[Cicatrice's Scrapbook] Gender Flip Flop

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Cicatrice on October 3rd, 2011, 8:00 am

Well, I wish I had found this sooner. I mean, I had seen people writing in [scrapbook]'s for a while, but I never checked out what they were.

Anyway, I'm Kylulu, and I play as both Lyth and Cicatrice.

Which brings me to the title of my scrapbook. For as long as I can remember, I've played as male characters. Even when it was just me and my brother making up games in our heads, I was always always always a man. Not always the strong hero, but a man none the less.

I'm assuming from my ramblings that you've realized I am indeed female.

Cicatrice is my very first female character. And I have to admit, playing my own gender is hard! Harder than I ever thought it would be. Both genders are complex in different ways, and I find myself putting thoughts that follow a male pattern, and that's not what I want for her.

I don't want her to be helpless, like a damnsel in distress. Character types like that annoy me almost as much as those who can do everything. But there is a way to be strong, yet still be feminine, and I haven't found that point yet.

So much easier to play men -_-
Last edited by Cicatrice on October 4th, 2011, 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alternate PC

Lyth
Cicatrice
Player

Words: 24023
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2011, 12:20 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Darik on October 4th, 2011, 1:20 am

I wanted to give you a loving welcome to your scrapbook with home backed cookies but sadly it doesn’t fit with eitheir of your themes. So I hope these are a decent subsitute.

Eating chocolate chip cookies is fun but eating bloody chocolate chips are for real men…err you know what I mean. :P
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lyth on October 4th, 2011, 3:10 am

...I've realized just how bad at typing I am X3

When I'm on the computer, my spelling is horrible. I mean, it's so bad that its not even funny. I think I add too many letters to words that don't need them. And then there's the times I'm on the IPad. Auto-spellcheck saved my life~ And if it replaces something with the wrong word (Apple is famous for that), I normally catch it.

What I miss is my broken sentences. My mind is working faster than my fingers and I think I've written things when, really, I haven't. It's quite comical actually, going back and reading things and thinking "...Were did my sentence go?"

And thank you for the cookies Darik XD
Lyth
Player

Words: 35506
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2011, 6:43 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Lyth on October 5th, 2011, 4:30 am

Omg omg omg omg! Im moving tomorrow @_@

Out of province moving! My stuff is packed and ready to be shipped on a plane.So, I've gone from small town, to quiet suburbia, and now I'm on to the big city.

Vancouver, here i come~

In other news, I finally have a computer~!

For the last 6-7 months, I've been living off of my iPhone for internet, and stealing my dad's iPad whenever i couldn't take staring at a teeny tiny screen.

Huzzah for Macbook Pro!

Btw Garage band is awesome, so expect random music~
Lyth
Player

Words: 35506
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2011, 6:43 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Cicatrice on October 12th, 2011, 12:12 pm

Ok... I'm not entirely sure how graphic and such I'm allowed to be in this. But I don't think anyone really reads this, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem anyway, and i really need to talk about this..

It's not anything really..bad, but it was definitely awkward at the time!

I moved away from my parents about a week ago, and I am currently living with a friend and her family. Said friend is very touchy and clingy, which I don't mind because I love feeling loved and having so much attention thrown on me. Strange that I'm such a loner...

Getting off topic. Anyway, so this friend, Angie, had her boyfriend over. This was my second time meeting the guy, and he made a better impression than the first. So we're up in my room, basically just chilling. I'm lying on the bed reading, Angie's laying on me because apparently I make a comfy bed, and her boyfriend is sitting beside us.

And all of a sudden, they're making out. I ignore it, thinking that they'll eventually leave the room to go somewhere more private... Apparently they're really comfortable around me because they literally move over into Foreplay while they're on top of me!!

I mean...GAAH! And me being the awkward turtle that I am, couldn't say anything. I'm just lying on the bed, going red in the face and thinking "WTF?!"

And just to throw a little bit of extra awkwardness on top of it, the boyfriend starts to run his hands over me and through my hair... FFFFFF- Turtle wanted to hide in her shell... Dude, I'm not your girlfriend! Don't touch me like that! Angie's the jealous type and I don't want her mad at me.

I asked her about it after he left, and she said that she forgot I was there.

...Do I really fade away that easily? Do I, like, blend into the background or something? ._.

I mean...I know I'm boring and quiet, but I didn't think I was that much of a wallflower...
Alternate PC

Lyth
Cicatrice
Player

Words: 24023
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2011, 12:20 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Scrapbook