So, I Heard You Have Small Hands (Solo)

57 Summer 511 A.V. – Tiki is put to work once more among the Jamoura. Shurk sees potential in Tiki’s relatively petit body…

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Tiki on August 31st, 2011, 12:40 am

57 Summer 511 A.V. – Tiki is put to work once more among the Jamoura. Shurk sees potential in Tiki’s relatively petit body…

I think he can make it…

It’s not your life to gamble, Shurk. The nets don’t go out that far.

I’m paying him, aren’t I?!

Tiki only heard bits of a conversation as he came strolling down the petal, blazing glory. He wasn’t entirely sure what the jamoura were talking about, but they did seem upset.

“Good morning,” Tiki started with his enthusiastic tone. He followed Shurk’s orders like a soldier, and was ready once more for today’s labors. He kept himself well fed and rested, as per Shurk’s commands of course, and still managed to get a taste of Spires. Running around that is, he had a better feel of where he was at the least. Handling all of the honey-glue started having an effect on him. His cravings started getting the better of him. His sweet tooth, all but satisfied, had him asking Kashal for honey in the mornings, to which she so eloquently responded, “You’re going to lose a tooth like this, Tiki. Have some fruit instead, just as sweet.” He might have refused her before a few times, but listened to Kashal’s wisdom in the end. Grath managed to sneak a jar or two under the counter of course, but that was between them. Business was business – an ideal Shurk seemed to have in mind as well.

Tiki, my boy! Welcome, welcome, stand right over here. I need to show you something. You see, I had something in mind for you, really relaxing and boring work, something for an old ape like me with no life left to be living, but we seem to have a problem. I’m in need of a daring fellow, one with no fear in his heart…someone who can fit down through there…” Shurk pointed to a break in the intertwined branches and wood. “We seemed to have misplaced the plans to the stadium down below,” Shurk stated, his boys giving him all kinds of sharp looks, “And I need to get them back. They seemed to have blown through –

More like they were left there…

Like I was saying, blown through, or left there, in the branch below during our construction last night. The problem is the glue has already set, and we can’t go ripping the floor apart now that it’s all set. But if you can fit through that part over there, crawl around a bit more, snag the prints, and get back, we’ll be back in business. As you can see, we’re not getting much further with this project without those plans. What do you say, Tiki?

Tiki listened well to the other jamoura as much as he did Shurk. “Who left the plans in the branch? The wind doesn’t blow like that.” Shurk’s boys laughed, the lead architect hot under his nape.

Alright, alright, enough. I left them there, alright, I said it. Now, listen here Tiki, I’m paying you for this job. We’ll be right here if anything goes wrong, and that’s a big if now, but we do need those plans back. I’ll be making copies as soon as I can. We’re golden now that the project is started. There’s no way others will catch up to us now, I just got a little paranoid about my plans being around, you know? What do you say, Tiki?

Tiki didn’t know, having little sense of guile, but he figured Shurk had a point, Tiki was being paid. Besides, climbing sounded more fun than pasting things together. The temptation of the honey-glue was the only drawback. Shurk was eagerly awaiting Tiki’s answer. “Okay,” the kelvic said, and Shurk was gleeful. The look on the faces of the other jamoura foresaw disaster to come, but not Tiki. Tiki, oh Tiki, he was just smiling away, his eyes locked on Shurk’s joy. The lead designer did well to pat Tiki over to the hole that lead below the stadium floor where no other jamoura would be able to reach him. His cat reflexes would come in handy; hopefully he’d land on his feet if things went down, down, down…
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Words: 273835
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2011, 12:32 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tiki on June 3rd, 2012, 6:45 am

Tiki went down head first, his lithe body easily squeezing through where a jamoura’s could not. The fine movements of his body were part of an art form taking on new uses. In the hunt, such precision was necessary to keep one’s steps soft and quiet, precise in their movement as to not create sound. The slightest shift in the wrong direction, or on the wrong thing, would send the prey into a sprint that drained the hunter for more than it was worth. In such a same instant, Tiki would then show his agility to jump to maximum speed and finish what he started. As it applied now, Tiki’s movements would keep him safe or threaten his life. A fall below, where no nets were hung, would be the death of him. The jamoura had laid a thick layer of branches and wood before, plastered in the glue and left to dry before their build over it, but there were still holes. It was only intended for support. Twisted vines and limbs, interwoven like a maze with pitfalls and dead ends, paved the way to Tiki’s goal, the blueprints to the stadium.

When you get down there Tiki, you’re looking for a large leaf canvas. It should still be bundled up, lodged in a branch over here.” Shurk tapped his foot overhead the stop. Down below, Tiki saw the slight vibrations. This whole thing didn’t seem too sturdy. Of course, this was the same wood and glue that all of Spires was composed of, and they stood as a testament to the materials’ strength. “Remember Tiki, be careful, and watch your step. We’re here if you need us… Ugh, try to not need us though.” Shurk sent the kelvic off with a firm nod. He had faith in Tiki’s ability, and Tiki knew it. Why else would he be sending Tiki after all!?

That boy better come back, Shurk, blue prints or not. The deacons wouldn’t be too happy.

He’ll be fine. He’s the only one who would fit anyway.

Just leave the plans to me from now on. I won’t leave them lodged in a branch.

It was one time! C’mon now boys, look at this, it’s really happening. This seasn we’ll have the stadiums fi…

Tiki overheard the last bits of the discussion as he began crawling away from the gap in the floor, further out ward the branches. They were tightly interwoven, reaching down some measure he knew not of. The support needed to be thick of course. The structure itself, in a few years, would have the fortification of Caiyha’s temple as nature took to it, and merged it as a yet another addition to the Spires. Tiki saw what Shurk meant by there being gaps now though. He stopped a moment, maybe a third of the way to the plans, and peeked through a hole. He could see far down through the canopy. The space between the petals, although looking full from above, seemed rather bear from this perspective. Tiki was more amazed than shocked by the discovery. He didn’t think much of the fall, the slugsuckle nets always ready to lift him back up when he could not. Tiki stopped and listened to the serenity of the loft. A discussion above started and came closer. He heard the creaking of the wood as jamoura bodies fumbled over the stadium floor.

Where is he now?!

He’s somewhere over here, Grath. Relax, it’s under control.

Under control?! You have my patrons climbing over the thin air! What would you do if he fell through, Shurk?! He doesn’t have the strength or grasp you do! Call Rosh. He’s on duty as it is. How he didn’t notice this is unfathomable…

You underestimate the boy! He’s fine, fine worker he is…

A boy, Shurk! He’s a boy, and now you have him out on limbs!

Tiki wanted to say hello to Grath, but couldn’t see him. The muffled voices of the jamoura also gave hint that his voice would not carry. Tiki looked back down at the ground beneath Spires long and hard before he moved on again. He didn’t notice the immediate danger, not with the limbs beneath him. Tiki had climbed trees before, perhaps not of this height, but he had. He had yet to discern the difference in distance, however…
Tiki
The Curious Cat Kelvic

Words: 273835
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2011, 12:32 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets