[Studio of Yae Varone]Of Men and Expressos (Coltyn)

Amani enjoys a refreshing beverage at the art studio and meets and man who captures her attention.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Amani on May 14th, 2012, 11:33 pm

Timestamp: 40th Spring, 512AV, Midday

The smell of rich coffee and fine treats filled Amani's nose as she made her way through the Noble District, trusting her nose to lead her to the place she wished to go. The Studio of Yae Verone was one of the places that the cream of the crop visited, a place where the rich mingled and the poor looked on with envy. Amani wasn't rich and neither was she poor, but she was a socialite. A woman who had made many friends in high places over the years, so why shouldn't she partake in the lifestyle of the rich every now and then? Her slippered feet moved gracefully over the cobbled streets, every now and then picking up her blue skirts to avoid a puddle or debris that threatened to ruin her image. Image was everything here, and Amani would settle for nothing less than flawless.

The Studio soon came into her sight, and she noticed the high end coffee shop wasn't as busy as it normally was. Not that she minded of course, that just mean that she would be able to sit outside on the patio in relative peace and sip on her coffee, perhaps entertain a man or two. She smiled at the last thought, the idea pleasing to her. Yes, she could definitely go for some entertainment with a beautiful man.

She stepped up to the door of the shop and went inside, smoothing her skirts and inhaling deeply at the delightful smells that frequented the shop . She enjoyed coming here for just the smell at times, not necessarily ordering anything. Sometimes though she was bought drinks or pastries by some of the young men that frequented here, which she didn't mind at all. Today however, she was alone, and she stepped up to the counter to place her order with the elderly woman who ran the shop.

"What can I get for you darling?"Yae Varone asked, her head slightly tilted to the side as she appraised Amani.

Amani pursed her lips together for a moment before answering. "Oh I think just a hazelnut coffee, if you please,"she said with a wave of her hand, placing the mizas on the counter before the older woman handed her a porcelain mug full of the steaming liquid. "Thank you Mrs. Varone."

Enjoy it darling, always a pleasure seeing you," the older woman replied with a smile, waving the younger woman away.

Amani inclined her head to the older woman with a smile before she walked out of the shop, flashing smiles at a few of the young men that had turned up before she found a seat near the end of the patio, providing an excellent view of the water. She sat down in the chair and crossed her legs, smoothing her dress once again as she stared out across the water, the breeze ruffling her blonde hair as she sipped her beverage. Yes, this was a fine day indeed.
Amani
Player

Words: 15663
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2012, 7:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Coltyn on May 20th, 2012, 11:23 pm

It was a quiet day, a painfully quiet day, which Coltyn disliked greatly. He preferred it to be busy because a steady flow of patrons made for a swift shift, as well as a far more interesting day of work. But, no, not today. Today was going to be slow, long, and, most likely, boring, and there was nothing he could do about it.

Nothing at all, he thought as he made his way through the main dining room, taking note of the cafe's only two customers - a dashing, young man and an older gentleman - sitting near the front window.

In an effort to make the most out of the situation, the young Ravokian decided to take up a spot on the patio and watch those who passed by. He found that by doing this he gained a better understanding of the shop's patrons, their comings and goings, their general habits. This, in turn, helped him to be a better guard. Well, at least he felt it did. Zinto, his direct report, would probably disagree, but, then again, he usually disagreed with everything Coltyn said, thought, or did.

Settling on a table close to the main entrance, he waited and watched, waited...and...watched. It was a slooooow day all around, not just in the shop. The city itself seemed quieter than usual.

Where is everyone? he wondered as he tilted his chair back and listened to the wood squeak under his weight. That darn storm really put a nasty kink in things, he thought as his attention was drawn to a lovely, fair-haired citizen. I guess there's less coin these days for unnecessary luxury items such as coffee and cookies, he continued to ponder as the female passed by him and made her way toward the entrance of the shop.

"Allow me," he offered as he opened the door for her. She looks familiar, he thought as he returned to his seat, having bolted from it upon her arrival.

A few minutes later, with a drink in hand, she returned to the patio and took a seat by the water. He hadn't heard her exit the shop; otherwise, he would've helped her with the door. Clearly, in the moment, his attention had been elsewhere.

Okay, it had been specifically focused on a gang of dark-haired, well-built, Ravokian men - who had decided it was a tad too warm for their tunics and shirts - but, well, they were...uh...making a bit too much noise and he wanted to make sure that they weren't going to cause any trouble. Yeah. That was his reason for watching them so closely. That's right. Potential trouble. Potential...

Damn, their skin looks so smooth...and tan...and...licka...er...trouble. That's right. They look like trouble. I better make a mental note to keep an eye out for them, he redirected his thoughts, wondering if anyone caught him watching them as they sauntered by the shop.

Coltyn
A Beautiful Baker Boy!

Words: 89551
Joined roleplay: February 12th, 2012, 9:47 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)
Donor (1)

Postby Amani on May 30th, 2012, 8:05 pm

Amani's attention was drawn to the group of lovely young men that had decided to saunter by the coffee house, their torsos on display for her gray eyes to feast on. She shifted in her seat to better view them as they passed by, sipping on her beverage with a coy smile on her face. She heartily approved of this fashion trend that they had adopted, always appreciative of fine young men, and she chuckled before looking around once more, her eyes landing on a beautiful man on the other end of the porch.

She had noticed him while walking into the shop, since he had graciously opened the door for her. Amani was not one to ignore anything that was beautiful, and this man was certainly at the top of her list....besides Raenfae. If she were honest with herself, if she wasn't as devoted to Raenfae, she would without a doubt get this man into her bed....and keep him coming every night. Her cheeks blushed at the thoughts she was having, and she cleared her throat, a friendly smile on her face.

"It seems that those young men have started a fashion trend,"she began, noticing that he seemed to be watching them as well. "I think that you would be most becoming if you followed their lead. We both would certainly benefit from that wouldn't we? You, relief from this heat, and myself....well I don't think I would have to purchase dessert darling." She chuckled and shifted in her seat, not hiding the way her eyes traveled over his body as he sat there. He really was quite a man.

oocI'm terribly sorry this is so late! I got really busy with work this week and have been working doubles. I hope you enjoy it though! :)
Amani
Player

Words: 15663
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2012, 7:04 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook