Taln's Journal

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Taln's Journal

Postby Taln on September 12th, 2011, 9:31 pm

Several strangely patterned dots are carved into the far corner of a forgotten cave of the Warrens. This is essentially, Taln's journal.

Taln
Ivak's will be done

Words: 246324
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2011, 12:57 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Never Say Die (1)

Taln's Journal

Postby Taln on September 28th, 2011, 7:47 pm

56 Summer 511AV
Dru is teaching me to think in letters now and it's hard but I like it. She calls me Brother in Symenos. She showed me my message reads the Elder orders me to his office again tomorrow. Both of them are openly disgusted by me so why have me there? Any drudge can pick up their supper mess and I ruined my chance to learn. I don't want to see those looks again, but I must obey. Why tell me to meet them? For punishment? That must be the reason. Someone's coming so I should wipe away the sand.
Taln
Ivak's will be done

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Taln's Journal

Postby Taln on April 10th, 2012, 5:34 pm

It is about a quarter way into spring season of 512 as I try to write. My script must be swift for the paper sears and curls beneath my touch, with the close heat of my hand. What and who have I become? A beast of some kind? I am not a person any longer, not that I can tell. I haven't eaten in a few ten-days which is just fine as I feel no discomfort.

The land is torn asunder in gaping maws that char and smoke and stink, yet I walk upon them with uncovered feet. The only thing I seem to feel is confusion. How do I write so fluently now, when I was half blind and illiterate not so long ago? Who is this Velispar who gave me his life and dwells within? Everyone cries out the name Ivak, but do they know to whom they call to?

I awoke almost a bell ago, up to my neck in stone, my body comfortably encased inside the earth! It was hot and comforting and I bore witness to owning claws and a tail! Not me! Who am I and what have I become?! I must end this missive abruptly as the parchment is beginning to smolder. But I do like fire very much now....

Taln
Ivak's will be done

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Taln's Journal

Postby Taln on April 14th, 2012, 6:00 pm

Date numbers are irrelevant to me now.

There is a girl child Dek that ran into me recently and I'm not sure what to do with her. I've never been on the other end of being a Dek. How do you accept responsibility for a life other than your own? A Dek's presence demands attention, care, orders and purpose.

That was my place! I know of nothing else but servitude and this Ivak damned girl has forced me to take a rank that commands Dek. What do I say to this girl? I don't want this! It makes me furious! How can a mere girl child force me to a place I cannot stand. I don't want her terror controlled by me! I'd rather die again than harm this poor drudge or have her trust in my incapable hands!

I'm getting too angry and the paper is searing beneath my hand, but what do I do?! Ivak bring me sanity!

Taln
Ivak's will be done

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Taln's Journal

Postby Taln on May 11th, 2012, 9:27 pm

I heard that people still don't truly understand Ivak, what greatness he has done and continues to do for the masses. We wouldn't exist without him taking care of this world! The stagnation would destroy every living thing if not for Him! He represents the core of our world, our lives, our emotions, loves, families, oceans, insects, waters, fires, the food we eat, the very djed we use and take for granted. How are they so blind they can't see him in every touch, every breath, every tear? I will teach and praise his name so that every man woman and child may know his greatness. And nothing will stop me.
Ivak's will be done.

Taln
Ivak's will be done

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes