[Harper's Journal] Notebook Notes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

[Harper's Journal] Notebook Notes

Postby Harper on March 11th, 2012, 3:03 am

NOTEBOOK
29th of Fall 511, Nighttime

Went for a walk through this unfamiliar city today and met the most interesting of Akalaks. I had never met one before today, so I was automatically interested in him. He was a squire for the knights, which made things even more interesting since the Akalak were known for their more violent-dark side.

Encountered him in some dinky little shop for dinky little trinkets. I was looking for a particular book on Glyphing but couldn't find a copy. I saw him wandering the shelves, towering over most of them, and decided to approach him. Why do I do that? I always seem to put myself in situations that are--or could be--dangerous. I have done it for as long as I can remember. I know it's not logical, I know it doesn't make sense, but dammit I always do it! When will I learn?

After a brief conversation with him, he asked me the most interesting thing: to spar with him. He wanted to test himself and his strength against my magicks. Well, of course I obliged, being the idiot I am. We walked out to a disgusting wooded area outside of the city walls and sparred there. I thought I could take him. I thought I was stronger than any mere man, only relying on pure brawn. Who could best an experienced mage like myself?

Him, apparently.

After a while of toying with him, he lost control. His dark side, who called itself Xuphim, came out and decided to play. He was stronger than Xalet, so it seemed, and a lot more brutal. I thought he was going to kill me. I had no strength left and I almost fainted from overgiving. Thank the gods that Xalet regained control of his body, or I would have died there, I'm sure of it.

Afterwards, we awkwardly talked a little; he, somehow, got me interested in the Knights. His life, his goals...they all sounded so glorious to me. Xalet has a purpose. What is my purpose? What do I stand for? Nothing. But I want to stand for something.

So I've decided: I'll be signing up for the Knights soon.

Petch, I must be losing my mind.
"Rather die hard than die hallow."
Harper
Player

Words: 65499
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2011, 11:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal