I Hope This Ends Well... [Hunting Party]

Kendall, Graln, Jaiun, Silvy, and Kaiielle go hunting together in the Northern Reaches.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

Postby Kaiielle on October 28th, 2011, 8:17 am

Kaiielle's eyes flipped back from person to person -- or person to animals, rather-- as she watched them all banter on about who would be leading their little pack. Really, she had never met any of these people except Jaiun and Kendall, so she didn't know who would be best qualified for the job. Though, she preferred someone tough and strong enough to protect all that followed behind the them. The two polar bear Kelvics were looking like their best bet, and when the wolf howled in recognition to Jaiun leading, Kaii didn't object.

She mostly stayed quiet while they all discussed, but when Jaiun was done addressing the group, she had an answer to his question. She might not be of very good help to take down some of their prey, but at least she could identify what it would be. Clearing her throat to hopefully catch some attention, she spoke. "Elk are likely to be in this area right now, but we'll have to be careful with them. It's hunting season and the bucks are violent and dominant over their cows. The same with caribou. They're probably abundant around here also." She said this in the most Common she could, but let a couple Vani words slip through. She hoped everyone could get the point of what she was trying to say.
Kaiielle
you might be surprised.

Words: 25267
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2011, 5:18 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Baine Coolwater on November 1st, 2011, 7:39 pm

Baine stood quietly, his hands hanging loosely at his sides as he listened to those around him speak. He nodded his agreement of the choice of Jaiun as leader. The bear looked capable, and certainly had the appearance of someone who knew what he was about. Baine thought. Besides, he hunting, that's for sure. But, does he know of human weapons? Eyebrows puckered just a bit, he worried the inside of his bottom lip for a second. With a small sigh, He mused, It will be something we will certainly find out. He wasn't overly concerned yet though. Time enough to find out as they began.

Soon, the Kelvic began to speak, though his grimace gave Baine the idea that he took leadership grudgingly. Shifting his head to the right, Baine re-centered his stance, turning his head a bit as though angling for better hearing, and listened to how Jaiun spoke.

As he listened, he found himself nodding at the words as the dire bear spoke. Good. Good. He agreed to himself, liking both how Jaiun spoke, bluntly and to the point, as well as what he said. He put what he expected right out there on the table for all of them, and asked of them what he needed.

When he had finished speaking Baine looked around, and seeing that no one yet had ventured forward, he cleared his throat and stepped up, “My thoughts on what we would be hunting at this time of the year, caribou.” He shrugged. “There are a group of us, so herding them towards either water or a trap would be easier, particularly with Kelvic assistance.” He nodded towards the bears before smiling down at the wolf near him. “As for weapons, I have a harpoon which I can use as either a spear or harpoon, as I need.” Then running his hand up through his hair added, “Though truth be told, I have only modest experience in land hunting, and hope to gain more on this hunt.” He looked at Jaiun, though kept his eyes slightly lower, so the Kelvic would know he wasn't challenging him, and waited to see if he or anyone had any questions.
Baine Coolwater
Player

Words: 9273
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2011, 8:40 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous