About "NPCs"

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

About "NPCs"

Postby Briar Holden on September 21st, 2012, 3:07 pm

I read the page on the Wiki regarding NPCs, though I've a few questions to ask about those.

If, for instance, a character has had family members, friends or associates as part of their history prior to Character Creation but that either aren't alive or have moved on and won't appear in present-time roleplay, do you have to apply for them via the Help Desk?

Say you have these people in your history and they make appearences in Flashback threads, for example. Do they quality for "NPCs" then, or can you simply include these characters in your Flashbacks without having to get them approved first?

Again, provided these "NPCs" don't actually appear again in present time. For one reason or another.
Briar Holden
Player

Words: 56198
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2012, 2:27 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

About "NPCs"

Postby Evalin on September 21st, 2012, 3:34 pm

Hey Briar :)

Yes to both of your questions. Any NPC's that you will be using, Flashback or Otherwise, has to be approved through the HD. That has been my experience, but if someone more experienced comes along and corrects me then go with their advice :D

Have a great day :)
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

About "NPCs"

Postby Gossamer on September 21st, 2012, 3:43 pm

You need to go through the help desk and pretend they are alive because after all when you flash back, they are then currently alive in that timeframe... so they need all the relevant skills etc assigned them.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

About "NPCs"

Postby Briar Holden on September 21st, 2012, 5:18 pm

Alright! Thank you so much for the swift answers! ^_^

(I dig your avatar, Goss. Hurr hurr.)
Briar Holden
Player

Words: 56198
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2012, 2:27 pm