[Infirmary] It takes two to heal (Erudite)

Kaeson and Erudite meet

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Infirmary] It takes two to heal (Erudite)

Postby Kaeson Dakano on May 19th, 2012, 2:13 am

76th Day of Spring, 512 AV

"Good, very good Eirfe, now can anyone tell me why a poultice would need the use of a filler?" Gardenia asked, adding, "Extra points on the next exam to anyone who can answer my previous question as well as naming three examples of commonly used filters." That was what the herbalism students had been waiting for, as the majority of the students, including Kaeson, raised their hands. Scanning the small group of students, Gardenias eyes fell on Kaeson.

"Kaeson?" she asked, waiting for a response.

"A poltice only needs a filter, which is also known as a thickening," Kaeson smiled as Gardenia nodded approvingly," and should only be used if the poltice is too liquid to be useful in the healing process." Kaeson smiled, confident he had answered the question fully. "And?" Gardenia asked, as if she had been expecting more from him. Kaeson was confused, hadn't he answered the question in full. "And what are some examples of the poltice?" she asked expectantly. "Oh yeah," Kaeson said, forcing a laugh to make it seem like it wasn't so bad he had forgotten to answer part of a question. Kaeson continued saying, "A filler can be oat, cornmeal, or...clay?" Kaeson said, adding clay to the list hesitantly. He knew clay would work fine as an filter, but Kaeson wasn't sure if it was the best thing to use. Clay wasn't exactly a plant after all.

"Very good, Kaeson. Oat, cornmeal, clay are all excellent examples. Flour would also have been excepted." Gardenia continued, turning to the rest of the class,"Now can anyway give me the benefits of using a drainage technique versus the use of a filler?"

"I can't...believe...I am...so...late," Kaeson said between breaths as he ran his way to the Infirmary. This was his first time volunteering at the university's infirmary, one of two he needed to complete before semester's end. If Kaesom hadn't gone to his professor office to pick up some dried herbs for a poultice he had wanted to make, Kaeson might've -- no, he would've forgotten completely.

Running through the halls Kaeson was hardly paying attention to the people who he narrowly missed, instead focusing only on the infirmary room numbers so as not to miss the one he was scheduled to be in -- where Kaeson had supposed to be over a bell ago. Seeing the Infirmary where he was scheduled to work, he turned the corner so fast he wouldn't have been able to stop himself had anyone been there and unless they were all paying attention, Kaeson would collide with whoever was there.
Kaeson Dakano
Witchin' Wizard

Words: 120420
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes