The Keepers - Society

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

The Keepers - Society

Postby Isikais on May 5th, 2010, 7:06 pm

Removed pending discussion.
Last edited by Isikais on May 5th, 2010, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isikais
Don't eat the Nuit!

Words: 54273
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 4:14 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Lore Author (1)

The Keepers - Society

Postby Gossamer on May 5th, 2010, 8:21 pm

This sounds almost like a carbon copy of a group I am currently in development of (and in thread on PCs with) that involve the Lykata Gnosis and Eyris as a Goddess Cult. I would be fine with this writeup if it did not centralize on these people being information gatherers and safeguarders of dangerous forms of magic (and as implied other technology) on Mizahar since this overlaps heavily with something that is 'modern' and in progress in threads and pending a cult writeup that Hadrian has been hounding me for. I always think current roleplay with real players should trump historic groups that have little effect on current in-game scenarios.

Also, those that know me and know my history (which is quite a few folks here) understand that I ran a group called The Keepers on another site that is nearly identical to how you have this one written up (minus the history) and that group is the total inspiration for the Lykata Cult on Mizahar. I don't want there to be any accusations of 'borrowing' of ideas since this was posted and was hauntingly familiar. I understand being new to Mizahar, that you had no way of knowing this... and that a lot of development underway as well as plots is by 'word of mouth' but unfortunately the overlap is too great here for my endorsement since it impacts current players and their future plans.

My suggestion for improvement and fitting them into the current game world is have them focus on being spies and gatherers of opposing technologies as is fitting with the current state of war that Suva and Alahea was in at the time this group was prominent.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)