A Magical Performance

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

A Magical Performance

Postby Calvin Freeman on November 13th, 2011, 8:56 pm

56, fall 511

Calvin, dressed in his old clothes from the carnival, enters Lhavit he looks around taking in the beautiful mountain city. "Ahhh, Finally" he exclaims to himself. He then gazes down to the books and scrolls in his hand "Dam, oh well better get started. Calvin makes his way around the people. He stands high on a box. "Attention ladies and gentlemen my name is Mr. Freeman I am an alchemist from far east and i wish to entertain you and show you the skill of alchemy if you are willing to watch and clear an area." The crowd clears an area intrigued by Calvin's words, but they keep their distance do to his smell. He steps down as the crowd moves around him still maintaing the area around him. "I will now draw the essential Doorway." He then kneels to the ground set down his pack slung over his back and pulls out a piece of chalk and two key stones. He takes the chalk in his hand and begins to draw his circular door way. The crowd watches in anticipation as Calvin starts at his knees and draws a small circle with two small circles direct opposites each other on the circle. He then puts the chalk back in the bag and pulls out a jug of water. He places the lode stones half way between each circle and still opposite each other. Now pouring the water into the circles he speaks to the crowd once again, "I will now demonstrate a test run of my doorway." He Proceeds to place his hands on the edge of the circle palms down. "Now it begins," Calvin explains as a look of great concentration overcomes him. For many moments nothing happens, but then The circle lights up with a flash of blue light. As the light travels around the circle to the clockwise it passes through the water closest to Calvin, as it hits the water, a blue flash appears and the water evaporates. Then it proceeds to the next circle of water. With another flash of light nothing happens. Then as the light reaches its origin the entire circle flashes with a blinding light. As the crowd re centers there focus on the center of the circle they see that water now stains the middle of the circle. The crowd was less than impressed until Calvin stands. "Ladies and gentleman this was measly a test. I will now move on to my main event turning water into wine."

Calvin Kneels down back to his pack and pours out all of its contents (grapes and sugar). This process will take two transmutations, first i will combine sugar and water to form an alcohol." He explains as putting the sugar into the circle closes to him and pours some water in the farther one. While he places the empty glass jug in the center, the crowd is almost loud with anticipation but remains silent to allow Calvin to do his work. Once again Calvin places his hands on the edge of the circle. Another flash of blue light appears on the edge but this one travels faster then the last. The light swings around the circle making both objects dissipate into their own blue glow. The light once again hits the origin and the whole circle flashes a blinding blue. As the audience returns their shocked eyes to the center they see the in the center of the circle a jug full of a clear liquid. "The second transmutation will turn grapes in to liquid and wine," He says as moving the alcohol to the farther circle and putting the grapes into the closest circle. For the last time Calvin places his palms on the edge of the circle when instantly the circle flashes going the fastest the audience has seen. The circle once again flashes this time with such power that Calvin is knocked back. As the light slowly fades the audience, and Calvin frankly, is surprised too see the jug filled with the purple-red color of wine. Calvin stands dust himself off, not that you could tell he was dusty to begin with, and walks to the center of the circle. He drinks the liquid in the jug. "Ladies and gentleman," Calvin says with a smile on his face, "I present to you wine, Does any one doubt me?"
Last edited by Calvin Freeman on November 26th, 2011, 11:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Calvin Freeman
Preforming Alchemist

Words: 36659
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2011, 1:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Journal

A Magical Performance

Postby Calvin Freeman on November 16th, 2011, 6:56 pm

A man steps forward from the crowd. "I will try this so called vino. I am the owner of a vineyard in the valley and i can assure i can tell the difference between wine and a silly slide of hand." The man approaches Calvin, but once again kept his difference because of the stench. The man takes the pitcher of red liquid from Calvin's hand as a smile arises on Calvin's face. With his eyes still locked on Calvin the man takes a drink. He moves the wine around in his mouth making sure it reaches every corner and then his eyes open wide. "Vino!" he shouts, "Vino Vino." Calvin's smile grows bigger than it has been in a long time.

"Go ahead pass it around share this vino," Calvin commands.

As the pitcher is passed around, many people take drinks and lower the pitcher with grand expressions. Calvin once again steps up on the fountain "I am now done with my performance," he proclaims. If you would like me to continue please put your money in my nap sack and i will continue my performances periodicity but first i would like some food, drink and a shower, ha ha." Calvin steps down from the steps. The people were pawing over the wine that Calvin had made. As their desire of wine grew they through a few kinas in to the pot Calvin had set out labeled "tips". Calvin was approaching the group when, a flash of bright light came to the center. Calvin knew this flash very well and decided now would be the best time to run out of here. He grabbed what he could from the pot and his "carry all" sack and ran down the streets of Lahvit. Calvin never ran without purpose he knew exactly where he was headed he made a left and a right then another left. He ran through the market disturbing all the shoppers and priests. "Stop there" the police shouted after him as he ran around the corner. They had almost caught him when there was a flash of light blinding the officers. As they turned the corner where the light came from they saw nothing but a strange symbol infront of them.

"where he go?" Calvin heard from the other side of the wall. Calvin sat down his back to wall, he sighed with relief and look in his palms to see one kina "Dam" he thought to him self as he walked over to the center of his room. Calvin placed his kina on the bed side table as he sat in the cold leather chair. The room was dark and musky he could barley find his way around seeing how this was only his second time here he reached to his left and pawed for a lamp . When he found one he turned it on and lit the small bed/bathroom shack with light. Calvin sat in south east corner of the shack. A bed covered in hide blankets sat in the opposite of him. The bed looked unconformable to be in and didn't provide much warmth. Across form the bed on the South wall was a simple green stained tub. Calvin rose from his leather chair and moved to the tub to fill it with water. Calvin derobed and through his clothes on to the chair. The chair was the nicest thing in the room. It had end tables on both sides of it, one with a oil lamp another held a purse with a few scattered Kinas around it. The only other noticeable thing in the room was the alchemy circle on the south wall. As Calvin got up form the bath he, went to his bed and layed down, a day is done.
Calvin Freeman
Preforming Alchemist

Words: 36659
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2011, 1:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Journal