Questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Questions

Postby Gabrielle Seawind on November 1st, 2011, 4:02 pm

I am so sorry if these questions are already found in the Lore, but after much reading, they still aren't clear to me. Please go easy on me.

1.) Are we allowed to have multiple threads at a time, as long as the timestamps don't coincide?

2.) Are the basic equipment listed in the starting package already set in stone? Meaning, for example, if I wanted a bow, do I need to find another way to get it or can I already have it in my initial character sheet?

3.) Kinda trivial - I get that we need to post in the main gates of a city if we arrive, but what about when we leave for another city? I know the point of the main gates is so it's known if we're in an area, so is there a process for when we actually leave? :p

Thanks!
Gabrielle Seawind
Just Another Pirate

Words: 116325
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Questions

Postby Gossamer on November 1st, 2011, 4:14 pm

1. You can have unlimited threads so long as the timestamps don't interfer and say its possible to be where you are in the time you've allowed. No threads say in the city of Avanthal in the extreme north and threads in say the desert region in the extreme south in the same season without accounting for travel time etc.

2. You can play fast and loose with the basic EQ list. Sell stuff back and buy new stuff before you even get started. We have the PRICE LIST in the Wiki that has an ungodly number of goods listed and their values.

3. If you are already a resident in the city (Because of a backstory etc) then you don't have to post in the main gates... a little PM to the storyteller might be in order though to say hello. :)

Welcome to Mizahar! We're all doing Mizahar NaNo which means we're cramming 50K words into our pcs for the next thirty days so if you see a whole lot of writing and not a whole lot of Q&A's being answered, that's why.

Happy writing. If you want to participate, you can register for the NaNo here. There's prizes to be had!

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic14943.html

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Questions

Postby Talen Stirling on November 1st, 2011, 4:17 pm

Looks like it was all answered before I could answer the same. Have fun out there :p
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Words: 173032
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2011, 11:07 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Questions

Postby Gabrielle Seawind on November 1st, 2011, 4:28 pm

Yey, thank so much for the helpful and quick replies!

Gossamer wrote:2. You can play fast and loose with the basic EQ list. Sell stuff back and buy new stuff before you even get started. We have the PRICE LIST in the Wiki that has an ungodly number of goods listed and their values

Does that mean that if we want to buy/sell, there is no need to roleplay it out, we simply need to edit our sheets?
Gabrielle Seawind
Just Another Pirate

Words: 116325
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Questions

Postby Cowboy on November 1st, 2011, 4:29 pm

Correct.

Welcome to Mizahar! :)