[The cages] Why do i have to sit here like a mook? ( solo)

Guarding the cages, is easier to do with first hand experiance. (job thread)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Ximal on June 4th, 2012, 3:04 am

3rd summer 512AV

Turning up for his first day of work Xi reported to the one person he hoped he wouldn't see again for a while. The head guard. The big grizzled gorilla, fantastic, Sighing he wandered fer to the oversized monkey to report for duty. The head guard was a haggard grizzled old goat, but he was proficient in his weapon and fair. From what Xi had witnessed of the man-monkey. then tarif looked at him with a gutting glare, to which Xi responded with a stoic response, a cold exterior. Show no fear, hold nothing back. He'll respect you more for it
"What are you doing here tree attacker. Your not wanted here, you served your time. Unless you want to put yourself back inside of those cages? Did the big monkey just make a joke? Xi smiled lightly almost involuntarily. He held his position in-front of the big gorilla.
"I'm here looking for guard work. What better way to guard something than if you've already been inside it?" For all Xi could tell he might have seen a smile or a neer on that big gorillas lips. then again with the gorillas you never could tell that was untill the big monkey spoke.
"You've got a point there. And you got off easy with the attacking the trees, mostly because your an outsider. If you work here, you will have to work twice as hard as the others as a extension of your punishment. After all you'd have the same expected of you everywhere." Xi's shoulders slumped as he looked at the big gorilla. He was sure he'd have to work hard but he wasn't sure just how hard. Xi sighed and cracked his neck in his soothing manner raising his shoulders in a defiance of what he normally would do. He smiled and responded to the gorilla.
"Fine, I'll work three times as hard. And don't worry about the axes. whilst i'm here i'll subdue any ructions hand to hand."

The large gorilla snorted and spoke clearly. Then get to work, your first shift starts now. I'm going on break and you are going to be left in charge of watching over everything. Your not the only guard i've employed but you are the only other human guard. Now get to work. you've got a long day ahead of you and right now. You can start by keeping an eye on the three new kelvic arivals. Their still maddened by the fog." With those final words of encouragement the big gorilla wandered off leaving Xi to guard over the caged animals, kelvics and jamoura. Xi sighed and started making rounds of the cages keeping his eyes on the, jamoura to wonder if they were alright? Or still fog filled. As right now most were asleep only the occasional leopard growl and gibbon hoot, to spook the living day lights out of him. Today was going to be one heck of a day.
Last edited by Ximal on August 20th, 2012, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ximal on August 20th, 2012, 11:19 am

Unable tyo sit still for long periods of time Xi made his rounds, touring the cages and making sure that every jamoura, kelvic, and other inhabitant caught in the fog was alright. Though stopping across one cage gave Xi time and pause to think, a small kelvic, no larger than a pup. Xi crouched down beside the cage, his hight now not so imposing as he peered through the bars at the small frightened animal. patting his had down on the base of the cage lightly to catch the little pups attention. A pair of burnt gold eyes stared straight at him as the little pup bore it's fangs in fright.
" it's arlgiht, i'm not gonna hurt you." Tapping his fingers lightly on the bottom of the cage the little pups fangs went away, and it padded across the cage towards Xi. Sniffing at his hand lightly before staring back up at him with it's golden eyes. Then prss it's head into the back of Xi's hand lightly. "See i mean you no harm." Nuzzling the little animal lighting with his hand he smiled, making dure the small kelvic was alright, the small short fur of the ittle creature, reluctantly Xi pulled away , needing to continue his rounds, only then could he come back to, the small kelvic.

The rest of the rounds were mostly uneventful. The odd large jamoura here, still raging from the effects of the mist, and then Xi spotted a some what familiar jamoura. The one he'd spoken too whilst in the cages during his ten days, jogging up to the cage Xi spoke with the familiar jamoura, almost like reuniting with an old friend. stepping closed the jamoura spoke to him again.

"Hello again tree attacker, are you coming back for another offence?" xi chuckled lightly, and leaned against the bars of the cage, and smiled back at his large gorilla compatriot.
Unfortunately not my friend, this time I'm guarding them, makes more sense when you've been inside them for a time., though i wont say i'm, not surprised to see you still in there, when your thoughts are lucid and clear." The large gorilla sighed sliding down the bars at the back of the cage, his mouth curling into something of a rather primal smile.
"I'm still in here because well, i was a criminal back before the mist came, now that it's finally clearing it looks like i shall be sentenced soon. It's a shame really...I look forwards to you being the guard for my last few days of solace and time here. Tree cutter." The jamoura's last words, 'tree cutter', were spoken with a smile and a slight air of sadness. What exactly the jamoura had done Xidid not knwo however he would try and keep the jamoura company like he had Xi whilst he was rtrapped within the cages.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)