Help Me, Help You! (Felakal)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Gural on April 14th, 2011, 11:10 pm

OOCWould this work? :)
Fall 13th, 508 AV

Gural couldn’t do much but watch, imprisoned within his own body; getting a free view, but having no power to change it. Corak ruled the body now, and with the way things were going, he wasn’t going to vacate the position of power. The fray was in front of the Kulkukan tavern, and it wasn’t getting any lesser. Everything had started innocently enough, with a bunch of bickering and curses involving family, and as if that wasn’t enough to fuel the two outraged men to fight; there was a human female as well that they both lusted for. Glaring eyes lead to sharp tongues, and sharp tongues led to bruised knuckles.

Corak was swinging like a maniac, pummeling the bigger Akalak into the ground. He was either too clumsy or too drunk, because it came very easy for the cerulean to knock him down. After his ‘opponent’ was spread on the ground, he stepped onto him, teasing him. No response came, as the man was almost unconscious. The instigator didn’t care if his victim couldn’t speak, not to reply to a polite conversation was of dire consequence after all. And so the pointless kicking went on, with blows landing on the back, the abdomen, and some even bruised the lower ribs. No one paid much attention to the fight as such things happened every so often, and the only thing guards would do for them was point them towards the Gideon arena and tell them to settle it once and for all. Even with all the amused and absent patrons in the inn, someone should have been able to notice where things were going; if no one stepped in soon, Corak was bound to kill the beaten man.

“Corak, you cerulest scum, why would you do something so stupid? Do you want to get us cast out of Riverfall? Do you really want to turn us into idiots who do not dare pace among their own race without fear and shame? Do you want our face to be forever marked with shame? Wysar would disown us!”

“No I don’t wish for such things, but I don’t want to be insulted either!” Corak replied in a calm, stern voice.

“Think about mother and father, about Selvaria, Shri and Lakara; do you think you would ever be able to see them again?” it was the most Gural could come up with in hopes of stopping the bastard. And for the first time it seemed like it worked, until:

“We don’t need to be close to them at all times, as long as we can protect them!” Corak replied without much thought and delivered another foot into the guy’s abdomen.
Gural
Mizuriel's Alt

Words: 34400
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2011, 10:58 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Felakal on April 16th, 2011, 9:40 am

Felakal didn't really have a reason to be near the tavern. He just felt like maybe a little ale. He had been passing by the tavern when he got the sudden craving for a little alcohol. He didn't want to get drunk, just enough to enjoy it.

As usual there was a pair of Akalaks fighting, only this time, they were outside the tavern instead of inside. But none-the-less, just another dishonorable bar fight. He watched as one of the two fighting males knocked the larger one down. He was swinging furiously, with no intent of stopping. He watched as he taunted the nearly unconscious man on the floor. The other Akalak had already won the fight but he continued to pound him. This was typical tavern fighting.

Except as he observed, he quickly realized that this was different. This man wasn't going to stop. Something, Felakal wasn't sure what, but something was off about this Akalak. Possibly a cerulean. But he realized that before anyone stepped in, there would already be a dead man on the floor.

As the standing male delivered a very powerful kick to the larger one's abdomen, he ran full force at the attacker. He wasn't going to swing, this guy was probably just drunk as well, but he had to stop before he became a killer.

Felakal planted both of his hands on the Alkalak's shoulder. Felakal was short for an Akalak, standing at 6'4 and 200 pounds. But he was taller than this man. Felakal didn't meet too many adult Akalaks his size. And he had the element of surprise as he unbalanced the standing attacker.

Either he was drunk or Felakal just surprised him, but he was able to move him out of the way, giving Felakal a change to help the man on the ground. Turning to the man on the floor, he knelt down. Putting two fingers to his throat to check for a pulse, he tapped him on the cheek after seeing he was still alive. "You OK?"

He wasn't sure what to say, honestly. There were few besides his horse and Eagle that he talked to. Sulavik being an exception. When he was forced too, he would speak with Sulavik's uncle and father. Then of course traders and librarians. But he really hated social conversation.
Felakal
"Death... is only the beginning."

Words: 45668
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2011, 7:20 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Gural on May 14th, 2011, 1:06 pm

OOCI am sorry that took more than expected.
Corak continued to stomp all over the man until he was suddenly pushed or pulled away, he couldn’t really tell. Being a bit dizzy because of alcohol in his bloodstream only worsened his balance and he couldn’t do much to stop himself from landing into a nearby wall. Akalak body crashed against the wall, as the darker brother barely managed to keep his hands onto the wall in order to stop landing onto the ground. He turned around quickly, aching all over, as he watched the newcomer help his opponent. Normally he would run forward and kick the stranger in a manner that would make him much more feminine, but with his vision blurred from the blow and his muscles still trembled it was hard to take such swift action.

Such disgrace! If he could kill both of them, Corak was more than happy to get his face marked; branded even. As he pushed himself off the wall, the Cerulean was about to kick the one that meddled in foreign affairs, but he stopped just in time. He didn’t have to get disgraced and dishonored in order to rid the supreme blue race of such weak links.

“I challenge you both! Come to the Gideon arena, bring help if you would like, but come! Tomorrow at 3 bells past dawn, you will be there! You can still choose not to come and bring dishonor to your pitiful families, as I am quite sure your fathers deny your existence already. So what will it be bastards, will you cover in fear and flee to survive or will you come there like weak but honorable men that you are?” Corak was speaking gleefully.

What are you doing?

Shush, you are ruining the fun!

When Gural was pushed out of the mind so easily, it was only then that he realized just how deep the madness ran in his brain. Corak was about to taunt them again, when the half dead man tried to push himself off the ground but failed. Still, he was able to reply in a partially broken voice: “I accept!”

“Do get yourself patched up at the healing center so you don’t make me look bad tomorrow when I tear you a new one! How about you meddlesome fool, do you accept?” after Corak got an answer to his question, he was going to leave peacefully. One way or another he would get to kill someone tomorrow, the only thing that depended on the still capable Akalak was whether he was going to sentence himself to death too.
Gural
Mizuriel's Alt

Character sheet

Postby Felakal on May 19th, 2011, 8:14 pm

Felakal was still crouching as he heard the challenge. He didn't care. There was no reason for a fight with him. Felakal knew that it didn't hurt him if a stranger thought of him as a coward. He watched as the stranger on the ground blinked his eyes open. Awake just in time to hear the challenge. Then the drunk challenging him made a mistake. Bastard?

His eyes flashed with furry. Felakal nearly lost all control as he met the Akalak face to face. "Do you accept?" He reached the man's attacker just as he finished calling them out.

"What did you just call me?!" It was all he could to not swing on the challenger. "I should kill you where you stand!" Felakal may only have a wooden lakan, but he wouldn't hesitate to plunge it into the flesh of this man. "You too afraid to fight now? Or wait let me guess, you're drunk aren't you!" Felakal could tell the attacker wasn't intoxicated, probably just buzzed. But he was trying to insult him.

"You dishonorable helioc cerulest! Talking about dishonor to our families!" Felakal just about spat in the Akalak's face as he shouted. "What about your pitiful family? They probably raised you to beat on the helpless and the drunk didn't they?! I bet your father was nothing more than a Venhrehk!" He normally didn't swear, he was taught it was rude and a disgrace on language.

"I'll show! But only because you're too cowardly to fight me now!" He turned his back to the attacker to help the man on the floor. He had begun getting up but was struggling, probably due to the alcohol.
Felakal
"Death... is only the beginning."

Words: 45668
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2011, 7:20 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Gural on May 28th, 2011, 11:59 am

OOCI am sorry that took more than expected.
Corak kept smiling as the young Akalak kept calling him names, when he spoke ill of their father however, both of them were ready to kill him where he stood.

Wait, don’t kill him yet!

Why not, you heard what he said, didn’t you?

Yes, but should you kill him now, there will be no one to see him fall. And I’m sure that’s a buzz kill!

You have a point there.

Even Gural, while helpless, was amazed that he actually managed to reason with Corak for the first time after so long. Still, they both wanted to hurt the human, not tomorrow, not in two bells.. now! They kept watching as the young idiot turned their back to them; it would have been so easy. And then there was their chance. The runt was kneeling next to an already beaten opponent, not looking at what he should have been aware of. Quickly swinging his foot, the standing Akalak was aiming between the ribs of the idiot who dared call his father names. Should the blow land, it was fair to say that Gural and Corak could leave silently before the weakling even had the chance to stand up.
Gural
Mizuriel's Alt

Character sheet