[Sanctuary] Breeding 101 - I have to do what?!?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Riki Stormheart on September 20th, 2011, 7:39 pm

Riki saw it as a deep show of trust that Kavala was willing to let Mizuriel and himself fill out the books and take control of the project. He knew a bit about the working of horses and their breeding. Mostly he had been there to help when the horses were giving birth. He was excited to get to learn the entire process though. To take the breeding cycle from start to finish.

Just as Kavala had instructed, Riki filled out the studbooks, with Mizuriel at his side. It was more paperwork than he had done in his life but if it was needed, he would do the work. Anything to help bring new life into the world.

On top of the feeling on trust that he received from Kavala, he knew that the woman truly needed the help. She was getting more and more heavy with child as the days went on. He admired how hard she worked even when one would do anything to relax. He felt honored to help. There was so much life that was beginning at the Sanctuary. The horses were getting ready to foal. Kavala was clearly with child. As childish as it was, it made Riki feel excited. Kihala seemed to be in the air and he got to help bring about new life. What more could he ask for?
If Riki is speaking in this color he is speaking in Pavi.
If Riki is speaking in this color he is speaking in Common.
Riki Stormheart
Not a Mongoose

Words: 68456
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2011, 6:20 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Stranger on October 26th, 2011, 11:01 am

XP Award!

Kavala:

Animal Husbandry +5
Teaching +5
Bookkeeping +3

Lore:

Equine Breeding
The Equine Anatomy
Passing on Your Skill

Mizuriel:

Animal Husbandry +2
Observation +2
Bookkeeping +1

Lore:

Doing the Dirty Work
The Equine Anatomy
Equine Breeding Skills

Riki Stormheart:

Animal Husbandry +2
Singing +2
Observation +2
Bookkeeping +1

Lore:

Horse Whisperer
Equine Anatomy
Equine Breeding

Notes:
Great job, guys. The boys were a great sport, and Kavala (as ever) was a great teacher. I now know more about horse peen and breeding than I ever imagined I would. :-D
Stranger
Candy Maker

Words: 31827
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2011, 1:48 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous