[Mara's Scrapbook] Counter Clockwise

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Mara's Scrapbook] Counter Clockwise

Postby Roka on March 28th, 2012, 8:24 pm

So my first scrapbook, there's not much to say right out of the gate. Image

Roka is my current baby, and still rather rough around the edges. Still, I have a short term view of where I HOPE he is going. Stay tuned.

I am working on another character named Mara, but I plan to put a lot more initial thought into him than I did my poor little Kelvic. We'll see what works better for me.

Anyway, Roka, yes...

Short Term Goals:
-Gain XP in Stealth, Theiving, ect.
-Progress CE arc and see where it leads me
-Lean some Medicinal stuff from Cham and Kalila

Long Term Goals:
-Establish religion with the godess Bala
-Possibly receive Gnosis of Cultivation (paws crossed?)
-Travel and accomplish good deeds of some kind
-Find Roka a bondmate or completely isolate him
-Eventually I hope to totally break him so that he is either jaded or murderous. Whether temporarily or permantly I'm still not sure.

Yuhhh aaaaand GO!
Last edited by Roka on May 5th, 2012, 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roka
Scavenger

Words: 86540
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2012, 9:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

[[Roka] Scrappers, Scallywags, and Mischief-Makers

Postby Roka on March 29th, 2012, 3:27 am

WUDDADAY

Ok, so trying to hash out some responses and new threads, but I have a tendency to get just as distracted as I plan on being focused. Oh the irony. So I thought maybe I'd post a little something for good measure just to get me in the writting spirit. So here it goes.

So I live in apartment complex with a name containing the word Cinamon in it. What's the point of mentioning this you ask? Well because I find it ironic, because it's pretty run down, with dreadful management, and a decent amount of criminal activity.
    Just this morning I wake up at 4:00 in the morning, turn on the news and lo and behold there is a wideview of the entrance to the complex. Apparently, a couple buildings from us there was this married couple, I think I know the one, but haven't been outside to see the crime scene tape.
    Well their place was broken into, the two assalants demanded money, so they led them to a safe, opened it and forked over all the money and about a pound of marijuana. "Wow drugs, what a surprise" was my initial thought, now the whole thing made perfect sense.
    They were likely low level dealers, someone caught word, and decided to clean them out. This happens all the time if you sell out of your house around here. Anyways, after handing over the safe's contents, they still end up shot. The woman was shot in the leg, the man in the torso.
    Then the two guys go outside, loot in hand and see some poor guy walking outside of his place, likely getting ready for work like a lot of guys do. The two yell at him to go back inside, so listens, not wanting any trouble, turns to go back inside and still they shoot him in the back and then run off.
    After hearing that all I could think was "Seriously?!" I live here with my family, and while we no longer are involved with drugs of any sort, neither was the guy that got shot in the back. I had a conversation with a few people about this later in the day, and I found out the woman's husband that was shot in the torso died in the hospital today.
    For what? A little weed and a couple hundred dollors? All I can think sometimes is how horrible people are. Even if drugs didn't exist, or guns weren't ever invented, people would still find reason and means to murder people for the most ridiculous things. I can't understand it.
    I couldn't lose someone like that, I feel like I'd harbor a lot of hate. I've escaped a lot of close calls with my family and myself, but my mother-in-law has been jumped several times, had a gun held to her head, had her daughter kidnapped, just because she's involved in that drug scene around here.
    She's trying to turn her life around finally but it might be too late, she's facing possible prison time, she's been jumped twice in the last week, is getting evicted and just got in a car accident that tore open her c-section wounds. She even missed my daughter's second birthday because of one of these attacks in which three people were waiting for her outside her appartment as she was leaving to go to the party.
    Keep in mind the woman can't weigh more than 90 pounds. I don't know, I just don't get it. Acting like that, like your an animal that has no choice but to act out your primal and violent instincts liket hat with no regaurd for anything else.

Hooray for rants. Yeah, I feel better having gotten that out. That's the main reason I'm a little distracted from my usual posting, because I'm stressed and tired.

I prefer to end on this note though:
Roka
Scavenger

Character sheet
Scrapbook

[Roka] Scrappers, Scallywags, and Mischief-Makers

Postby Roka on April 4th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Welcome to the Party

The news of the day: Well Mara is nearly complete! Huzzah! I'm just working on his character history. I've got down his birth and a basic outline for the rest, but it is slow going. Mainly because I want him to start in Alvadas, but I'm trying to go through all the motions to make that happen. Any suggestions for a smoother ride are welcomed. Plus I'm just trying to decide if I'd like to start with flashbacks or not. I haven't really done any on Roka. Mainly because he hasn't lived a whole lot of life before since he's only two, and most of his life was spent traveling. Mara has been quite a creation for me though. I was stuck on his character concept for some time. I just couldn't grasp what he was all about, and I didn't want to jot down some cliché' muck and then wade through it after I'd posted and felt better. No I wanted to know him. So I had to understand where he came from, what happened in his life, how was he treated, everything. Now, in all actuality, it hasn't taken THAT long, but I'm a pretty impatient person. I kind of just flit around from thing to thing. That's one thing I'm definitely trying to work on.

Roka will probably get more post time still, but they may ware off, since it’s likely due to my overzealous fascination with foxes.

This is pretty short, but I'm gonna fill the space with this kitty. That is all.

Roka
Scavenger

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Mara on April 10th, 2012, 4:17 am

Mara

-Fueled by Guilt

Defining Traits:
*Loyal
*SomberImage
*Passive
*Tenacious
*Unconventional
*Self-Loathing
*Compassionate
*Accepting
*Insecure
*Angry
*Suppressed
*Ambitious
*Inquisitive

Trait Breakdown

Permanent:
-Self Loathing
+Ambitious

Situational:
-Insecure
+Compassionate

Character Goal:
Long Term- Advance his medicinal skills
Short Term- Discovering more about his mother and Viratas
"The only antidote to mental suffering is physical pain"
Mara
A spider web it's tangled up with me

Words: 167085
Joined roleplay: March 28th, 2012, 3:14 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Roka on April 13th, 2012, 3:25 am

Life's Hard, Get a Helmet.

There is just something I want to say or vent over. I'm probably pointlessly blabbering. I want to start by stating, this is in no way directed at anyone, and anything I say is not meant to hurt anyone's feelings or single them out.

Let me just start by saying, let's get real. Mizahar is one of the most lively role playing sites I've ever seen, with just as life-like characters. So come on, if a character just so happens to not like/be attracted to/follow the lead of your character then I'm sorry, but it would be boring and not worth it if they did. The conflict, and the development, those are the fun parts. Digging out the friendships and romance from beneath that mess is what makes it all the more exciting. Am I the only one that thinks that?

Secondly, I think some people blur the lines between a characters view and the writters view. Are you going to be a little upset that a character seriously disapproves of your character? Probably. That doesn't mean the author doesn't like YOU as a person or anything even like that. They are writting what they have developed this character to be, their views and predjeduce. I love coming across people like that. The ones that really make me think about what I have to write, or work harder at where I hope I'm going. That betters me as a writter.

Basically all I wanted to say was dig your fingers into this world. Try not to get your ego bruised too easily, and enjoy the bumps and unplanned turns along the way; they're a part of real life and life IC.

Roka
Scavenger

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Musca on April 13th, 2012, 4:30 am

You are...
Musca
derp derp derp derp

Words: 68348
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2012, 5:41 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Mara on April 16th, 2012, 4:00 pm

When I get all nostalgic:

and then:

"The only antidote to mental suffering is physical pain"
Mara
A spider web it's tangled up with me

Words: 167085
Joined roleplay: March 28th, 2012, 3:14 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Roka on April 18th, 2012, 5:58 pm

I just felt like sharing the tattoo I'm saving to get. It's still a distant dream, unfortunately. I just really REALLY love sparrows. That probably stems from my religious upbringing, the whole "Not even a sparrow, worth only half a penny, can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it." I think for me it represents people in general. For me personally, just as I'm sure many do, I have felt completely insignifigant and helpless in situations that happened in my life. The sparrow is a small testiment to the beauty of something that is considered so small and insignifigant. I mean look at them. They're outragiously adorable.

The quote that will be going with it, but is cut off in the picture is by Gandhi: "Almost everything you do in life is insignifigant, but it's very important that you do them."

and for anyone a tad curious, this is me:

Spoiler Alert :
Image Image[img]
Last edited by Roka on April 24th, 2012, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roka
Scavenger

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Syllke Skyglow on April 18th, 2012, 6:42 pm

Mara is awesome <3

child of the path of lights

Syllke Skyglow
free spirit

Words: 301182
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2011, 7:45 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Musca on April 18th, 2012, 6:57 pm

I saw this pic and I thought of you. :) And also....
...I really should stop spamming your scrap with gifs. D: *scampers off*
Musca
derp derp derp derp

Words: 68348
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2012, 5:41 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next