[Gnosis] Morwen's Kiss

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

[Gnosis] Morwen's Kiss

Postby Talhar on April 11th, 2010, 12:27 pm

People around the world hate and despise me for my bringing of cold, ice and snow. But I do not care, for there is one place where the people are joyous to see me, love me and praise me. Yes, Avanthalian people are my children and I shall love them for eternity.

Queen Morwen, Goddess Of Winter, is said to be an icecold hearted Goddess who brings nothing but despair, but that is false for she is a loving, protective and even fragile Goddess who wants nothing but the best for her people. She is hated by many people over all the continets, but not in the city of Avanthal. Her city, her children's city. It is from there that she elects the chosen few to be her followers. Her followers are blessed with her loving mark, and her adversaries are cursed with her icy touch.

Her blissfull marks are the most beautyful crystalline snowflakes ever seen. The first mark appears as a half snowflake on the palm of the right hand, the second mark is a completion of the snowflake on the palm of the right hand, the same routine is followed with the third and fourth mark but on the back of the right hand. This signifies that you have truly become Queen Morwen's right hand!
The cursed marks of Queen Morwen are given to those who have betrayed her and her children in the foulest of ways. For she is a loving and caring Mother for her children and as such is a divine fury against those who hurt them. The cursed marks are portrayed as the simplest and blackest snowflakes ever to be seen by mankind, to show the world that over this person's shoulders lingers the icecold hand of death.

When a person has been embraced by Queen Morwen's love and has been granted her blessed mark , he receives a vision of Queen Morwen in which she orders the person to come to the Ice Palace in Avanthal to learn more about the powers and responsabilities bestowed upon him or her. Cursed ones receive nothing, they learn about their suicidal powers by themselves fast enough. Blessed children of the Goddess Of Winter are granted powers such as breathing under water, manipulating the temperature of water, even moisture in the air, to create snow, ice, fog or even blizzards. They eventually even learn to drop people's body temperatures to a mortally low degree by a mere touch.

Mark Progression

Marked [Cursed] - 1 Gnosis Mark
People marked with 1 Gnosis Mark by Queen Morwen receive the ability to breathe under water and are able to resist even the most arctic cold by changing their body temperature.

The unfortunate souls who are marked with 1 Gnosis Mark are cursed with shivering and feeling icecold for the rest of their lives. While the state of their bodies do not deteriorate at a faster pace because of it, it is most certainly a cruel existance to live, to never feel the warmth of the sun again.

Favored [Despised] - 2 Gnosis Marks

A Favored one receives 2 Gnosis Marks and receives the ability to transform water into ice as hard as the finest steel. It can be used to create very strong weaponry, projectiles, materials, ... As long as the ice doesn't break by force it lasts for years.

A Despised person has lost the ability to drink and will remain thirsty and dehydrated for the remainder of their life. Once again this cursed effect does not permit them to die early but are forced to live on thirsting for anything to drink and to regain their strength and spirit for they will feel faint and feeble 'till the day they die.

Priest/Priestess [Adversary] - 3 Gnosis Marks

A Priest or Priestess has practicly become Queen Morwen's right hand and most favored child and as such has been granted a very powerful ability, the ability to control the weather. A Priest/Priestess is able to create rain,snow,ice,hail,fog and even blizzards. The state of the weather does not matter for there is always moisture in the air and they can manipulate it at will. Although they can not aim hail or ice directly at their foe they can however create icycles large enough to kill a person or let it rain hail the size of small boulders.

An Adversary has been cursed by 3 Gnosis Marks and has been cursed with the loss of sight. The Adversary can no longer see more than a few feet in front of him for he has been hypnotized by a vision of Queen Morwen and is doomed to live in an eternal blizzard. He will not feel a wind or feel the snow cut into his flesh but everything further than 2 feet away from him will be completely white.

Champion [Nemesis] - 4 Gnosis Marks

The Champion is the official right hand of Queen Morwen, Goddess Of Winter, and Her most favored child in Mizahar. He or she is bestowed the greatest of abilities upon, the ability to take a person's life with a single touch. A Champion can use a touch, such as a kiss or a handshake, to instantly freeze a person solid from the inside out. Making it a painless but most effective death. This ability is not active all the time and can be used at will. The touch however must be longer than 2 seconds and must be used with the bare body. So if you want to use the abilities, don't be wearing a mask or gloves at the time.

By being a Champion you have proven yourself to be the most respectable and most worthy child of Queen Morwen. By that fact you have been given a God's send, Queen Morwen's love and gifts. But it is not a one-sided relationship, you have been also given the most greatest of responsabilities and if you fail to uphold them, you will face the consequences.

A Nemesis can no longer feel heat, drink, see clearly or touch anyone. Not with clothes, items or any part of his body. Only the soil which he steps on will remain unfrozen. Since he can no longer rest against a wall, accept or give anything, touch anything, ... Usually the Nemesis is killed on sight by nearly everyone in Mizahar for everyone knows that that is the curse given by Queen Morwen to only the foulest of people and since the Nemesis is severely impaired mentally and physically he doesn't have high odds of surviving.

Let me know what I can do to improve this, or if it's not necesarry for another Gnosis.
Talhar
Player

Words: 50746
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2010, 1:29 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

[Gnosis] Morwen's Kiss

Postby Cayenne on April 11th, 2010, 2:19 pm

Hi Talhar,

Thanks for your efforts, but I think Gossamer has the majority of Morwen's Gnosis already written. :)
Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

[Gnosis] Morwen's Kiss

Postby Talhar on April 11th, 2010, 3:02 pm

Aah oky :) Should have done my research before doing this. :P
Talhar
Player

Character sheet

[Gnosis] Morwen's Kiss

Postby Gossamer on April 11th, 2010, 4:43 pm

Talhar -

I can't believe you did all this work! It's a great effort and it looks good. Oddly enough it follows my line of thinking a little in the fact that Morwen's followers have immunity to cold (of course!) and ice manipulation/sculpture. There is no weather control. Basically, the Founders are reserving the right to write Gnosis Abilities. I don't know if you have noticed before, but several people have posted up Gnosis suggestions for writeups but they are routinely but politely told 'It's already in progress but thanks!'. The best bet is before you start a skill writeup or any sort of writeup - Ask! The best way to ask is either start a discussion thread (asking if there's an interest or what people want to see) or ask a founder directly. If you want to do a God/Goddess Gnosis, look at their wiki page and see who actually originally posted most of the material on that goddess via the 'history' button in the wiki - and that will most likely give you the founder who created the god/goddess.... and the person you need to ask first!

I'm so sorry you did all this work for nothing, but I am reserving the right to post gnosis' up for the gods/goddesses I have created. They come slowly, but if there's interest and desire to have them come faster, prodding me often works to get them put in quickly.

Regards,

Gossamer
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

[Gnosis] Morwen's Kiss

Postby Talhar on April 11th, 2010, 5:17 pm

No worries mate :) was my pleasure to do this, even if it's not used I had fun making it nonetheless.

And I indeed had to research more and notice that other people's Gnosis-threads were always answered in the same manner.

And there's no rush in creating a Morwen's Gnosis, I just felt like giving it a try for no reason other than to keep myself busy with something fun. :)
Talhar
Player

Character sheet

[Gnosis] Morwen's Kiss

Postby Gossamer on April 11th, 2010, 5:19 pm

There are all sorts of skills that need development if there's something on the list that excites you. You can see by the rash of 'approved' threads what we are looking for in an article - attention to detail, tools, etc - and your more than welcome to start a discussion thread or work on one of those. I can tell by your writing that you'd have no problems in this area.

Regards,

Gossamer
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

[Gnosis] Morwen's Kiss

Postby Talhar on April 11th, 2010, 5:23 pm

Thanks for the compliment and I'm more than happy to do some writeups about skills. I'll look around a bit to find the ones that interest me the most and start with those. :)
Talhar
Player

Character sheet