[Temple of Ionu] Your Fate and Mine [Sanngii]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Ifran on August 25th, 2011, 7:00 am

"Fate guides all our feet everywhere," he averred, chin canting down for a moment that his eyes might evaluate the lad as they retraced their steps to the outside. There would be time enough to explore the Temple of Ionu another day, but one could easily make the argument that the entire city was a temple to the deity of illusion.

Ifran walked, seemingly ready to take elegant steps wherever the Drykas led him. Perhaps Lhex did take an active role in the placement of their feet, but wiser men than Ifran had broken their brains against the aloof manner of that old god.

"That seems an odd question in the city whose patron deity gifts its chosen with the power to work seemings. No, I have no particular qualms against the use of magic, unless it be used against me." He gave a jackal-grin at that, strange and almost feral from such an ordered, calm, and disciplined face.
Ifran
House of the North Winds

Words: 172387
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2010, 10:57 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Lore Author (1)

Postby Sanngii on August 27th, 2011, 5:16 pm

Slightly unnerved, Sanngii hesitated before asking his next question.
"I would like, in order to further my studies, to read you using Auristics. Of course, I will only do this with your permission, and if you decline, I beg of you to allow me to ask you questions anyways."
He looked at his six-armed companion, trying to keep his face neutral as he hoped for the large, strange being to say yes, trying to hide his burning need to for knowledge.
Sanngii
Player

Words: 4044
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2011, 8:01 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Ifran on August 27th, 2011, 6:00 pm

He laughed then, full-throated and melodious. One got the sense that the trained singer would have to try hard not to give voice beautifully to everything he said, every sound he made. His eyes shone with amusement at the lad's audacity and he shrugged his topmost shoulders.

"You have courage," he noted. "Suppose I say yes. Would you tell me what you saw? And if I accede to your request, what do I get from you?" The question was pointed, but his face was still friendly enough. It wasn't the sort of face that asked for one's firstborn child, but he was in a strange city in a faraway land, and he could not rely upon the wealth of his family here. A stranger could not afford to give things away for free.
Ifran
House of the North Winds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Lore Author (1)

Postby Sanngii on August 28th, 2011, 8:42 pm

"Yes, I will tell you, if that is what you wish, but I must warn you, that sometimes there are things about ourselves we don't wish to see, as I'm sure you know." said Sanngii. "In answer to your second question..."

Sanngii silently contemplated for a long time. What was worth this, his chance to gain his first knowledge of this six-armed race?

Lhex, help me. he offered in silent prayer. At this point, he decided to take a risky gamble.

"In answer to your second request, any one thing in my ability to give you, be it a service, a good, or anything in between. But only one. Do you accept?"

Sanngii mentally reeled at what he had just done for a single brief moment, then, as he always did, gave it all up to Lhex.
Sanngii
Player

Words: 4044
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2011, 8:01 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Ifran on August 31st, 2011, 3:01 am

Ifran considered him with eyes that saw too much, and then suddenly somehow he had Sanngii's hand and they were shaking on it rather than walking. His cheshire grin might have been dangerous or just mischievous. It was difficult to tell in Alvadas.

"A look at my aura for an undefined favor," he agreed. Perhaps it was just that inhuman confidence and self-possession, but one might wonder if Ifran himself was not gifted with the ability to see a man's soul, to read a man's mind. As they stood there confirming their agreement, he looked down a sculpted, aristocratic nose at the young Drykas. He was only a little taller, but his physique was rather more developed. Of course, he could not ride a horse very well at all. Nobody was perfect.

But they were seeking a seat, and Sanngii's faithful feet had brought them to a place where Ifran could see benches shaded by trees. He turned the lad around, gently enough, and pointed them out. Some humans grew dizzy with so many hands to keep track of.

"Shall we sit and admire my soul?"
Ifran
House of the North Winds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Lore Author (1)

Postby Distortion on November 5th, 2011, 3:28 pm

Ifran
Awards :
Skills
Singing +1
Acting +1

Lore
Alvadas is a Temple to Ionu
Sanngii - Initial

Sanngii
Awards :
Skills

LoreBeing Guided by Fate
Ifran - Initial

Overall: It was a shame to see this thread so abruptly. If Sanngii returns, please PM me if you would like to finish this thread. If you do, I will remove this post and return with a full grade once complete.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the XP or Lore awarded.
Distortion
Player

Words: 9809
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2011, 11:06 pm
Race: Staff account

Previous