Matthius Deacon

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Matthius Deacon

Postby Matthius on May 11th, 2010, 4:57 pm

Matthius ‘Night’ Deacon

Basic Information
Race: Mixed Blood (Zith/Human)
Birthday & Age : Winter 491 AV, 20

Physical Description
Neither human or Zith, Night looks as such. He’s halfway between both species, his genes warped and twisted around both bloodlines. His generic shape is still humanoid in nature. However, he is covered in tiny, silk-like black fur. It grows longer along the humeri and down along the ulnas for a few inches, mirroring his furry knees. A thicker, longer tuft grows over his scalp, reaching to just below his shoulder blades if left to grow. In the winter, Night’s fur will grow a few inches thicker, and will shed during the summer.

Another inheritance from his Zith blood is his unusually long, clawed digits. Both his fingers and toes are also webbed with thick, leathery skin, much like a bat’s wing. Yet, whether it be a mutation or just a birth defect, there is no webbing between the thumb and index finger. Thick, callused skin covers the pads of his fingers and the soles of his feet from the years spent vigorous abuse to the skin. Another predatory feature Night possesses is sets of elongated canines, both upper and lower. Both teeth either side of each canine is sharper than would be normal for a human, though are only average in length.

Night’s eyes are rather interesting as they hold no singular colour, but several different colours that fleck around each other. One could say that the ‘base colour’ is a dull, almost grey green. Surrounding the pupils are flecks of red and gold, growing darker the further they are from the centre of the eye. Around the edges of the iris, the grey green becomes a forest green and the flecks of gold and red are dark enough to be considered black. A pair of fluffy eyebrows grow above them, jagged and always lop-sided in a neutral expression.

On the muscular side of fit, Night stands at an intimidating 6’6”, courtesy of his father who was nearly 6’11”. There is only one other thing that would give away his Zith parentage (If you couldn’t tell he was half Zith already), two stubs grow on his upper back, where wings would be if he were a full-blooded Zith. These growths are made from mostly cartilage and gristle, attached to his back purely by muscle and tendons. A very thin, fine bone grows in each, malformed and of no real use.

Character Concept
Night is a rather strange person with even stranger morals. He doesn’t believe in mourning for the dead. In fact, he personally thinks it’s a waste of time. This probably has something to do with why he doesn’t feel so bad about eating his sexual partners when he grows bored of them. Yeah, he’s a cannibal (half cannibal?) and will eat bodies from a battle field if he happened across one. This isn’t to say he goes around, randomly eating whoever he comes across. He really sees no point in drawing unnecessary attention to himself or causing unnecessary pain. If he chose to eat somebody, it would be an orphan or thief or someone like that. Nobody will miss them.

When it comes to the physical act of sex, Night is as open as they come. He doesn’t care if you’re a man, a woman, undead, tall, short, human, non-human, something entirely different... If you’re attractive enough, he’s likely to try and hit on you. Monogamy is also a foreign concept, much to the credit of his Zith parentage. He simply couldn’t fathom staying with the same partner for the rest of his life. It would become boring and at one point or another, he would grow hungry for their flesh in a different sense.

Not really perceiving himself as ‘evil’, Night becomes touchy when someone implies that he is. Evil, to him, is just a word to describe someone who has morals different to yours. A stupid justification to stick a sword through someone that somehow seems to work well among humans. He loves to twist words for his own benefit or even just for amusement. Making humans and their morals sport is his favourite social pastime.

Character History
Born in Xy along the Sylira-Cyphrus border, Night was a surprise to both his Colony and his parents, because he was the only half blood to come from anyone in his family, immediate or otherwise. He was a singular child, having no twin as most Zith have. His mother, the Zith of the pairing, would have killed the child had she not been at the height of her intimacy with Night’s father, one of the slaves.

He was slow to mature, aging roughly twice as slow as the other younglings did. It was during the first four years of this that he spent with his mother, hunting small animals and the like on the ground while the others leant to fly and hunt bats. He was clumsier than the others; slower and weaker. Even the way he spoke in the Zith tongue was slow and he was considered quite stupid by his mother.

Eventually, he was passed off to his father, whom his mother had grown tired of. Night knew very well that the human was his father and experienced love for the first time. Not a romantic love, but a love between father and son. He learnt a great many things from his father, from Common as a second language to making necklaces from bone and strips of leather. He heard tales of the large cities and places far away. He continued to learn from his father, often hunting alone so as not to be taunted by those with wings.

By the time he hit eleven years of age, Night had shot up and put on quite a bit of muscle mass. He appeared to be the equivalent of a sixteen year old human, voice already maturing into the deeper tones he would use an adult. It was around that time he had grown to like reading, often reading books his colony had traded for and whatever books the slaves had. He particularly enjoyed reading about the other races in the world, imagining what they would taste like and how they would sound.

At sixteen, Night had reached full maturity, towering over the other males within the colony. They no longer mocked him as he matched their hunting abilities on the ground. His mother had grown interested in his father by that time, bearing another two children to him. Night killed one while in a raging fight with his mother. Of course he felt bad, another thing courtesy from his father.

The Fall falling his sixteenth birthday, Night decided to leave his colony to explore the world that had been described to him in his younger years. He did leave, freeing his father from slavery after much planning and secrecy. They set off for Syliras, hastily moving during the day and hiding during the night. On the journey, Night’s father taught him what little he knew of disguise in fear that the boy would be targeted for what he is.

They lived in the capital for two years, Night working as a hunter during his namesake while his father worked during the day. They would be separated for days at a time, the Half Blood often returning with small deer or a string of rabbits. They made a fair living, saving to buy a horse so that Night might travel further and carry more home. This was until Night’s father was killed in a bar brawl gone wrong. Night returned home to an empty home and no father. His next door neighbour was kind enough to tell him the grave news.

He couldn’t stay. Night sold the home he had made with his father, moving away to Nyka in hopes of a new beginning. A few weeks after moving there, he left, selling all of his possessions to live like a true Zith would. For a year, he lived as his mother’s people did, living in a cave during the day and hunting during the night. It was a feral living and during that time, Night had almost succumbed to becoming a beastly creature.

A dream of his father saved him. The old man’s would not leave his sleeping self alone and soon, Night grew tired of the pestering presence. Again, he moved, returning to Syliras, buying a new property with the money from his life before becoming feral. There, he rebuilt his life, hunting once more. And there he remains, living the life his father wanted for him.

Training (Skills, Arcana, Gnosis, Lore)
    Skills
    • Tracking: 20/100 [20 SP]
    • Wilderness Survival: 10/100 [10 SP]
    • Unarmed Combat: 10/100 [10 SP]
    • Leatherworking: 5/100 [5 SP]
    • Disguise: 5/100 [5 SP]
    • Food Preservation: 10/100 [10 RB]

Lore
    • Intimate Knowledge of the Female Form[SP]
    • Zith Culture[SP]

Equipment and Possessions
  • 1 Set of Clothing: [SP]
    • 1 Leather Vest
    • 1 Loincloth
    • 1 Pair of Sandals
    • 1 Wool Cloak
  • 1 Waterskin [SP]
  • 1 Backpack Which Contains [SP]:
    • 1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
    • Food For a Week
    • 1 Eating Knife
    • Flint & Steel
  • 1 basic 20x20 single room cabin in Syliras (400 sq feet) with a hearth, bunk, chest, chair, and small table.
[*]1 Dagger [Purchased at Creation]
[*]1 Cat [Family Heirloom][/list]

Ledger
Current Amount: 198 gm
Living Expense: Common [135 gm/s (1.5gm/day)]

Thread List
[Flashback] People Hunting
[Bronze Wood] You're Kidding Me, Right? [Elliot/Open]
Last edited by Matthius on May 18th, 2010, 6:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Matthius
Unique, just like everybody else.

Words: 21106
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2010, 4:42 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Matthius Deacon

Postby Matthius on May 13th, 2010, 10:27 am

100 Questions About Me

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Matthius Deacon
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? Night. It’s my Zith name.
3. How old are you? Twenty winters have passed in my lifetime.
4. What is your height? Six feet, six inches.
5. What is your weight? I weigh one hundred and seventy pounds.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. I’m a mix of two races, one the hunter and the other the hunted. So I am neither and both at the same time. I’m similar to the Myrian people in that I eat others of my kind and yet don’t consider them the same to me.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. An abomination, a creature to be despised, hated and feared.
3. What is your favorite body feature? I like every part of my body evenly. Without one part, another wouldn’t work as well.
4. How physically fit are you? As fit as I need to be. This is a harsh world and my body adjusts as I need it to.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? I don’t dress most of the time. Humans don’t seem to like this, so when I’m with them, I’ll wear what clothes I have.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? My mother was a Zith named Bloodfang. She was like any other Zith. My father was Deacon Brenton. He was a slave to the Zith, though he isn’t now. He was a human who feared and hated the Zith.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? I have a lot. Shall I name them all for you? Heh. Knowing my mother, I will have more that I don’t know of.
3. What is your extended family like? Like Zith. I don’t know my extended human family.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? I don’t have any friends, yet alone close ones. And the only family I ahve that I know of are Zith. I’m not close to either.
5. Do you treat animals like family? I typically treat them as they are. Food.

1. Where were you born? Your kind calls the place ‘Castle Xy’.
2. Where do you live now? Syliras, a human city.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? If I wanted to live somewhere other than here, why wouldn’t I be there now?
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? That depends where my next mate is.
5. Where do you fear to be? Why would I fear a place?

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) That depends on which view you are looking from. From a Zith’s point of view, I’m missing my wings and that in itself is a major physical weakness. But in the human sense, no, I’m not.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? In what context? Oh, writing. I write very little nowadays. Though I suppose you could say I am right handed.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I speak the tongue of the Zith and Common. When I speak as a Zith, I sound deaf as I can’t pronounce many things properly. In Common, I tend to roll my ‘R’s.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? How would I know if my mannerisms are odd or annoying? They wouldn’t seem odd or annoying to me.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ? Tattoos would be pointless as you would barely see them under my fur. As for piercings, no. I don’t find the idea of metal penetrating my flesh very appealing.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? I’m a hunter for now. I may become a Cicisbeo or a mercenary later.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? I don’t dislike it. I’m good at tracking down my prey and I am good at taking it down. It feeds me and gives me coin so I can keep my home.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? I would be a king, if I could be. I would have my own land and I would make the laws.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? I admire dancers. They move beautifully and with much control. In my mind, they are what the gods look like.
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why? A beggar. I could not for my life beg another for money or food. I would return to my feral life if I resorted to begging.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? I was a slow developer. After I turned four, my mother abandoned me to my father. I was a very unsuccessful child and if it weren’t for my father feeding me from his rations, I would have starved to death.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? Making my first kill unaided. It was a glorious rite of passage, per se, and I was never more proud of myself.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? Having my leg broken and left for dead.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? There was no relationship with my mother. She fed me and then left me. After that, she had nothing to do with me.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? My father. He taught me most of what I know of the human world.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? Nothing formal. I learnt by doing, watching and listening.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I really like learning. I feel almost human, or what I imagine it to feel like. One day, I would like to learn to dance like the dancers I have seen.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? As I said, by doing, watching and listening.
4. How do you learn best? Like they say, practice makes perfect.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? Apart from dancing? I would like to write my own book on life as a mixed blood. But to do that, I need to relearn how to write.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? No. I tend to eat them after a while.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? I trust people as much as they trust me. That said, it is not very much.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? Must I label everything about myself? I consider myself what you would call pansexual, if you must know. Why, would you like a good romping in the hay with me? I’m very silky to touch.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. Many times. I don’t remember the first, but I will tell you about the first time I remember. It was with a Zith female who was likely quite a few years my junior. She was a runt, an outcast like me. It was a hard, bruising kiss. Zith are not very gentle.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. Of course I have. I’m already twenty winters old. The first time (and this I do remember) was with one of the older females. She took a strange liking to me. It was a very rough, passionate affair. Zith are creatures of passion, believe it or not. Though I do admit, I was stiff and sore after I awoke.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. No, I haven’t. I’m curious as to what it would be like.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? I drink water and blood on a regular basis, if that’s what you mean.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? I don’t know. I’ve never had alcohol before.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? No, I’ve never heard of such a thing before.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. I don’t know. Never consumed them before.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? I like to stalk people, even if I don’t end up eating them. It let’s me practice my skills while I’m not working. I also like romping with people, human or otherwise, though I don’t think you could consider that a hobby.
2. Do you like to read? Yes, very much.
3. What annoys you more than anything else? Human females threatening their offspring with my taking them away during the night if they misbehave. I don’t exist merely for that purpose.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Run out in the moonlight. The night is very calming and the physical act of running clears the mind.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? I’m yet to experience the emotion of embarrassment.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? Black. It reminds me of night.
2. What is your favorite time of day? Midnight.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? The night sky on a cloudless night.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? I like to eat many things. Humans, horses, dogs... My favourite thing to eat is potatoes, though. I dislike eating most vegetables.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? When it’s dribbling cold rain. Most people don’t come out during that time and I can imagine that I am alone in the city.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? Optimistic. There is always good in every situation. You just have to look for it.
2. What are your religious views? I worship Akajia, Cheva, Nikali and Krysus. But I also believe in the Great Rending.
3. Would you be able to kill? I do it quite regularly, although not many of my kills are human.
4. What are your views on sex? Sex is a healthy thing. It creates new life and it forms bonds between people.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? The ability to keep yourself alive.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? The worst was killing my little sister. I didn’t mean for the blow to be directed at her. The best thing was given my father his freedom.
2. What is your greatest regret? Not leaving Xy earlier than I did.
3. What is your best/worst memory? My best memory was killing an annoying street urchin who continued to annoy me. She looked beautiful in death. My worst memory was almost being caught by a band of Drykas who caught me killing one of their young.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? One thing? I would have not killed my sister.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? Proving to my colony that I am a successful adult male.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? I don’t lie very often, so I’m likely to be blunt with you.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? Not particularly, no.
3. What makes you happy? A full gut and a warm, attractive person to curl up with.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? Death, obviously. I’d die for death.
5. What makes you angry? The fact people would kill me simply because of my blood.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? As I please.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? Nobody. I’m quite alone at the moment.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? there is no singular person. I respect the Akalak.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. No, I don’t. I suppose if I had to just have one for the rest of my life, they would be unpredictable and accept me for what I am.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? No. Who would protect an abomination?

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? Argue. I’m right most of the time.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? Perhaps. If the others I’m speaking with are physically weaker than me, then yes. Those who are stronger get right of way.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? It’s no different than interacting with a few people.
4. Do you care what others think of you? Not unless I want something from them.
5. What do you think of others, in general? I generally wonder what they would taste like and how they would perform in a more intimate affair.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? You consider me a person? How touching. I’m determined. I will chase whatever it is I’m doing until the very end if I set my mind to it.
2. What is your greatest weakness? I have very little understanding of human social customs and the like. That and I’m part Zith.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I’d rid myself of my wing stubs. They itch a great deal and are of no real use to me.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Extroverted. If I’m feeling something, you’ll now about it.
5. Are you generally organized or messy? I’m organised most of the time.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? Cheva.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? I don’t fear the gods. I’ve never done anything that would cause me to fear them.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? What are Gnosis Marks?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? As far as I’m willing to go.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? What I’m not willing to do.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? Simply to live.
2. What is the best part of life? Eating rich foods and enjoying it.
3. What is the best part of death? I will return to the soil and return to the cycle of life.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? I’d rather not die. But if I chose how I would die, it would be of old age, looking up at the starry sky.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? For simply being me. I have no wish for being famous.
Matthius
Unique, just like everybody else.

Words: 21106
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2010, 4:42 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet