Those Far From Home (Satevis)

Yvera plays the flute on the street corner and draws the attention of Satevis.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Arcane on May 14th, 2012, 4:43 pm

Though the music from the flute was evident that it was not played by a master, the emotions in it were heart-rending. A sole figure who happened to be walking by stood still, mesmerized by the pain and longing in the music. The figure was covered in robes, hood up, but a single tear glistened in the night as he quickly wiped it off.

Glancing around, he found the room where the sound originated from, keeping himself hidden when he saw an ethaefal lock the room before leaving. He had no idea of knowing that Yvera was in the room of course, automatically assuming that the melody came from the ethaefal.

Taking out a piece of vellum, he grabbed a pencil in one of the many pockets in his robes, scribbling a few words. Folding the note up neatly so that it would also double up as a container, he put in several coins before slipping the wrapped sheet of vellum underneath the door.

Should Yvera or Satevis choose to read it, they would find a few words in messy handwriting:

Play your music in ten days at the sheltered courtyard next to the library. I look forward to it.

OOCThat's right, 10 days mean next season. If any of you wish to pursue this, start a thread next season at this date and location, have all participants post at least once in the thread, then post the link in my office.
Last edited by Arcane on May 14th, 2012, 5:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Arcane
Magic & Mechanics

Words: 117525
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Arcane on May 14th, 2012, 4:46 pm

Rewards and Treasure!

Yvera :
Experience Points
+2 Instrument: Flute
+1 Busking
+1 Subterfuge
+1 Persuasion
+1 Storytelling
+2 Interrogation

Lores
Satevis of the University of Zeltiva
Satevis the Magic Student
Difference between Personal and World Magic
Bare Basics of Djed
Satevis the Ethaefal
University of Zeltiva: Satevis' Dormitory Room

Miscellaneous
Tips from Busking: 3sm

Comments
Note that busking also includes plenty of other skill-sets, so your growth in this skill will be limited if you solely focus on flute playing. Also, I love that sneaky attempt at trying to get free dinner.

Satevis :
Experience Points
+1 Observation
+1 Subterfuge
+2 Teaching
+1 Interrogation
+1 Negotiation

Lores
Yvera the Vantha
Yvera the Flute-playing Busker
Yvera the Curious
I can't save everyone, but I can choose who to save
Yvera's History: Tragedy during Avanthal-Zeltiva Family Trip
University of Zeltiva: Satevis' Dormitory Room

Miscellaneous
+5gm wrapped in the sheet of vellum.

Comments
Note that magic is generally discouraged in the Library (except for the generally more 'harmless' ones like Shielding or Auristics), while fire is definitely forbidden because of well, books made of paper and fire don't mix well, not to mention that there will be some Serious Rage should the library with its treasure trove of knowledge accidentally burn down. There are empty classrooms that Satevis can use to practice his magic. The locations are not up yet, but I assure that there are special reimancy-customized classrooms that are well-shielded for reimancy practice (if you are a reimancy student you definitely have first priority access compared to other students who want to book the rooms).

Also, I didn't give you Anthropology as to gain XP in that you actually have to learn something new, to expand your knowledge of the art. Instead, you get Observation and Lore for paying attention to that detail in order to draw your conclusions.

In Conclusion
Lovely thread! I hope to see more interaction between Satevis and Yvera :) Both of you really good job here. Yvera I can imagine her curious, energetic personality tempered by her poverty and crappy circumstances, while for Satevis I can feel the emotions in your words. Especially that last bit over there. That post was beautiful. Really beautiful :)

Also, Satevis did not give her that coin in the end! I had to re-read several times to make sure I didn't get it wrong xD (though he gave her so much more than that)

Like always, feel free to PM me if there are any concerns or questions arising from this grading or any of my comments. Rock on!

PS: Regarding the 5gm, Satevis if you want to share it with Yvera just make sure both of your CSes reflect the transfer of gold. For administrative purposes the gold is transferred to Satevis because that's his room.

Arcane
Magic & Mechanics

Words: 117525
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Previous