A Cold Day Getting Colder [Coren]

Jaiun is having a simple walk down the street when things get chilly thanks to one particular prankster.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Jaiun on September 18th, 2011, 3:06 pm

22nd Fall 511 AV

It was a cold day in Avanthal that fine morning, and Jaiun was enjoying it.

His shift at the Icewall Gates had just ended, and Jaiun now found himself wandering down the icy streets of Avanthal. Where did he want to go? He wasn't sure. For the moment, he was happy to enjoy the crisp air of the Northern Reaches, sucking in the chilly air with a thankful breath. Being crowded in with several others of Icewatch at the Gates might be good for security purposes, but after a hour or so, the stench was awful.

Jaiun breathed out happily and opened his eyes, revealing piercing blue-green eyes. He was dressed only in a roughhewn tunic, but the cold air didn't bother him; in fact, he seemed to enjoy it. Any familar with the reason who managed to catch a glimpse of the snowflake on the Kelvic's right arm would realize why.

As he walked down the street, he realized how empty it was; nearly no one was in sight. Hm. That was strange. Jaiun glanced upwards; the sun rested snugly in the middle of the sky. The streets were usually packed at this bell. Why were there barely anyone along this street? For a second, Jaiun's Icewatch training took charge, making him tense up and look around; a second later, his common sense kicked in.

It's nothing, it told him. There's probably a dozen reasons there's nobody along this street. Jaiun shrugged, convinced. That was probably correct. It wasn't like there were any potential enemies in the current vicinity, right?

Jaiun wandered down the street blissfully, unaware than an enemy, though not of the kind he perceived, was waiting nearby.

Last edited by Jaiun on October 10th, 2011, 7:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reworking this character. Please excuse the changes occurring; they won't last long, I promise.
Jaiun
Don't be fooled.

Words: 53896
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2011, 12:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Coren on October 1st, 2011, 2:25 pm

Quite a few chimes before Jaiun had arived Coren just walked along the streets, his eyes drooping in boredom as he desperately wanted to find some something to keep himself occupied. Well something that didn't involve work or reading in any form. He had enough of both of it and he didn't badger that old man for a day of just to sit down and read. He just should have gone to work if he wanted to do that. Suddenly something hit him on the head, causing coren to jump a few steps backwards and look up in surprise. Though that surprise quickly turned into a wicked plan for amusement in his head as he saw what had hit him. A huge amoun tof snow was packed on top of the roof of the building, the iceglazes probably where still working to get it cleared, though if there was this much packed up on the roof they probably would coming to work on it, or be working on the other end of the street or something like that. After quickly looking around for anybody who could catch him and finding nobody except a group of iceglazes working on the roofs of a the building on the other side of the street he walked towards the building. Rubbing his hands before he Tried to climb on the roofs.

The way Coren tried to get on the roof was the most obvious way, Jumping up and trying to grab the ledge and then pull himself up, after vainly even trying to touch the roof with his fingertips a few times he just gave up for a while, panting in exertion. It was coming into his mind that this would be an exercise in futility and that he would need to something to give him a hand or he wouldn't get on the roof. He just patted a few bits of snow that had fallen on him as he was trying to climb on the roof of his shoulders as he looked around for anything that would help him get on top of the roof. Unfortunately he didn't see anything in the surroundings, nor anybody in the vicinity that would help him up. But once again his eye fell on the iceglazes working on top of the roof a few houses away. If he was lucky he was able to weasel them into loaning him a ladder or something.

Having no other option evident to him he quickly walked over towards the iceglazes. “Hey! Anybody up there?” He yelled up towards the roof, they where working on, hoping to catch their attention. A few moments later a fairly familiar face poked over the edge of the roof.
“Coren? What are you doing here?” Coren just waved at his old friend with a relieved smile on his face. “Well I lost something on the roof and I wanted to loan a ladder.” Coren said in a cheery tone his cheshire grin hidden beneath his mask. The man just looked at him with a blank face before sighing. “This has something to do with those pranks of yours aren't they?” Coren just gave a short nod. “Well I would say no but then your just going to take the ladder anyway isn't it?” Once again coren nodded. “Fine, just take one of the two then. But you better bring it back, don't get thrown in prison for this and I'm expecting a favor later. Got it?” Coren just gave a cheery nod as he grabbed one of the ladder and lifted it with a bit of difficulty. “Yeah yeah, don't get your breeches all twisted up Dadaryi. I'll get your precious ladder back without a scratch on it.” he stuffed the ladder as good and bad as he could underneath his armpit and dragged it towards the building he left unattended for a while and put the ladder against the wall and easily climbed on the roof, being as carefull as possible not to drop to much snow already before pulling the ladder up on the roof with some effort and lying down not bothering to contain his amused smile.

Only a short time later his first victim for his prank entered the street, completely unaware of his presence, trying to contain his chuckles as the man was walking right towards the right spot for his prank. As soon as he was sure that the man would get the full brunt of the snow on his head he tapped his gnosis, melting a few parts of the snow right in front of him, turning it into a sludgy mix of water and snow and pushed a fairly seizable chuck of it off the roof.

oocWell I wanted to post sooner... but school and the fact it just kept on going kinda slowed me down a lot ^^;

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"
"Me speaking nader canoch!"

Real life is kicking me in the can at the moment. posting is delayed. sorry for the inconvienience.
Coren
journeyman mage

Words: 294771
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2011, 7:33 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Guest Storyteller (1)

Postby Jaiun on October 7th, 2011, 11:13 pm

The cold didn't particularly affect him. Being an Ice Reaver, it barely had any effect whatsoever on him, actually. It wasn't that that pissed Jaiun off so much. No, it was the simple fact of having ice thrown on him that really made him mad.

It came about halfway down the street. A sizeable chunk of mud and ice came raining down on Jaiun's head, and, given how surprised him was, he was only able to twist around to avoid about half of it. The rest of that mud, snow, and ice, landed directly in Jaiun's curls- and the rest spattered Jaiun's feet. Fantastic.

Jaiun roared loudly, an odd sound coming from a human throat. He twisted his head back (sending droplets of water and ice flying) just in time to see a pair of hands retract from the house above him. It was then that he knew this was no simple accident: no, somebody had thrown the ice down. On him!

"Come down here, right now!" Jaiun shouted. He waited to see what the prankster would do. Would he comply, or would he try to run? Oh, Jaiun so wanted to see him -or her- do the latter. That way he would have an excuse to tackle him. Oh yes, Jaiun was indeed pissed off.

Last edited by Jaiun on October 10th, 2011, 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reworking this character. Please excuse the changes occurring; they won't last long, I promise.
Jaiun
Don't be fooled.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Coren on October 8th, 2011, 6:57 pm

Coren had to fight to keep his laughter contained as the man roared in anger, he wished he could see the man's expression at getting a load of snow dumped on his head. But if somebody was roaring in anger like. he either was pissed of like Coren had never seen before, or he just dumped a load of snow on one of the ice watch kelvic. Or if he really was unlucky it was both. Either way, it was best not to linger around here for to long, lest the man got wind of him. Just as he grabbed the ladder and was about to climb to the other side of the roof as silently he could. He heard the man from below yell for him to come down.

He stopped what he was doing and just pressed himself against the roof and kept himself as silent as he could. Maybe the man would go away and leave him be so that he could wait for a next victim to come along and amuse himself with. So he he just waited, a bit curios what the man down there would do.

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"

Real life is kicking me in the can at the moment. posting is delayed. sorry for the inconvienience.
Coren
journeyman mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Guest Storyteller (1)

Postby Jaiun on October 8th, 2011, 10:26 pm

No response from his friend up above. That would be a problem. Jaiun wasn't adverse to climbing things, but Rafresa, his watch commander, might have an issue with him recklessly scaling Avanthal buildings. Damn! Now what to do?

As he tried to figure out a plan, Jaiun kept his eyes focused securely on the roof of the building where the suspect was hiding out. Or seemed to be: Jaiun couldn't tell for sure if the man was even up there. Everything was dead silent, as it where.

What will his adversary do? If he didn't move soon, Jaiun might just have to give up what he was doing, and in no way did Jaiun want that to happen. In an effort to perhaps provoke the man into coming down, he shouted up there, "If you don't come down here within the next chime, I'm coming up!" A pretty empty threat at the moment, unless Jaiun found another way up. Now that he thought of it, how did the ice-slinger get up there originally? Perhaps the man had brought a ladder or something of the like with him. And perhaps Jaiun could use that to get up to the roof in the same way...

Jaiun began inspecting all sides of the buildings, intermittently looking up at the roof to see if the man did anything.

Jaiun
Don't be fooled.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Coren on October 14th, 2011, 6:18 pm

Coren let out a small annoyed sigh as he heard the man below yell out his last warning. Well it seemed the guy below wasn't dumb or unobservant enough to be fooled by his little hiding act. Just as he was about to pipe up and taunt the victim of his prank a bit, since he probably couldn't get up on the roof. Before another idea sprung into his mind.

“Okay, fine fine you found me. Just wait a minute and I'll come down.” he said, lying through his teeth as he began turning around the ladder, intending to use it as a giant scoop to throw a whole lot more of snow down on him and he forced down his giggles as he spoke once again, hoping to draw out a reaction so that he knew where the man was standing. “Just keep that temper under control will you, it was just a harmless prank. No use beating somebody up for it.” He carefully listened for any kind of reply. A mischievous smile hidden beneath his mask.

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"

Coren
journeyman mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Guest Storyteller (1)

Postby Jaiun on October 18th, 2011, 8:34 pm

That's good, then." Jaiun's voice seemed to come out of nowhere, and suddenly he appeared at the base of the ladder, one hand gripping it tight. He looked up at the man, trying to get a good glimpse of his attacker, but he couldn't really see anything. Yet.

He had finally come across the ladder when he heard the man move, his keen ears telling him where the man was and which wall the ladder would be most likely be up against for ease of access. While his human ears were hardly as good as his bear ones, the measured guess he managed to obtain was enough to lead him to the ladder.

The man had spoken, then, too, admitting defeat...supposedly. It would be foolhardy to think that this man, having already ticked off a polar bear would have the nerve to try and do anything other than willingly comply, but you could never tell with the turbulent Vantha.

"Come down now, and no tricks." Jaiun showed his teeth threateningly. "You've already got me pissed off. Don't push it any farther."

Jaiun
Don't be fooled.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Coren on October 30th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Coren muffled his snickers as he heard the man yell up, warning him to quit with his tricks before he pissed him of further. “Sure sure, don't get your breeches twisted in a knot!” He yelled down as he silently packed together some more snow, taking care that the man wouldn't hear what he was doing, before he poked his head over the edge of the roof, looking down at the man. Pausing for a slight moment when he saw a tall and fairly muscular person standing at the bottom of the ladder. A part of his mind screaming that this wasn't a good idea and that he should just go down without further trouble.

Pushing away the sensible part of his mind he just smiled behind his leather face mask a small mischievous spark visible in his eyes.
“Just give me some time to get down, climbing up and down on ladders with this heavy robe isn't very easy.” He said in a chipper voice as he leaned back out of view again. Satisfied that it would be almost impossible to miss with the heap of snow from this distance. He grabbed the heap of snow he had gathered a few moments before and carefully slid it closer to the edge.
“Hey Look up!” he yelled out at the same time he pushed the heap of snow over the edge, hoping that the man below actually followed the command out of sheer confusion or instinct so that he would get the entire load of snow right in his face.

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"

Coren
journeyman mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Guest Storyteller (1)

Postby Jaiun on December 7th, 2011, 11:04 pm

Jaiun was prepared that time. The man's cheery voice hadn't lured him into complacency, and instead the thought that shouldn't he be more upset that he was caught? ran through Jaiun's head. In a second, Jaiun had determined the man only wished him further humiliation, and acted accordingly.

The ladder was thrown to the side as Jaiun danced back, avoiding the downfall of snow and ice with only inches to spare. Despite the fact that he knew it was coming, Jaiun couldn't help but say something. "You petching ass!" He swore, loudly. A passing Vantha lady turned to give him a disapproving look, not noticing the Vantha on the rooftop. But Jaiun paid her no heed.

Instead, he focused on the ladder, which had been thrown to the side by his sudden movement. It hung precariously against the edge of the roof. With a snarl and a sudden push, Jaiun threw it down, leaving his attacker stranded.

"Fine," Jaiun growled. "You disobeyed the command of a guard, and this is your punishment. Have fun sleeping on the roof, miscreant." He spat. And with that, he turned his back on the profligate.

Jaiun
Don't be fooled.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Coren on December 9th, 2011, 6:32 pm

Coren laughed loudly as the man below him began to swear loudly, sure he hadn't hit the man with his second load of snow but the reaction he got from the man was still satisfying.
“Now now, didn't your mother never teach you not to curse?” Coren said in a teasing tone at the raging man below him. “You might teach the young ones words they are still to young for.” he just looked at the man with an amused look on his face as he pushed it down to the ground with an animalistic snarl. Supposedly trapping him up here. He just chuckled, some times he was glad he chose to keep his mystical skill's a secret.

“Tsk,Tsk. A guard with anger issues, didn't they train that out of you guy's when you joined the icewatch? Getting worked up like this just because of a little prank pulled on you isn't how a proper guard should act.” Coren said in that same amused tone as he sat down at the edge of the roof and looked down at the man. Waiting to see how he would react or just continue to walk away.

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"

Coren
journeyman mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Guest Storyteller (1)

Next