A First Time For Everything [Seven Xu]

Seven Xu meets his first Kelvic, a red panda named Palla

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Palla on November 16th, 2011, 3:45 pm

Palla was wrought with an inexplicable feeling of joy at being with Seven. She found herself twittering quietly to herself, observing his every move, taking in his every word thoughtfully. As he asked what else she could learn, and asked about letters and numbers, she tilted her head sideways. Her little eyes squinched as she tried to make sense of what he was asking her.

”I don’t know what letters and numbers is. But it’s okay.” She smiled, flashing rows of petite white teeth. ”I think that I could learn anything if I tried really hard. I mean… So far I learned tea. That’s good, right? It means I can actually learn things. I’ll try anything.” She beamed at him, and the warm tingly feeling in her toes rose up to the pit of her stomach, settling it.

She watched his finger press into the surface of the table, and underneath, she mimicked the motion. As he grinned from across the table, she felt the feeling in the pit of her stomach spread like wildfire up through the rest of her body. It overtook her limbs, it made her head swim. Her chest swelled proudly, and she wanted to sit and stare and listen and talk. Seven was her first real two-legged. Well, others were real too, she was certain. But Seven, he was proving different. Any doubt she had ever had, any sort of scorn she had ever withheld against the two-legged pods and their cities, it dissolved. It dissolved as if anything she had ever not liked about them had disappeared. He instilled a sense of courage in her, and it made her eager to learn more, and see more two-leggeds. She wanted to talk with them, learn from them, share things with them. It gave her hope.

Palla gripped her knees tightly, trying not to leap through the roof and shout with joy. She felt as if every moment up until now, she had known nothing. She had been empty and void of anything useless. And now, here, with Seven, she could see. For the first time in her life, everything around her shone bright with purpose and history. She wanted to touch things. She wanted to touch them and know things about them. She wanted to make things and eat things and drink things. She wanted to learn the letters, the numbers, the society-thing. Everything she could, and then some, it was no longer above and beyond her.

Well, it was. But it wasn’t!

And yet, how could she explain this feeling to him? How could she tell him how she felt? Would he understand? Of course he would! He taught her tea, there was no way he couldn’t understand how she felt! It was an emotion unlike any other she had ever felt, and it overwhelmed every aspect of her senses and thoughts. She just wanted to reach out and touch his hand, but she didn’t.

I can help you.

Palla smiled wide, and sputtered out, ”Yes! I do! I-I want to, I want to try.” And it was the truth. She did want to try, and she wanted to share her feelings with him. The overwhelming sense that had overcome her made her glow. She wanted to explain it to him. She wanted to tell him exactly what it felt like, and yet she didn’t. It seemed best to just wait, and tell him another time. She would wait and see how long it lasted, if at all. And if it did, she would find him. She would find this place again, and tell him everything.

Palla only hoped that when that time presented itself, that he would understand.
Palla
But I can learn.

Words: 38834
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2011, 2:37 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Mirage on January 13th, 2012, 6:46 pm

The Truth Within the Reality

Palla :
XP Awarded
  • Observation: 2
  • Climbing: 2
  • Philosophy: 2
  • Rhetoric: 3

Lores Awarded
  • Learning Tea
  • New Feelings Awakening
  • Two Legs (Basic)

Seven :
XP Awarded
  • Shielding: 1
    Socializing: 1
    Climbing: 1
    Teaching: 2
    Rhetoric: 1
    Philosophy: 2

Lores Awarded
  • The Apple is Mightier than the Shield
  • Harsh Yet Kind
  • Simplicity can Shatter the Walls of Convention
  • Kelvics (Basic)

The Truth Hidden by a Mirage :
Very interesting thread guys! Loved the adorable little panda who is surprisingly more scholarly than I would have expected. Be careful not to forget that Palla is still an animal, and as such she wont have a huge amount of reasoning abilities. It was played off very well though, and I personally loved it :D. PM me with any questions.
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Previous