Yukman Questions (Founder input pls - Tarot pref.)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Siiri on November 8th, 2011, 12:28 pm

Just wondering what exactly Yukmen are made of, since the wiki wasn't exactly explicit about the description. I know the part about the presence of local soil embedded on their bodies, but are they flesh and blood? Do they bleed? What exactly are they made of? Landspawns are described to be birthed by the earth itself, does this mean they're akin to (pardon the DnD reference) earth elementals?
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Tarot on November 9th, 2011, 8:37 pm

Goodness, no! No elementals! :) They may sprout from the earth, but they aren't made of earth any more than a turnip is made of earth. They are flesh and blood. Siiri would find them awful if she were to eat one, muddy like very shallow fish. But still, they are mostly flesh studded with rock. If you pluck out a rock they'll bleed.
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Siiri on November 10th, 2011, 2:06 am

Thanks T!

Do they still bleed red though, or some other color?
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)