I want YOU to join the Syliran Knights! (CLOSED)

Imass openly recruits in the streets of Zeltiva.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

I want YOU to join the Syliran Knights! (CLOSED)

Postby Arcane on August 31st, 2012, 5:59 am

Rewards and Treasure!

Imass :
Experience Points
+4 Leadership
+5 Rhetoric
+3 Persuasion
+1 Philosophy

Lores
Heckled by a University Student
Nai'shee's Outburst against Syliran Knights
Tock the Red Haired Lass
Tock the False Hope, Beguiler of the Third Hand
Tock's Deeds for Zeltiva
Tock's Challenge
Personal Philosophy: Logic of the Blade - The Great Equalizer
Tock's Logic of the Creator
Verbally Knocked Out by Tock
Zeltivans' Distaste for the Syliran Knights
Akalak Dual Soul: Regression to Dark Side via Hypnotism

Miscellaneous
n/a

Comments
Excellent portrayal here. I liked the dynamics on how you played true to your akalak's nature of dual souls, and the demonstration of Imass' zealotry and total conviction. He is rather black-and-white and bull-headed, but that's what I love about this purple yakayak here :P

Larknas Tider :
Experience Points
+1 Auristics

Lores
Imass the Syilran Knight
Imass the Tyveth Faithful
Bob's Aura: Source of Strange Magic
Tock's Deeds for Zeltiva
Imass' Duel Declaration

Miscellaneous
n/a

Comments
I would really like to see more details from your use of Auristics. Elaborate on what your PC saw, describe the aura, the feeling, the brilliance of it. Magic is special, show me your PC's interpretation of the magic. More could have been done in this thread, to be honest, not just in your portrayal of Auristics, but in general as well. Involve yourself more, or if that is not Larknas' personality, it is your job as the OOC Writer to put him in interesting situations. Perhaps control an NPC here and there, force out an interaction if need be, drive the story forward! :)

Ticktock :
Experience Points
+2 Leadership
+5 Rhetoric
+3 Persuasion
+1 Running

Lores
Heckled the Purple Knight
Imass the Syilran Knight
Imass' Duel Declaration
Throwing Stuff with Grippy
Imass' Logic of the Blade - The Great Equalizer
Personal Philosophy: Logic of the Creator
Squire Wilson's Accusation: of Foul Witchcraft
Verbal Knock Out of Imass

Miscellaneous
n/a

Comments
The only one who managed to truly challenge Imass. I loved the rhetorical and philosophical battle here, and from the XP and Lores given I think you can see how much I enjoyed it too. Great use of Tock's Trident status here, as well as having Tock mature a little bit (issuing that challenge the Zeltiva way rather than doing it Berthian style).

Nai'shee :
Experience Points
+1 Rhetoric
+1 Reimancy

Lores
Outburst against Syliran Knights
Imass the Syilran Knight
Tock's Deeds for Zeltiva
Imass' Duel Declaration

Miscellaneous
n/a

Comments
More can be done in this thread, though I appreciated how Nai'shee controls her emotions and not immediately throwing a spell at Imass. Though I suppose it is because of Tock's intervention, but still, it's a little step forward towards character development in terms of her maturity.

BobbyFish :
Experience Points
+2 Hypnotism
+1 Rhetoric
+2 Subterfuge
+1 Observation
+2 Interrogation
+3 Intelligence

Lores
Imass the Syilran Knight
Tock's Deeds for Zeltiva
Imass' Duel Declaration

Miscellaneous
n/a

Comments
Someone's the sneaky manipulator here, eh? I liked the touch on telling the men to go duel Imass while attempting to turn in the moolah. Bob's a true entrepreneur here, hooray for capitalism!

In Conclusion
This is a wonderful thread, props especially to Imass and Tock for really being on the ball and making it all the more exciting. Take note that this incident can be considered well-known throughout the city 10 days after this event, for rumors have spread about this event.

More importantly, not just Imass' attempted recruitment, but also the Imass VS Tock thing, with Zeltivans knowing about the Verbal KO and of the accusation of witchcraft. Despite Tock's status as Trident, her dabbling in magic is well-known, and there are additional rumors on how she can KO a man without raising a hand. Tock, feel free to use this rumor as you wish; link back to this thread should you require a citation for your grading ST.

Re: Imass' Request on recruitment numbers, currently it is at zero. Awareness of this recruitment has been spread throughout Zeltiva (as a result of this event and the ensuing gossip/rumor mill), but due to the actual incidents in this thread people are too scared to actually approach Imass, or turned off by the resulting events). However, Imass you are free to play off this enhanced awareness in future recruitment threads, for example having a random person approach Imass in the bar and asking him for more details regarding joining the Syliran Knights. As always, feel free to cite back to this thread should the grading ST require evidence of this.

Good job everybody, despite taking quite a while to grade this I truly enjoyed the fun here.

Arcane
Magic & Mechanics

Words: 117525
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Previous