Sholtan

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Sholtan

Postby Sholtan on August 16th, 2009, 8:46 am

Sholtan
The Assassin freak show

Physical Information

Race: Human
Birthday & Age : 23, born the 4th day of winter
Born In a farm near Zeltiva, now has a house in Sunberth

Physical Description:
Sholtan isn't the kind of guy that you would cross everyday. Blue eyes, stripped of emotion, looking at you has if you weren't more than a meat bag. Pale skin, that would remind you of a corpse. Long black hair, descending to his lower back like a trail of darkness. And the piercings... piercings everywhere on his face (even has a chain attached from his lower lip, to his ear).
Sholtan is pretty much the creepy type. Kind of looking like a psychotic vampire. His body his tall, but poorly muscled, you can almost see his ribs when he takes his shirt off.
His hands are delicate, and give him a theatrical side when he moves them while talking. His voice his soft and calm.
He often wears average clothes. A dark shirt, with gray pants, a long black coat and long boots. He is not interested in getting even more attention with the look he has...

Character Concept:
Sholtan is a quiet person. He is not the kind to approach others and speak freely with them, he prefers his solitude. He is a very observant young man, always looking everywhere and studying what goes on around him. He his very sharp minded, always making plans in his head, always calculating his next move. He barely smiles, he never really shows any emotion, saying that emotions always get in the way. yet being an itellectual has it's flaws..

He his not very competent with weapons. Actually, he is only capable of wielding daggers, but he prefers relying on his magic, but that makes him quite vunerable at close range. And it sure doesn't help with the fact that being a solitary, also means not having anyone to back you up.

Yet, being alone all the time made Sholtan pretty... unstable... he has developped another... being inside him. Sometimes his two personalities talk to heach other to pass time and it just makes him feel less alone and understood by someone like him. The two personalities are pretty much the same, but one of them is rather more... sadistic, and tends to try and take control in violent situations. So Sholtan struggles to keep control of his body, but sometimes... it's just too strong and he gives in. The side effects are pretty much big headaches. They can be brutal enough to even knock out the boy. But he tends to control his little friend from the inside pretty well.

Character History:
My name is Sholtan. I was born on a farm not too far from Zeltiva, raised by my mother and father, the most caring people i ever knew... the only I ever knew...

My childhood was simple. The farm was the perfect playground for me. Lots of space, animals, there was even a little river for me to swim into! My father was some kind of magician. He was able to control elements as he wished. He called this power Reimancy. My mother, for her part, was very good at making medicine with some of the plants that would grow on our farm. I learned everything she knew, and even though i knew it would be usefull one day, the only thing that really interested me, was dad's powers. But each time i asked him to show me how to control fire, or water or even earth like him, he always told me that i would be able to do it, when i would be old enough.

So I waited... until i reached 13...

That night, my father approached me and told me it was time to learn his art. I jumped of my chair and started dancing around in the house. I didn't see how he looked at me with sorry eyes at that moment. We descended into the basement, he locked the door behind us. Saying that nobody should enter while the ritual was in progress, for he needed extreme caution. He also said that he didn't whant mom to see this. I asked him why, and he only answered that I would know soon enough. And he was right. That night, was the most painfull night of my life. I cried until no more tears could come out of my eyes as my father slashed open my skin with his hunting knife. Then, there was the gas. I screamed at the top of my lungs as it entered through my wounds, nose and mouth, then i just forgot what happened. I kept my eyes closed the rest of the time and was crying so much that I couldn't concentrated on what happened to me next. But, maybe it was for the best. The only thing I know, is that it was worth it. After several days of sleep and being taken care of by my mother, i was able to start using reinmancy. At first it was nothing. My father taught my step by step. I was only able to create a tiny flame for a long time. But with alot of training (months), i was able to put on a fire! And so i continued living on the farm, helping my dad with the animals and my mom with her plants, while studying reimancy every night. I was really dedicated to it. After a few years, i was able to master the element of fire with great skill. But the other elements had to wait a little more, dad told me. He wanted me to be perfect with before teaching me more. But this life... it was all too perfect.

One night, a group of bandits came. They where probably after our animals for some food. My father overheard them approaching the farm and woke me up. He brought his hunting knife with him and shouted at them the get off his farm. The band of thungs just looked at us both at started laughing. My father threw a fireball at the, but intentionnaly missed, just to scare them. It only pissed them off. They took out their swords and axes and jumped at us. We where able to take some of them out with Reimancy, but when they got too close it was too hard to use it and defend ourselves at the same time. Dad fell with a wound at his neck. I heard his last breath as he colapsed onto the ground. My mom came out screaming and crying. The bandits looked at her with evil smyles and just forgot about me. I had suffered too many injuries, i was powerless. I fell on my knees as they violated her in front of me and then slaughtered her like barbarians. They, then, threw torches at the farm, burning it to the ground. And as I watched, i could hear a wisper: "they killed them and now their burning your home?! Are you going to take that?! They took everything from you and you're just going to stay here crying?!" That voice... it wasn't mine.. well it sounded like mine... but darker... And as the wisper carried on, i was taken by my emotions and got back on my feet. I looked at the bandits one last time and before they could even try and stop me, I trapped them into a fire storm that I had created from the flames bruning the farm. I listened to their screams with a smyle on my face. And then I could hear the voice again: "Yes! Yes! Let them burn! Isn't it good?!" and the voice was right... it felt good. I was then struck by a headhache so strong that i fainted right in the middle of this massacre.

I Buried my parents and I left the farm... forever. I wandered with no purpose. Just being part of a world that had nothing for me... And has time past, the wispers came back. At the beginning it was only here and then. But after a while, it was like a part of me. I could feel another being inside me groing has i gave him more space into my life. Until we became two beings... There was me and there was the other Sholtan. He was pretty much a dark version of me. Like a creature created trough my own suffering. And has he took more and more space inside me. I became darker too. I was now all skinny, because I barely took the time to eat. My skin was white as snow. My eyes started turning to red and i had stop cutting my hair. I also started piercing myself. First it was my ears. Then my lip and I started to feel like it was something good for me. The physical pain... it made me forget about my emotionnal pain. And so i continued.

After a while, just stealing and eating garbage wasn't too much of a living for me. So i went into the mercenary Buiseness. With my ability to control fire, I made myself a good reputation pretty fast. I started getting some pretty paying jobs and my looks just helped me even more with my rep'. I was know has one of the craziest mercenaries out there. Sure, doesn't look good at first. But think about it. Crazy mercenaries are just perfect for crazy jobs... And so now I wander the world doing contracts for my clients and Looking like some king of freak show. But i don't mind. If people don't understand me and think i'm a freak, I know, at least, that my little friend from inside understands me...

Training (Skills, Arcana, Gnosis, Lore)
- Reimancy (known element:fire) (10)
- intelligence (10)
- dual wield (daggers) (10)
- writing (10)
- medicine (5)
- herbalism (5)

Equipment and Possessions
- Clothing: dark shirt, gray pants and long leather boots, long black coat
- Dad's hunting knife
- Small iron dagger
- 1 Waterskin
- 1 Backpack with 1 Set of Toiletries, Food for a week and 1 eating knife

Ledger
- 100 gold Mizas

Thread List
20th of Summer, 509 AV: post1652.html#p1652
Last edited by Sholtan on September 9th, 2009, 4:40 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Sholtan
They say two is better than one...

Words: 3660
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2009, 7:15 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Re: Sholtan (not over yet)

Postby Sholtan on August 20th, 2009, 9:02 am

Ok, so i'm finally finished :)

let me know it there's anything wrong
Sholtan
They say two is better than one...