Newbie saying hi

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Re: Newbie saying hi

Postby Ayla on August 22nd, 2009, 6:26 am

I just bought a Stagg electric violin. I've always wanted to learn how to play for a long time, but it'll be the first insturment(I dont really consider my voice an "insturment") for me.

I love celtic and bluegrass fiddle music, and pretty much any rock song featuring violin, so I was just wondering if you had experience with them. I dont suppose you have any books you'd suggest for an adult begginer that is without a teacher, though I bought two books(cant remember their names off the top of my head and dont have access to my email) along with the violin? I can already read music and have a decent ear from choral singing, so I'm hoping that should help.
Ayla
Acquitor

Words: 9223
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2009, 4:07 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Postby Javen Vyta on August 22nd, 2009, 7:27 am

Welcome!
Javen Vyta
Wandering Healer

Words: 8518
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2009, 5:42 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Malia on August 22nd, 2009, 5:33 pm

Thanks, Javen!

Ayla - wow, an electric even! *is jealous* Nope, I don't know any useful books, I'm still paying a teacher, because it's much easier to learn when there's someone else giving you homework, explaining everything, correcting you etc. Personally I won't get far without a teacher and that's why I'm not as proficient with the guitar (which I do have a book for). But if you think you can do it on your own, that's awesome! I wish you good luck! ;)
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)