[Flashback] Similarly Fated (Volinir)

Where Ren acquires a life debt

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Renalee on August 26th, 2012, 7:33 pm

Love - that’s what he had called her. A warmth spread through Renalee’s entire body as she looked up to meet the Symenestra’s eyes. What she found there was genuine worry so the girl hurried to reassure him.
“It’s nothing.” She shook her head while a bright smile lit up her face. Love. “Just relief. I thought that, perhaps, when you found out, you’d look at me... differently.” With disgust. But he hadn’t. He had called her ‘love’ instead.

Ren realized she felt at peace while she listened to Volinir explain his plan for their immediate future. It would be dangerous, yes, and far from easy. They would be making sacrifices on a daily basis and live in constant fear of being captured again. They would face hunger, and poverty, and cruelty. For anyone else it would have been a horrifying concept. For Ren it was really simple - they would be together. That was all she really needed.

When Volinir spoke of the one who had dared to call himself his master she recognized the name. Nitrozian. She remembered the slavers that had captured her speaking of the powerful Ravokian family. She had heard little of the conversations and remembered even less, swinging between consciousness and unconsciousness as she had been, but remembered talk of some sort of institute that experimented on others of her kind. That family was somehow linked to it.

Ren couldn’t stop her angry hiss at the thought of her loved one in the hands of that horrible unknown man... being branded. When she saw Volinir’s gaze fall to the half sun tattoo the girl hurried to put her hand over the mark, hiding it from view.
“You don’t need to think about this. You’ve suffered enough. Not anymore.”

As if in response Volinir’s mouth found her skin again, tracing a burning path across her arm and to her lips. Ren kissed him with that desperate need which every one of his touches seemed to bring. It was possessive and rough and it was as if she was trying to destroy the memories of being trapped with that single action. The man pulled back but didn’t go very far, forehead resting on hers.

"We'll make it, Renalee...I know it.”

Her hold on his hand tightening for a moment Ren brough it to her bare chest and kept it over her heart.
“Yes,” she whispered against his lips a certain finality to her voice. “We are. We have to.”
Renalee
The call of the wild

Words: 80614
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2012, 10:34 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Persona on September 30th, 2012, 2:50 pm

Thread Award!

Renalee:

Skills:
Observation +2
Escape Artist +1
Interrogation +2
Seduction +2
Stealth +1

Lores:
Volinir the Symenestra
Knowledge of Volinir’s Body
Symenestra Horror Stories
What Love Is

Extras:
Possession Altered: Tunic becomes Shredded Tunic

Volinir Orchid:

Skills:
Persuasion +1
Seduction +1
Lovemaking +1
Interrogation +1

Lores:
How to Cut Shackles With a File
How to Tell Whether You’ve Killed a Woman with Sex
Renalee the Kelvic

Extras:
Possession Added: a metal file

Notes:
A comment on your ledger: I noticed you're taking Squalor living expenses. This is fine if you role-play the lifestyle of abject poverty, but given that you actually have an income, it seems more realistic to be living at least at the Poor level.

This was a cute thread. :) I hope Ren and Volinir stick together for a long time.
Just a quick note for future reference; the city is not dirty or grimy. There are slaves who sweep the streets all day and generally keep the city very clean. ;) For more insight into how awesome and pretty Ravok is, feel free to read the creator’s interpretation. :)

If you feel this grade was unfair in any way, or would like to request changes to this grade, please feel free to PM me and we can discuss it.
Persona
The Wildcard

Words: 41121
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2012, 9:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous