[FLASHBACK] Does a Bear Shyke in the Woods? [Fela Meason]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Jehriko on August 9th, 2011, 12:21 am

38 Winter 509 AV

It was cold. Jehriko decided that today, much like every other day, was a great day to fill his gut with as much drink and foodstuff as he could afford. He rolled off his bed, stood up, and scratched his belly. I wonder how much drink I can charm out of Kashal today. He stretched and yawned. He did love the taste of Grath's honeyed drinks, but he did hate climbing up from the undercavern. As Jehriko passed his practice dummy, he playfully pawed its "face"--a crudely painted visage of scribbles that resembled an angry face. He walked over to the door of his apartment and was reminded of his nakedness when the cold cavern air blew against his tender bits. He would need clothes to venture out. He wished he could just bear around the city, but the rope ladders required opposible thumbs, and it was easier on his nerves to climb the stairs as a man, since gripping the trees and vines while walking was nearly impossible for a bear. Jehriko hated getting dressed, but he could almost taste Grath's Special. That Jamoura has a way with honey. It was totally worth the effort.

After getting dressed and scraping together some Mizas, Jehriko trudged outside, still drunk with sleep. He left the Undercavern and made his way to the vine ladders that would take him up into the city. He walked around the Foliage until he got to the ladder that led up to the Outer Petals. He gripped the vines and closed his eyes. He wouldn't let fear get in the way of that sweet, sweet drink. He imagined a tall, cold pitcher of Grath's Special. The honey. The fruit. The... gods knew what that monkey put in that drink, but it was so good. Jehriko swallowed his fear and began to climb. The cold wind was like daggers against his skin. He had to focus everything on not thinking about the climb. He was having second thoughts. He had had to do this many times, but it never seemed to get any easier.

After a few chimes, which to Jehriko felt like days, Jehriko made it up into the Outer Petals. He moved away from the ledge up which he had climbed, relieved to be done with that chore. He could see Grath's Rest, that wonderful oasis carved in a tree. Jehriko happily swaggered over to the tavern. He was here, at his very favorite place in The Spires, and that made him a happy bear.
(22:28:05) Seven_Xu: Victor, I'm sorry I called you a gap-toothed shyke. It's not your fault you're so gap-toothed.

Jehriko
Smarter than the average...

Words: 3023
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2011, 4:18 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Fela Meason on August 9th, 2011, 8:23 am

38th of Winter, 509 AV

Light could be seen coming from downstairs in the open dining area, sweet Syna was shining down upon them today to warm the chilly northern air and for a short respite chasing away the rain that was so common this time of year. No doubt the early morning fog would be coating the forest and hiding the already hidden city from even a native. Fela stood no chance at making her way around town. She sighed and decided it would be best to just stay at the tavern today and enjoy the sights and sounds.

She stretched her body into twisted knots easing any tension in her muscles. The hammock swung playfully in the loft where they were housed causing Fela to giggle. She heard a small moan come from below her, Salida had woken up. Fela hung over the side of the hammock and waited, staring, for Salida to wake up.

When she did finally sit up in her own hammock Fela smiled brightly and bent down to lay a chaste kiss on the blind girl's forehead.
Good morning beautiful. She said in a teasing tone.

To this Salida answered, You only say that because you know I can't argue with you, it's that right? She turned her irritated face in the direction of Fela's voice and stuck out her tongue. Fela's response was a quick lick on the cheek before she flipped out of her hammock and landed gracefully on the floor of their carved space.

I'm going to go find us something to eat, will you be ok for a while on your own? Fela cupped Salida's face in her hands and stroked her cheeks with absentmindedness. Salida only nodded and smiled at her bondmate. Fela placed one more kiss on her forehead before creeping down the stairs.

The sight of the dining area always amazed her, they had been here several passes of sacred Leth yet she never seemed to get used to the carved building. Calling it a building was not doing it justice. It still was a tree, a massive tree which was quite intimidating to any new arrival. Fela picked her way over to one of the small carved seats and stared idly out the door into the forest beyond. Syna was once again hidden from view as dark clouds rolled in and threatened to hose everything down.

Rain was great, Fela loved nothing more than to lounge in the rain on a warm summer's day. Well nothing more with the exception of sweets...and eating. She really did enjoy a well cooked meal. Which is exactly what she found every time she came down those stairs.

Kashal noticed Fela sitting off by herself and made her way over.
Good morning child. Are you feeling well? You see distracted. The large Jamoura greeted her with a frighteningly expressive face. Her deep voice rumbling deep inside Fela. She believed she would never get used to the bass in the voices of the Jamoura. While their words were both thoughtful and intelligent she found it hard to not get distracted by their amazing baritones.

Fela smiled at the primate and rested her head in her hand.
I'm fine Kashal. The weather just has me a little down. How I would love to go and explore the city, but I guess I just picked an awful time to do it. This rain is lovely but very counter productive to my wants. Fela paused and remembered what she wanted. Fishing out a gold rimmed Miza she handed it to Kashal, even thought an early morning meal was only two silver Mizas she gave the friendly Jamoura a little extra when she could for the kindness she had shown to Fela and Salida since they had arrived.

Would it be too much trouble to ask for some breakfast for two hon? You can make it how ever you want. Feel free to experiment on mine with what ever craziness you would like to put in there, but for Salida I think a standard vegetarian would do the trick. She smiled warmly at Kashal before the friendly giant made her way back to the kitchen to prepare some of their famous, and healthy, meals.

Fela returned her eyes to the doorway, if you could call that large open space a doorway, staring intensely at anything that breezed through that "door". She was going stir crazy stuck here no matter how lovely it was and was aching for just something new the come into her life.
Last edited by Fela Meason on August 12th, 2011, 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Words: 149056
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 3:31 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Jehriko on August 11th, 2011, 9:54 am

Jehriko sauntered over to the bar where Kashal was cleaning a pitcher. Hey Kash. Haven't seen me around lately, huh? I've been keeping to myself too long, and I had to come up here and see your lovely face. He shot the Jamoura a smile. She gave him a look and shook her head. You know what I'm here for, besides the pleasure of your company, of course. A pitcher of the Special, if ya don't mind. Jehriko pulled out a nearby stool and plopped down. The great thing about being a big guy was that Jamouran furniture wasn't too big. He took in a deep breath of the crisp air and looked around. Plenty of patrons were scattered about, most of which were Spires residents that he knew. Some he did not know, like the girl with the pretty eyes two seats away who was eyeing him up. Ay girl! I've not seen you around The Spires. He gave her a full grin. Climbing that ladder was so worth it.
(22:28:05) Seven_Xu: Victor, I'm sorry I called you a gap-toothed shyke. It's not your fault you're so gap-toothed.

Jehriko

Character sheet

Postby Fela Meason on August 24th, 2011, 4:08 am

38th of Winter, 509 AV

Fela took a sip of her water Kashal had brought her and lowered it back to the table. Ripples spread across the surface. This wasn't a very uncommon occurrence here in the Spires. The gentle giants that were the Jamoura moved the earth with their massive bodies. Each step caused waves through the very earth itself and sent a good many a drink sloshed over the side. Fela looked up in hopes to see a familiar face breeze into the bar.

What met her instead was no primate but someone of human appearance. He towered over her and managed to look most of the Jamoura in the eyes. He had to be almost 7 feet tall. Her head spun, she was used to being around the Akalak but had never met a human male who towered to fiercely over her. She could not take her eyes off of him and caught herself staring and following his movement across the bar.

He was a monster of a man. Aside from his impressive height he was also well filled out. His shoulders seemed to stretch the size of a small water craft. His face was covered in a full wiry beard which seemed to blend into his tan skin. His arms alone were the size of her head and looked solid with muscle. She narrowed her eyes for a better look and noticed what she thought was hard solid muscles appeared quite soft on second glances. This man was strong, incredibly strong, but lazy. A glance at his midsection confirmed this little guess.

A small round belly told of too many pints of Honey ale and far too few sit ups. Fela smiled. She liked this man. Even though he could kill her as soon as look at her, he beat her in brute strength, he also seemed like a reasonable man who could be won over with a warm drink and a belly rub.

Fela was staring so intensely she barely heard him when he addressed her directly. She only caught to tail end of his sentence
...not seen you around The Spires. He offered her a toothy grin.

Fela blushed a deep crimson at having been caught staring and looked away towards the trees. She stammered a reply.
I'm passing through with a friend on our way north. My bondmate wishes to see her family. She paused. Are you from here friend? You may be nearly as hairy but don't seem nearly as imposing in height as the locals. She gave a mischievous grin she had perfected over the years.
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Words: 149056
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 3:31 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Jehriko on September 3rd, 2011, 7:35 am

Jehriko looked down at his hairy arms and frowned. Hey now girl, Jehriko spoke, listen real close now. I may be hairy, but... Jehriko scratched his head. He wasn't sure where he was going with this. She was facing away from him now. Well... lady, I measure up to these Jamoura in a number of ways! Uh... lissen lady--wait, did you say bondmate? Jehriko remembered the stories his parents told of bondmates, and how the restless, empty feeling could be stopped. Are you like me? I mean, an animal? The Jamoura call me a Kelvic. Is that what you are?

Jehriko stood up, and since his attention was turned on the girl, tripped on the stool and toppled backwards over it, barely having time to extend an arm to break his fall, which was quite loud. Ugh! Jehriko roared and grimaced. He wasn't making the best first impression on the girl.

Jehriko

Character sheet