Rumor Has It (Nadya)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Rumor Has It (Nadya)

Postby Khalanssmiasook on March 28th, 2012, 3:35 pm

Season of Spring, Day 15, Year 512AV

The backbone of Ravokian society was the rumors. Simple things that usually lead to over the top moves from the powers-that-be and considering the storm, those who had always been faithful to Rhysol and The Voice were quite displeased with a whispers such as this particular one floating around.

The Rising Dawn. Leths light—the docks.

Written on a simple scrap of parchment. Hidden beneath on of the many bridges of the canals. It was stuffed inconspicuously but she had been notified of the message and its hidey-hole.

Crumpling it she threw it into the water below. Filthy water! Like the vile beings that dared try to change things. Gripping the stone tightly she found herself unable to control her rage, wishing for nothing more than to watch them beg for mercy. Hissing and shaking slightly she jerked away from the bridge with great effort.

Sook would find out the truth.

The note was knew, her little informant having told her that much. So soon people would be fluttering to the docks. Gnashing her teeth she stormed down the bridge and towards the docks not interested in the petty civilians with their petty and pointless troubles. What did she care if they had yet to find their child after the storm? If their wives were ill and their homes missing items. None of it was of interest, though usually giving bits of false hope would make her smile.

Briskly weaving through the streets Sook smashed harshly into a young woman. Sending them both onto the stone. Snarling Sook stood quickly.

“Little twit! Move when people walk!”

She hesitated briefly though. Giving the young woman a once over and the general direction of her walk. She was a bright little thing and right now bright things should be in bed. “Where are you going?”

Crouching to the woman she knocked over, she began inspecting her carefully. Looking for anything to tell her why she was wandering so late in the evening.

“Are you a night woman?” here she paused, “Or—or are you heading to the docks?”

Standing once more, Sook began to dust herself off. “I apologize sincerely for bumping you.”

It sounded anything but.

“Can I offer you dinner in forgiveness?” In truth she simply wanted someone who looked innocent and this woman seemed to project an air of naivety. That or her facial features were simply childish. It would be more believable if she found the ‘Rising Dawn’ fools with this young woman. She looked the part of someone who would not care for all Ravok had to offer.
Khalanssmiasook
Shall we play a game?

Words: 19999
Joined roleplay: February 27th, 2012, 8:43 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Rumor Has It (Nadya)

Postby Nadya on March 29th, 2012, 1:41 am

Nadya hit the ground, stones digging uncomfortably into her side. Luckily, her arms caught the ground before her head. She looked up, her eyes wide and blue, the watery blue of her kind. Staring at her from a few feet away was a fiery haired woman with smoke coming out her ears. She snarled at her, nearly hissing, but Nadya just stared, shocked. The woman had ran into her, not the other way around. She hadn't been distracted, at least... she didn't think so. When the woman kneeled down, getting close, the blonde she had knocked over leaned back.

Snidely, the woman apologized, Nadya not sure wether to accept it or scurry off. But with the offer to dinner, she hesitated. After what had just happened... she could use some company. I'm just out walking because my boyfrie- I mean, ex-boyfriend, didn't want me in his place anymore. she frowned, not understanding what she had done wrong to the man. She had done everything he had asked, but he just tossed her aside like yesterday's news. She gaze dropped to her feet as she stood, brushing the dirt off her skirt.

I could use something to eat, yes, I'll join you, she muttered, barely decided. Her voice was soft and melodic, the kind men just seemed to melt to. At least, temporarily of course. Until something sweeter came along. She was use to it though, the abandonment that is.

I haven't lived here long to be honest, I'm not sure where there is any good food. Nadya admitted, becoming more comfortable. Despite their rough introduction, maybe this woman needed a friend. Nadya was always in need on one of those it seemed.

Nadya extended her hand, her skin slightly golden from the sun, I'm Nadya.
Nadya
Player

Words: 4008
Joined roleplay: March 12th, 2012, 6:58 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Rumor Has It (Nadya)

Postby Khalanssmiasook on March 29th, 2012, 4:17 pm

Sook rolled her eyes as the young woman explained her troubles. Sex was sex. It was best these young things understood that. But the forlorn voice made even Sook think how pathetic the creature in front of her was. But she could see why no man would want the young girl though. Too timid. Her gaze to the floor.

She was perfect.

What amazing luck Sook had! She gave herself mental praise and pushed her face a little closer to the girls shrugging and impatiently grabbing her elbow.

“You’re pretty enough, sweetness. Another will go for you.”

And now she didn’t live here? Even better. They would suspect a local, a foreign woman would obviously be a part of this ‘Rising Dawn’. Trying to hurry the young woman along and nodding her head as if listening to the young woman. She didn’t care for her name or her history.

All the same Sook gave her own name, ignoring the obvious attempt at a handshake and pushed them through the crowds at a brisk pace, “Sook. I know of a delicious place down by the docks. They have fish and meats.”

Her anger was still there but now Sook was positively giddy. She would crush them and for once she doubted anyone would care who or what she ate. Ah, it had been a long time since she had gotten to eat any decent meal. There had been the pretty bird that had been foolish enough to sing to her but she needed something larger. Much larger.

Remembering then she had to let the other keep up she slowed but only slightly. She had to keep the girl following and distracted, not paying attention to the fact that there would be no food place. What the petch had she been saying earlier? Oh, right.

“You were dumped tonight then? He did not walk you home? He wasn’t a good man then. You’re better off. I’m sure I know of someone I could set you up with.” Or pay. Didn’t matter. Only fools would follow a stranger in an unknown city for food. The woman would be useful so long as she was a fool. Sook was willing to invest so long as her investigation went off without a hitch.
Khalanssmiasook
Shall we play a game?

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Rumor Has It (Nadya)

Postby Nadya on March 29th, 2012, 8:05 pm

Nadya let herself be pulled by the woman, Sook, as she struggled to keep up. The few faces she passed were nothing but a blur, the buildings unfamiliar enough to her that she didn't know exactly where they were. Why was the woman so excited and it such a hurry. Nadya frowned slightly as she noticed her hair whipping behind her. It would surely be dreadfully knotty. A delicious place by the docks, that could be great. "The only tavern I know of is the Silver Silver, but that's because I'm working on a job there."

Nadya's face lit up and she smiled, this woman was unbelievably kind. "Set me up? Only if they're sweet. I seem to have a thing for bad boys, but they don't seem to have a thing for me." She shrugged as they rushed, the sky dark. Sometimes you had to live a little, let life pull around and bring you where it may. They seemed to be exactly what she was doing, letting her future, well atleast for the rest of the night, be decided by this fiery spirited woman.

What Nadya opened up to people, they always judged her. They asked why she hadn't protected herself? When she was only a young teen. They ridiculed her easy ability to trust, even after everything. Even after it continued to end badly for her every single time.
Nadya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Rumor Has It (Nadya)

Postby Khalanssmiasook on April 17th, 2012, 6:25 am

OOCSorry about the delay! I’ll try to forewarn next time but it was a sudden thing. Anyhow let’s get this thing back in gear! And again I apologize.

Sook could have laughed, the girl was so transparent! She would be no fun at all but she would be useful and useful meant that she would live for now. At the very least she would serve as a good decoy should the people she was about to meet be troublesome. “Trust me, sweetness, everyone loves a bad boy. They are delicious after all.”

But her attention was already wavering from the naïve girl and diverting back to its original ire. Stupid little brats wanted to make peace! With what?! Rhysol was gone and for whatever reason had spoken to no one nor had The Voice made herself known and damn it all but it amused her. The ultimate stage and they were ruining all her fun.

She had to give them credit though. Striking now rather than when the city got back on its feet was smarter than the usual group of idiots and foreigners. Truly she wondered if perhaps the people they would find were higher up than she had anticipated. What fun that would be!

Flinging herself between her emotions and drinking in the feeling she nearly missed the location, if it were not for a few other stragglers. Water was still an iffy thing to be around. Too much history of stealing people right off the docks, especially during the storm and it did not paint a pretty picture for the night breeze.

Taking liberties Sook halted the girl, the force of their movement and sudden stop nearly sending them to the ground in a parody of their earlier incident. Watching with abject interest and a warm roiling filling her belly she let loose a hiss between her teeth. She wanted to rip them apart. No, much too simply, perhaps grate them?

It was the girl’s heavy breathing that brought her back to the present and out of her twisted fantasies. She needed to put her in order before she grew suspicious but the perpetually foolish look on the girls face told her otherwise. She would most likely invite an assassin in for tea!

Gathering her thoughts she spoke quickly, “Okay, here is the deal sweetness, we are going to make a side stop from the dinner. Don’t argue just follow me and keep your mouth shut, got that?”

Turning away she gestured for the young woman to follow, her entire expression promising pain if she was denied. Still she needed to make sure the girl did not have some sort of fit and alert the other idiots currently gathering.

“And if you do good I’ll treat you to dessert too. Now get moving.”
Khalanssmiasook
Shall we play a game?

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Rumor Has It (Nadya)

Postby Nadya on April 22nd, 2012, 9:12 pm

Nadya frowned slightly as the woman demanded a detour. In truth, she did not mind a little adventure although her sister claimed it was just as the princess locked in a tower. Her sister... now that was the only person she wanted to talk to. Lyalya had abandoned her just when she needed her sister the most. At the very least the older Svefra could have take Nadya with her.

The blonde shook her head, trying not to dwell on this now. She looked over the woman and noticed a bit of feverish need in her eyes. Nadya realized the strange woman who had offered her dinner needed help. It was honestly the least she could do, being as the woman had brought her out of her misery, if only for a minute.

Curiosity was always something their mother scolded her sister about, who was adventurous, brave, and a thrill-seeker. Nadya didn't want to anger her mother, but her sister and her came from the same tree and as much as she would have tried to deny it back home, she truly wanted to know what was going to happen. She gave the woman a smile and a nod, she would follow and help in whatever the woman wanted. She didn't need to be so crabby though...
Nadya
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Rumor Has It (Nadya)

Postby Khalanssmiasook on May 3rd, 2012, 5:01 pm

The girl seemed to follow orders without trouble and Sook felt a smile creep onto her face. It was a mixture of mild annoyance and genuine pleasure at the thought of being able to feast and maim and get away with it. If these ‘Rising Dawn’ were truly what they seemed none in Ravok would care about their passing.

Urging the girl fast with a wave of her hand they crept up behind the few stragglers also hurrying to the ‘meet’. Wasting no time Sook quickly hovered near the others heading beneath the dock. Underneath it did not surprise her what she found but what did surprise her was the amount, nearly a dozen or more people milled about looking anxious. It was odd and there was something about it that she could not put her finger on. All the same she slid into the crowd and listened to the whisperings and glancing to make sure the girl hadn’t gotten lost.

When she noted her a bit of a ways behind Sook back tracked and head out her hand in annoyance, “Do not get lost. You are of use.”

Motioning for the girl to either take her hand and be lead like a child or quicken her pace, Sook pushed them through the small crowd to the front. There stood a man with a black robe, he said nothing but was what she presumed to be the leader. Never taking her eyes of the robed man she leaned over to Nadya and spoke in a hurried whisper. Excitement and anger warring in her tone, “If things get…awkward sweetness you do precisely as I say.”

Not bothering to wait for an answer Sook decided she had waited long enough for this moment and impatiently spoke out. Her voice stilling all in the room. “We are here and we have you message so what are we doing here?”

A simple question but the response was instant. The man in the robe flung his hood back and glared at them all. When he spoke the movement began once more, hushed whispers grew louder as his words washed over them.

“We will be the new Rising Dawn! We will fix what depravity rules here!”

That is when it made sense. The symbols she had seen before when associating with the Rising Dawn were not here. In fact these people looked as confused as the girl she had dragged with her. Sooks teeth gnashed angrily. A fake!

There was no other explanation. His words enough told them this was not the true Rising Dawn and if this was not then what was? She found her initial anger of the thought of their actually being a rising dawn was nothing compared to her anger at finding it a fake.
Khalanssmiasook
Shall we play a game?

Character sheet
Plotnotes