[Siku's Shrine] Lash of the Whip (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Re: [Siku's Shrine] Lash of the Whip (Open)

Postby Lirilazula on March 9th, 2010, 7:47 pm

"A little ssspy?"

As Phydeana slithered further into the light, Lazula considered. She knew this one, of course. Masiraphydeana, it was. Harmless, and curious enough to eat up every bit of instruction she could recall ever having given her.

The inclinations of Lazula's students were significant to her, as she considered training of their minds a large part of her vocation. It often meant, though, that the troublesome students consumed most of her attention and the studious ones went unnoticed. Quiet, attentive. As they should be. So it was no surprise that Lazula had not recognized her instantly. She had been one of the better ones.

Lazula tilted her head from side to side. It wasn't anger that narrowed her eyes. She often found that, despite a person's age or standing, she wanted to crawl inside their minds. Wanted to know what made them tick, whether they infuriated her or fascinated her. And this was no exception.

"No, Masiraphydeana." She took a step closer. "I don't want you out of my way. I want you to explain yourself."

Much to her dismay, Phydeana continued to coil away, creeping tighter around something she seemed to be protecting. Lazula sighed, rolled her eyes, and snatched the cup from the girl's tail.

"I've already seen what you've done." A slender hand held the cup before her, and a careful eye examined it for damage. Satisfied, she eyed Phydeana once more. Punishment could come later. For now, she didn't want to scare her away. "Now. Answer me. Why are you here, what are you looking for, and why are you hiding?"
Save your poison for a lover
who is on your side.
Lirilazula
No backward glances.

Words: 13483
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2010, 6:49 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Re: [Siku's Shrine] Lash of the Whip (Open)

Postby Masiraphydeana on March 28th, 2010, 3:19 pm

Phydeana's heart was pounding in her chest. She felt busted, and her mind was working overtime to come up with an explanation that would satisfy Lazula. What if she would get mad when she found out the truth? Phydeana very well knew that the priestess before her had the power to make or break her aspirations of becoming a priestess herself. She was certain she had screwed up this time, eavesdropping on the wrong conversation.

I wanted to sssee if I could maybe help out with the preparationsss for tonight'sss ritual she started. I know the ssshrine isssn't open for usss ssstudentsss in the hoursss before sssuch an event. But...

The strict look Lazula gave her, made her shiver. She seemed to look right through her ,into her soul, and she probably knew Phydeana still wasn't telling the whole truth. Phydeana realized that lying would only make Lazula more angry. The priestesses were very strict when it came to deceit. It was fine to deceive strangers when the situation asked for it, but within the nest the pupils were supposed to be honest.

.. but I sssnuck in. I was hoping to learn about what you have to do to prepare. I really want to perform ritualsss for Sssiku sssomeday myssself. And then I sssaw you and Sssthargon, and... he ssscares me Missss. So I hid. I'm ssso sssorry. I couldn't help myssself.

Phydeana stopped, staring at the tile floor of the Shrine, waiting for Lazula's fury to come over her. She felt like a failure. Her fellow students would have yet another reason to make fun of her in school tomorrow. If only she had stayed in her hiding place.
Masiraphydeana
Player

Words: 5319
Joined roleplay: February 20th, 2010, 9:47 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Previous