A new girl/tiger in town(OPEN)

Sheva walks the streets of Denval, lost and alone...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Sheva on October 19th, 2011, 5:01 pm

Sheva listened to him as he spoke, first what seemed like a question directed at her about how she learned to hunt. "Well I guess you could say I learnt from my parents." she said to him, this was true in essence since she inherited her form and its instincts from her parents.
Then he was speaking again, about what was usually taught at the Lyceum. "Magic" he said, the word echoed through her mind as her face went blank lost in thought. This was good, they accepted magic but at the same time it was terrible, because she would now have to admit that she had lied. "Syllke, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!" she said with an extremely apologetic tone to her voice. She hated that she had lied to him but it was necessary. He was standing now, about to wash the dishes. "Syllke I...I'm a mage, I'm so sorry but I didn't know whether they accepted magic here. I'm sorry it just seemed better to avoid the topic until I was certain it was safe. I'm so sorry." she had a sincerely apologetic voice, since she was being completely honest. He would think she was a liar, a terrible person.
She got up walking toward the fire place, grabbing her sodden clothes on the way. The pants she was wearing dropped onto the floor since they were too big and her hands were full. Barely phased she continued on to the fireplace pulling out the rack and laying her clothes on it. Luckily his large shirt covered reached down to her mid thighs.
Sheva
The White Tigress

Words: 66994
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2011, 1:33 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Syllke Skyglow on October 20th, 2011, 1:41 pm

He turned from the wash tub as she made her confession. He smiled and shrugged his shoulders. “I guessed there must be something a little magical about you.” It was hard to tell if he was teasing her or not. “But don’t worry about it. There are plenty of people here in Denval that are skilled in one form of magic or another. It might come in quite handy, actually. I assume it’s one reason you aren’t bothered being here in my room, a stranger in a strange place so trusting of someone she doesn’t know. I just hope you don't set it on fire.”

She had risen by this point and taken all of two steps before the overlarge trousers fell to the floor around her ankles. Sheva stepped blithely out of them and continued on to the hearth. “My point exactly.” He said, looking at the trousers pooled on the floor and smirking a bit. “Not much hope of keeping those on, I guess.” He moved about, gathering up the few dishes and throwing them in the water.

He watched her for a moment as she arranged her clothes on the spit. “I’m not much of a hand at it, but I can do a little ice reaving.” Syllke pulled the collar of his shirt down a bit and the top bits of the blue snowflake mark on his upper right chest just showed. “I was born with it, though. So I can’t claim much credit.” He laughed. “I could learn more, I suppose – but I’m too lazy.”

child of the path of lights

Syllke Skyglow
free spirit

Words: 301182
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2011, 7:45 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Sheva on October 20th, 2011, 9:03 pm

Sheva finished hanging her damp clothing infront of the fire and made her way toward the table where Syllke was standing. She giggled slightly at his comment about the magic, "My magic has nothing to do with why I'm so comfortable here, my...intuition tells me your a good person, and I trust it." she said with a smile on her face. She was surprised he hadn't mentioned her slightly elongated canines, or perhaps he hadn't noticed yet.
Syllke showed her his tattoo on his chest, a beautiful dark blue snowflake. "Ice Reaving? It sounds amazing! You should try and learn more." she said although it was more her opinion than anything else. She made her way back over to the bed and crawled onto it before settling on her side, the shirt riding ever-so-slightly up with her new position but still not revealing anything. "Syllke, I'm not trying to offend you or anything, but I feel like your pretending to be more sweet than you usually are. I know your a nice person and believe me I am grateful, but you don't have to pretend to be completely perfect just because you hardly know me. Relax and let loose." Her voice was playful, she knew he was forcing himself to be overly polite and it was making her feel bad. He had brought her into his home out of goodwill and now he was having to behave differently because of her.
Sheva
The White Tigress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Syllke Skyglow on October 24th, 2011, 4:37 pm

Syllke laughed outright at her suggestion that he was being anything other than his normal self. Sheva couldn’t know that though many words might describe the young artist, and not all of them pleasant ones, hypocrite would not be on that list. Syllke was far too frank sometimes – he had often enough been accused of being completely lacking in tact. He was nice when he felt like it, which was often. And he wasn’t being nice to Sheva, or trying to act perfect by any stretch of the imagination, just to please her or impress her.

She had stretched out on his bed, looking comfortable, and he had turned to go back to the washing up. But he said over his shoulder, “Trust me – this is the genuine article. Far from perfect. But no, don’t worry – I’m not putting on a show for you. This is me, pure and simple.”

As there wasn’t much to wash up, he was soon enough done, and he crossed back to the bed, and sat down beside the recumbent girl. “I’m not keeping anything from you, Sheva. What you see is what you get, basically. But I’m really intrigued, now that you’ve ‘fessed up about being a mage and all – how did you come to learn magic? And why were you leaving Zeltiva? And . . . “ He leaned a bit closer, a mischievous grin on his face. “I especially am dying to hear all about how you set that ship on fire.”

Syllke Skyglow
free spirit

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Sheva on November 6th, 2011, 5:22 pm

Sheva let out a gentle giggle as Syllke confessed to her that he was only being himself. He assured her that he was not putting on a front and that this was him, plain and simple. "Okay sorry, I believe you." she said sweetly.
Syllke moved on to express his curiosity about her knowledge of magic amongst other things. How she learned magic, why she was going to leave Zeltiva and especially how she set the boat alight. She breathed in calmly, thinking about how she would answer the questions. "Uhm, I learnt Reimancy from a kind old mage with whom I lived with in Zeltiva for quite some time. He passed away in his sleep not long ago and I felt there was nothing left for me in Zeltiva and thats why I decided to leave...And I set the ship alight with a minor firebolt to the sails." she finished with happily, satisfied with the answers she had given.
Sheva let out another gentle yawn realising how heavy her eyelids felt. She was exhausted which was no surprise considering the day she had had. She had escaped her captors, set the ship alight, met and befriended a stranger and gotten to know him. With one last gentle yawn she drifted slowly off into sleep, a soft subtle purr coming from within.
Sheva
The White Tigress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Syllke Skyglow on November 8th, 2011, 4:34 pm

Sheva’s explanations were certainly succinct. She was obviously a young woman who didn’t care to wax poetic about such incredible happenings as setting off firebolts and the ensuing conflagration of an entire ship. But, after she told her sparse tale, her eyes closed sleepily. She yawned and settled onto the bed comfortably. Syllke watched her for a long moment, but she was soon in the arms of sleep.

Rising, he smiled to himself, happy to leave her to her nap as he himself left to go in search of mail – and whatever else he could learn about this mysterious flaming vessel. Surely someone else in Denval would have heard about this by now – and perhaps Captain Astrid should be told, he thought, as he left Sheva curled up on his bed.

LE FIN

Syllke Skyglow
free spirit

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Legion on November 11th, 2011, 6:32 pm

Thread Award

Sheva: Rhetoric +4

Syllke: Rhetoric +3, Cooking +2

Comments
This was a lovely little social thread. I enjoyed the read. Sorry there wasn't opportunity for more awards. If you have any requests or concerns, feel free to PM me.
Legion

Denval Forum | Denval News | Denval Lore
Lhavit Forum | Lhavit News | Lhavit Lore

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Legion
Boom, backflip.

Words: 114213
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2011, 6:23 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous