[Flashback] Step with me into the Shadows (Dhatzu)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

[Flashback] Step with me into the Shadows (Dhatzu)

Postby Cailet on October 4th, 2011, 8:35 pm

"But they seem so friendly..." Wide brown eyes followed Dhatzu's every gesture, focusing on his lips when he spoke rather than his eyes. Lips could lie, where as eyes could not, but yet Cailet couldn't bring herself to create that contact while they spoke of such personal things. But then again, speaking to someone at all seemed like a personal endeavor for the teen.

There was a wisp of laughter behind her. Cailet turned, and saw nothing. Another piqued voice chortled over where Dhatzu dropped his shadow. Again she looked, and there was nothing. Just the shadows. It seemed as if the acolyte was right. They weren't friends just yet. "I see." Cailet's tone was guarded again, after being laughed at. She started to take a few steps away from the boy, the moment having lost it's romantic sense of mystery that had so quickly ensnared her.

"Cailet, Akajia has, for some reason, taken notice of us. Me because I sought out, found, and kept a pretty big secret. I assume you too have a secret that interests her. Well...apparently, just like others like her, they put a mark on one's they watch.."

Whether Dhatzu realized he was losing the cooperation of his audience thanks to the very things he was trying to explain, those meddlesome shadows, he dropped another bomb on the girl that reeled her right back in. Taken notice? Of her? "No way." She said out loud, while at the same time Amanda reached for her hand, nodding in agreement with Dhatzu. Glancing down at the transparent child, and back up at the solid teen, and back down again, Cailet sighed.

That's right. Don't fight it. For once, Cailet's inner child, who was much more than only her lost childhood, was right. Being special, after being abandoned and swept up into the strict order of the Shinya, was a new concept. Cailet was tough and good at what she did, protecting Lhavit and it's people, but that was expected, not praised. Special was... beauty, wit, talent or many other things that she did not believe she possessed. But still...

A Goddess noticed her. Something snapped inside her head and an ultra rare smile blossomed across her face. In that one moment, with her big brown eyes glowing, her cheeks flushed with unbridled excitement and with that smile lighting her face...she was beautiful.

Then Dhatzu started taking off his robe and Cailet almost tripped over herself trying to get away. "What are you doing!" She cried, covering her face as if she was going to be burned by looking at a man's naked flesh. Still a child when it came to sexuality, this reaction was no surprise, though it was hard to say if the acolyte had been expecting it. She had not been listening clearly enough, or had not understood, the mention of being "marked". Determined to get the point across, Dhatzu continued to bare his back for her, turning to show the young woman, who stood a dozen feet away peering through her fingers, the tattoo-like mark that spread across his back.

"Whoa. That's not an inking, is it? She gave that too you? Did it hurt? How did you find it? Wait..." Stumbling back to him, Cailet had reached out with a childlike disbelief towards the triangle mark. It couldn't be painful, as he said they were marked...They, as in she was also marked. "I have one of these? Where?!"

Considering her earlier revolution to Dhatzu removing his robe, it could be considered hypocritical the way that Cailet now pulled her own loose cotton shirt over her head, not having donned her acolyte robe that morning, and tossing it to the ground. Left only in her undergarments, Cailet turned to show her back to the other teen, as he did her. "Is it there? Do I have one?"

And sure enough, she did. Exactly like Dhatzu, there was a large black triangle that stretched between her shoulder blades, though Cailet's was slightly embellished where Dhatzu sported clean, crisp lines. When the location of the mark was confirmed, Cailet would move over to the windows, trying to see her reflection, to see the mark. "Is it pretty?" The question was almost pleading, as if she was afraid that she would be further disfigured by this Goddess's apparent sign of affection.

Cailet turned to him with her eyes big once more, brow furrowed to give her a look of extreme concentration. She was worried, and afraid to say so. Still by her side, Amanda gave the young womans hand a light squeeze. It reassured her, but the crease between her brows did not lessen.

Having gone from angry, to disbelieving, to skeptical, to believing, to engulfed in wonder, Cailet was sliding back home into skeptical. "Well? What is this mark supposed to do? Am I going to glow? Don't tell me, my back is going to talk to me now, too?" A shadow sniggered somewhere nearby, and Cailet sent it a scowl. It seemed like since Dhatzu warned her about the shadows being her friend, they realized the facade was up and were bearing their true colors.

While she waited for the young man to respond, Cailet peered around the room as if she had never seen it before. As emotional and worked up as she was earlier, she hadn't realized with what ease her gaze penetrated the shadows. Was that normal? Had she always been able to see that well, and just never noticed it?

"Can...you...Can I... see better?" Gaze flickering back to Dhatzu, Cailet added this to the pile of questions she had already tossed at him.

Blue is Cailet...
Purple is Everyone else...
Italics is Amanda...
Bold are the shadows, ever whispering...
Cailet
We know.

Words: 99246
Joined roleplay: November 3rd, 2010, 3:23 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous