future ahead of me.

2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. Depends. I'm a big scary wolf, or a dorky little guy who doesn't know anything about the world he lives in. As far as my personality, like I said before. I'm friendly, loyal, and protective.

3. What is your favorite body feature? Which body? I like my fur best.

4. How physically fit are you? Don't let my looks deceive you, I'm not the skinny weakling I appear to be.

5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? No style, just whatever is available at the time. Preferably nothing, that way I can shift easier. I prefer my wolf form.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? I never knew my parents. I was bought as a pup from a slave trader, and given to Melanie as a pet.

2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? I think so... but they're all most likely dead by now.

3. What is your extended family like? Melanie was my master. I loved her with all my heart, though she never knew it. Then there was her father... he wasn't so bad, especially when he was drinking, but he never let me show Melanie who I really was. Melanie's mother was okay I guess.. and then there was Marcus, the jerk who stole her away from me.

4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? A friend is family.

5. Do you treat animals like family? Well, I would be a hypocrite if I didn't.

2. Where do you live now? In and around Syliras

3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? With Melanie... doesn't matter where.

4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? Never been on a vacation.

5. Where do you fear to be? What kind of weird question is that?

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) Nope. Fit as a fiddle.

2. Are you right handed or left handed? Right,

3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? Well I don't speak dog if that's what you're asking.

4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I like raw meat. I run around naked. I like to roll in the mud. You get the picture, I'm a glorified dog.

5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ? I have heard piercings can be very dangerous with a kelvic... though I wonder what a tattoo would look like with my fur?

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? Um... I was a bodyguard/pet. I guess now I'm jobless.

2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? I don't mind work. I just don't have a job.

3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? Melanie's husband.

4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? Um.. I don't really know very many occupations.
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why? Don't know.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? A furry one.

2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? Playing with Melanie in her bed.

3. What is your worst memory from childhood? Getting punished for "ruining" the rug.

4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? Never knew them.

5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? Never had a rolemodel before.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? I am a graduate of attack dog training, and have basic hand to hand combat training.

2. Do you like/dislike learning? I love learning, especially if treats are involved.

3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? Melanie and her father, and the servants.

4. How do you learn best? With treats.

5. What are your educational goals for the future? I need to learn how to live on my own.. guess I've been doing fine so far. But I need to get a job.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? Only close bond I ever had was with Melanie.

2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? I am pretty trusting, I guess.

3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? I don't even know what that means...

4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. Yes... it was wonderful for me.

5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. Yes... and I'd prefer not to talk about it.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. I have been drunk... it didn't end well.

2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? Not really.

3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? I haven't had enough to choose just one.

4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? Nope, never tried them.

5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. Hey, whatever makes you happy.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? Hunting, sunning, and meeting random people.

2. Do you like to read? ...not very good at that.

3. What annoys you more than anything else? People who ignore me when I cock my head to the side and give them the worlds cutest look.

4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Sleep.

5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? I don't really get embarrassed.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? I love blue.

2. What is your favorite time of day? early morning and late evening

3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? Um... I don't know. I'll have to get back to you on that.

4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? Love meat, hate nothing. Enough said.

5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? Not scare of any kind, but I love those clear cool days.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? I'm pretty optimistic.

2. What are your religious views? Never knew much about religion.

3. Would you be able to kill? If it was for food, or endangering on of my friends, anything.

4. What are your views on sex? Um... only had it once. Didn't turn out to well. I've heard it can be great, but I wouldn't know anything about that.

5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? Man.. that's a loaded question. Ask me again when I've had one.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? Um... everything that happened the night of Melanie's wedding... both answers.

2. What is your greatest regret? Melanie's wedding night...

3. What is your best/worst memory? Again... same answer

4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? The results of Melanie's wedding night.

5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? Doing my job and protecting my master all those years.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? I don't hide my feelings anymore.

2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? Nope

3. What makes you happy? Oh, lots of things.

4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? I would die for those I care about.

5. What makes you angry? I try not to get angry at all.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? Good

2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? Right now, I guess me.

3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? I don't know...

4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. No. And I'm not sure what an ideal lover would be either.

5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why I can protect myself.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Tomas
Player

Character sheet