Zorry's Odds and Ends

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Zorry's Odds and Ends

Postby Zorayda on March 20th, 2012, 5:29 am

[[Ideas and notes to myself will appear here. :D]]

Code: Select all
[framepic=http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn81/zorayda-chan/ist2_7082604-textured-purple-background.jpg][frametrans=black,7][color=#00BFFF][font=hightower text][/font][/color][/frametrans][/framepic]
Last edited by Zorayda on March 20th, 2012, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to leejun35 for my avatar image.
Zorayda
Orchid of the City

Words: 4905
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2012, 4:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Zorry's Odds and Ends

Postby Zorayda on March 20th, 2012, 6:38 am

Okay, so... I created a fancy table, and for some reason, that made me feel like I know what I'm doing. So pro.

Okayyyyyyy... I am not entirely certain what I want my character to do. She's an artist who is losing money faster than she can gather it, and she loves to have nice things. Her heirloom is her art set, bought for her by her mother many years ago. She lives alone with her cat, a stray she started feeding and taking care of that chose to stay with her.

I would really like to add a little romance and adventure, but for a sedentary, creative and intelligent character with absolutely no athletic skills, that's awfully hard. Is there magic in this universe...? I'll have to read and find out, I guess. Maybe she can be a squishy wizard. I guess I'm having trouble with her purpose at the moment. What will Zorayda do for society? Will she jump aboard a wagon full of adventurers and record their life in paintings? Will she seek her fortune by attempting to catch the eye of a rich bachelor? Hmm...

An idea for the cat, as well--perhaps I can use one of my accounts to make him one of those shape-shifters instead of just a regular ol' cat to put a little twist into things. I don't know if I'll ever do that, but it's an idea.

I wonder if anybody is actually going to read this besides myself.
Last edited by Zorayda on March 20th, 2012, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zorayda
Orchid of the City

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Zorry's Odds and Ends

Postby Zorayda on March 20th, 2012, 8:34 am

Okay, so most of the above is out. Her sheet is almost fully fleshed out and ready to roleplay. The cat and magic are both out. Now to figure out what to DO with her for her history... hm.

Perhaps she moves away from her family to strike out in the big city? She could know a few languages from her hometown or something. Sounds good to me.
Zorayda
Orchid of the City

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Zorry's Odds and Ends

Postby Zorayda on March 27th, 2012, 3:02 pm

This scrapbook is for everything, including what I feel, right? Well... I guess I'll avail myself of that, then. Not that anyone will ever read this.

This blog describes a lot of things I have to go through. I hate complaining. I don't like being a whiner. But I have to share this or I'll explode. Even if nobody reads this, I personally know that it's out there for someone to read, someone to empathize and look at it from another perspective. I'm so, so depressed and confused right now. I have no idea what to do.
Zorayda
Orchid of the City

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Zorry's Odds and Ends

Postby Gabrielle Seawind on March 27th, 2012, 7:34 pm

Zorayda wrote:I wonder if anybody is actually going to read this besides myself.

Well... I am.

Zorayda wrote: Not that anyone will ever read this.

Again... I'm reading it! XD

Okay, first of all, welcome to the site! :) I know how tough it is to shape up your character. God knows I've been playing this PC for months now and I still don't know what the heck I'm doing.

Second of all, ranting is good. I'm sorry that I can't read through your blog more thoroughly at the moment, it's 3:30am and my eyes are finally giving in. But I wanted to post this comment as soon as I could just to let you know -- I read through your scrapbook! *wink wink*
Gabrielle Seawind
Just Another Pirate

Words: 116325
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Zorry's Odds and Ends

Postby Zorayda on March 27th, 2012, 8:16 pm

Hahaha, well, thank you. It's nice to know that the community is interactive around here :)
Zorayda
Orchid of the City

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes