Aerin's Journal

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Aerin's Journal

Postby Aerin on April 15th, 2012, 2:07 am

A small, battered-looking book tied shut with a string is Aerin's journal--how she got it, it is perhaps better not to ask.
Aerin
Dek

Words: 11241
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 12:46 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Journal

Aerin's Journal

Postby Aerin on April 15th, 2012, 2:11 am

25 spring, AV 512

I have, for the first time in many weeks, energy left to write at the end of a day. It is an odd feeling this stick in my hand gives me, and many painful memories have crowded back with it. The memories are sweet moments of childhood--that is why thy are so painful.
Memories!
Memories of schooling when I was a child, writing my letters so proudly and showing them to my mother when she visited a few days later. I still remember the odd catch in her voice as she admired the clumsy, childlike letters I'd put down. They made her name and, above it, my own. I was so happy, looking at the marks...I didn't realize that she had long forgotten any reading lessons from her own childhood on my own. It took the disdainful laugh of another child in the home to tell me that, only moments after my mother left.

I remember how I looked at him, brow wrinkled, and he took the pencil gleefully from my hand. I was young, hardly four years of age, but I understood well enough that I was not to take it back from a strong, healthy Inarta boy--I could not, more importantly, as I was a stubborn but small child, and he had several years on me. I looked at him, waiting until he became unsettled by my eyes, waiting until he left, to think about it. My mother couldn't read? Even I knew too well that she had no time and likely no opportunity to practice such a skill. I did not then understand the illnesses of the mind and no notion that one had ever so slowly started to take my mother into its grasp. I remembered her stories, then, and I forgot about the boy. My mother didn't need to read, she had so much in her stories already! But for myself...I wanted the skill, and I knew I was stubborn enough to get it, as I have.

And I have lost too much of this sheet to memories. And I have yet to write of the day I have had. I have found a person in the godforsaken place. An odd one, I admit--he still puts fear into me, with his great size and rough body, and his eyes seem to contain the volcano in them. I took him for an Endal by his look and by the prideful indifference he exuded, but I did not mean to speak with him. I tripped, my stolen dinner flew out of my hands, and I was caught... and yet, he did not take any type of advantage, nor did he hit me, but seems to have appointed himself as my...It's like he's taken me on as a project. I do not yet understand it, but I am better fed than I was several hours ago.

Perhaps less good is the discontent my odd encounter has brought to surface again. I have never been content with my caste assignment. How I got it, perhaps I shall write of later--a large part was not my fault, as a "mutt" such as myself has little chance--but for now, I must sleep for the remaining hours.
Aerin
Dek

Words: 11241
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 12:46 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Journal