[Gertrude Elizabeth Haubrich] Who is she really?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Gertrude Elizabeth Haubrich] Who is she really?

Postby Gertrude Haubrich on April 23rd, 2012, 2:43 am

Gertrude Elizabeth Haubrich is a real person born in 1875. She died 5 years later on September 11, 1880. Her birth date is June 1, 1875. She lived in Central City, Colorado and died there as well. She is buried in a very old graveyard and the picture on the right is her real gravestone. The picture on the left is a close up of the writing so you don't think I am lying.Image
What really moved me about her besides how young she died was what was written on her grave. You can't read it on the picture, but I personally visited her grave and wrote down what was there. These words are engraved at the base of the headstone, just under the bottom of the scroll.
"Worry not for me my parents dear
I am not dead but sleeping here
I was not yours but God's alone
Who loved me best and took me home
Remember friends as you pass by
As you are now so was I
As I am not so you must be
Prepare for death and follow me."

Her parents are like said on the grave: Samuel Haubrich and Amelia Christina Paul, she also had two siblings: Joseph and Hattie Haubrich.

Worry not for me my parents dear/I am not dead but sleeping here/I was not yours but God’s alone/Who loved me best and took me home/Remember friends as you pass by/As you are now so was I/As I am now so you must be/Prepare for death and follow me
Gertrude Haubrich
Player

Words: 1256
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2012, 7:40 pm
Race: Ghost