Will I finally get to write!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Elias on January 6th, 2012, 4:26 am

Hello Mizahar! I am here to ask for your sound advice on this peculiar state of mind I am currently enshrouded in. I cannot start to write even less start a thread! I feel like my PC won't be fun playing and I have already edited my PC 56 times total (57th opened in another tab), changing his background, his skillset, his personality,his physique and his starting location times again without that feeling of satisfaction that would start the beginning of this adventure. Any suggestions?
Elias
Heroic in his own unique style

Words: 10514
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2011, 6:36 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Colin Oliver on January 6th, 2012, 5:40 am

The best advice I can give you is to just start!

Join an open thread, or create one; don't overthink it and just do it. If you have trouble doing that, think of a simple plot. Perhaps meeting an acquaintance or travelling, anything really. Briefly summarize that plot and briefly write out what kind of person you'd like to RP with and post it here. Someone will be sure to respond eventually.

You can't start off perfect. There's no point in editing over and over, since things are bound to change. That's why there's an entire skill leveling system! Mold your character by making him experience the world.

Other than that, can you be more specific about why you feel that using your PC won't be fun?
Colin Oliver

Words: 17949
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2011, 7:51 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Elias on January 6th, 2012, 5:49 am

You can't start off perfect. There's no point in editing over and over, since things are bound to change.

I guess this whole sentence is pretty convincing. Truth is, I had made a PC back in April I believe and just walked away, my PC having lost all interest to my eyes. I think it's fear that I'll lose interest again and repeat the scenario. (Actually by writing it out I have a much clearer idea of the issue).

Thanks for the insight!
Elias

Character sheet

Postby Hadrian on January 6th, 2012, 6:29 am

I'm not sure I have any insight, but I would totally thread with Elias if you decided to make another go of playing him!
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Elias on January 6th, 2012, 4:40 pm

We can arrange that. I'll send you a pm right away. That ought to motivate me. :)

I have a better view on the matter this morning. No point in overthinking things for hours.

Thank you both for your hum, support?
Elias

Character sheet