[The Kendoka Sasaran]A Defensive Stance (Solo)

Training with the Battle Axe.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[The Kendoka Sasaran]A Defensive Stance (Solo)

Postby Levakys on February 24th, 2012, 3:28 pm

1st Day of Spring, 512 A.V.

With his battle axe he'd been given from his father, Levakys set out for the training hall to practice on his defenses. Everything he'd learned to this point had been offensive strikes, slashes, and moves. He knew a day would come when he would desire to learn dual wield with the axe and his Lakan. Though he was not ready yet, he knew that good weapon skills required a mix of offensive strikes and defensive blocks. He wanted to know it all.

Upon entering the Kendoka Sarasan, Levakys sought one of the instructors. "Excuse me Brother, I am here to get further training in this battle axe. Would there be a suitable instructor and time that I might begin this training?"

The instructor looked Levakys up and down to assess the Akalak. He could see the size and muscle definition of Levakys. The axe looked comfortable in his hand which should a competent level of training thus far. He did not seem cocky or arrogant which said his level of training was still low enough that he did not act like he 'knew it all'. The instructor began shaking his head.

"I will have Maddryn train you. He is busy today so come back tomorrow after your breakfast. You will begin then." Then he turned to continue his observation over the pupils currently in training. Levakys nodded and left.

The next morning Levakys made his way to the Sasaran once again to begin his training. When he entered, The instructor he had spoken with yesterday immediately pointed to another Akalak over in the corner of the room. Levakys nodded and made his way over.

"Good morning Instructor Maddryn, I am here for axe training," Levakys said.

Maddryn nodded, "What is it you'd like to learn?"

"I have a good, basic grasp of the offensive maneuvers of the axe, but i need to get a grasp on the basic defensive techniques," he replied.

Again Maddryn nodded, "The let up begin."

The Domains of Wysar:

Integrity is a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations, and outcomes. It is regarded as the honesty and truthfulness or accuracy of one's actions.
Conviction is an unshakable belief in something without need for proof or evidence.
Discipline can be defined as the ability to motivate oneself in spite of a negative emotional state. Qualities associated with self-discipline include willpower, hard work, and persistence.
Levakys
Priest in Training

Words: 12449
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2012, 8:15 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet