Hania

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Hania

Postby Hania on May 14th, 2010, 5:24 am

Hania, of The Hunters In Darkness

Basic Information

Race:Myrian
Birthday & Age :Season of Summer, 42nd Day, 483av (27yrs old)
Living Expense: Poor

Physical Description
175 pounds of quiet, well contained, rage. Unlike many Myrians Han is on the shorter side measuring in at 5’6” on a good day, 5’4” every other day. His uncharacteristic height is further offset by solid arms and legs where chords of thick muscle run rampant under skin that does not even hint at the untapped strength. Likewise his chest and abdomen do not follow the standard V cut of Myrian warriors. Instead it remains stalwart, lean, well toned, and trim.

Having looked like an “easy” challenge his whole life Han bears the scars of countless fights with childhood bullies, to battlefield encounters, most extensively on his hands. From forearm to elbow, and knee to shin, also have a scattered array of light scaring though most of those are hidden under extensive Myrian tattooing. Possibly the most distinct feature one would notice first is Hania’s one pearly blue eye. Once he bore a set of beautifully green eyes, dappled with brown, but after a particularly nasty fight with an encroaching Zith slaver the right side of his face was scarred and his eye affected as well. He still has full use of his eye except during dusk and dawn, where he is unable to focus his sight on anything, and life becomes a blur of colors.

He wears his dark brown hair to shoulder length down the middle usually kept in a tail, or braid, and moderately cropped on the side of his head. He’s formed a ring of eagle feathers that he wears in his hair most of the time. Other trophies, trinkets, and rare items have been turned into jewelry or clothing and each bearing extreme sentimental value and a unique story. When applicable, which is usually when he’s in town, Han prefers the baggy pants worn during the fire dance and shabby shirts mostly because they hide his failed past which is detailed in his tattoos. Otherwise he can be found in a leather vest, if anything at all, and ¾ length trousers; along with his usual assortment of kit, and adornments.

Character Concept
Few things in Hania’s life are as solid as his belief in adaptability. He continually studies himself each day in order to better adapt who he is, to what’s around him. Perhaps one of the most noticeable traits he applies this to is social interaction. Han prefers to listen when given the chance but blathering on isn’t beyond his ability, when he needs to be heard for whatever reason. He likes to tell children stories his elders told him, to teach people what he knows, and have rambling conversations over a cup of mead, or liquor; and the occasional joke isn’t to be left out either. What he does talk of tends to be philosophical in nature only because it is such a foreign concept for him. War, fighting, crafting, strategy, they all come as easily to Han as walking and he has no interest in discussing things already well known to him.

Even though Han sometimes thinks outside of his comfort zone he is practical and efficient to the core. When he sets off to do something he does it right the first time and might consider doing it again just to be sure. Nothing goes to waist if he can help it, he might spend three or four days in the jungle farming a single kill if it’s big enough. When he hunts he leaves no room for mercy or sport, a far contrast to what he used to be like. He abides by Taloba’s few laws so long as everyone else does; the cost of his retribution is more than the offender can pay. He is kind enough as far as Myrians go though short of friends and family, yet this does not deter him. Emotions are usually kept close to his chest leaving the blank craggy face in a perpetual half frown. Like the Tigers, Hania harbors not a single drop of fear in his body even if he stood toe to toe with Myri; but he is wise enough to respect and adhere to his people’s customs. He doesn’t back down unless he is literally commanded to by a superior, and when he serves someone his loyalty is downright unshakable.

Character History
Some say it is better to be lucky, than good. Hania is one of these people. When he was a child Han struggled to keep on even ground with other, taller, kids his own age and sometimes younger. There were stretches of days where a tussle happened at least once if not multiple times. To further his tribulations Han’s family grandmother took a particular disliking to him because of his father. His mother’s side of the family were die hard militants where more than half made a career out of serving. However Han’s father lost the use of one leg when he angered a Tiger Cub, before he’d served his three years. So all the frustration from the family matriarch, and his mother’s own aggravation at her husband, all settled on Han’s shoulders. He jokes that the pressure is what kept him from growing to the height he should have.

However, in early years, Han had an unwavering ability to find the silver lining of everything and instead of folding under severe expectancies he used them as motivation. The scuffles began to dwindle as Han became more adept at fighting and lost the childish fear of hurting someone else. By 14 there wasn’t anyone in his age bracket that hadn’t learned their lessons when it came to harassing him. Even though his father needed a crutch to walk he kept a close relationship with Han, often taking him into the jungle and divulging all the information he knew about it. Everything, every challenge that was put before Han was eagerly tackled and quickly mastered. At 16 Hania was making trips into the deep jungle with older teens hunting for bloodbill, and Charodae. Try as he might to prove himself worthy of his grandmother’s name she wouldn’t see reason, and by the time of her death the damage had become irreversible. The whole extent of his family merely tolerated him, even his sisters and younger brother reflected the minimal acknowledgment of him. Even his countless hours practicing his war dance, and the fire dance did nothing for them

The very minute he could Han started his term of service in the military, and things began to change. His zeal to improve himself impressed the officers, and his loyalty to the friends he made quickly positioned him as “Invaluable”. The sure sign of a bright future in the military came when he impressed on his first Tiger, Kita. Everything was looking better, his family started to encourage him, he was almost done climbing up from the bottom of the well. A Kelvic guardian the new family matriarch had approached him, an eagle, and she quickly became a pillar of his life. When he reached 23 his father died of complications caused by his leg and just after his mother was eaten by a Dhani. Heartbroken and enraged into a blood frenzy Hania thundered away on Kita, in search of the Dhani, the Kelvic eagle soaring at his side. The might of all he learned from father, fighting, and the military was brought to bear and the Dhani’s fate was sealed. However his Kelvic companion was fatally wounded in the fight with the giant snake, and his Tiger, Kita, thrown to one side and impaled on a dead log. Fate it seemed to have come back with vengeance.

It was that day Han lost his faith in the gods, when all he had earned through hard work and perseverance was taken away in six minutes time. He cut his mother out of the snake’s belly, took two ribs and two teeth from the snake, and left the rest of the corpse to rot in the sun, not even worthy to eat. It took him a week to carry all three bodies back to Taloba where Kita and his mother were set alight, and he buried the Kelvic after taking some of her feathers. Even though he single-handedly killed a constrictor Dhani he lost a Tiger and his family matriarch’s guardian. There was no rebuilding the praise and acceptance he had earned from his family. To this day his little brother will not talk to him and only one of his sisters allows him to stay with her new family if it’s raining and he happens to be in town. Ashamed of himself and ashamed to have embarrassed his family Hania cut his hair short. It is still longer than a slave’s hair because he is Myrian and because he hasn’t given up. There is enough fight in his heart to last him several lifetimes. Han retreated to the jungle where he hunts and giving everything, save what he eats, back to Taloba. Along with his hunting Han patrols the northern pass when in the area, watches the east dock on occasion, tracks down and dispatches any intruders he may happen across. Many say that Hania is running away from his mistakes, his past, he has his own opinion on the matter but will admit that he is mastering control of his temper.

Training
Tracking +10 (Racial Bonus) +3
Hunting +7 +3
Wilderness Survival (Forest) +13 +1
Brawling +5
Unarmed Combat +5
Daggers (Tamo)+5
Half Spear +15 +2
Interrogation +2
Herbalism +1
Plant Identification +1

Lore
Knowledge of Taloba
Knowledge of Wilderness Survival

Equipment and Possessions
Half Spear +1gm
Tamo +20gm
Survival Kit (Starting Package) :
  • Flint and Steel
  • Snare Wire
  • Fish Line and Hooks
  • Canvas Tarp
  • 2 Lengths of Standard Rope (2x 20ft)
  • Needle and Thread
  • Spare Eating Knife
  • Bone Machete
  • Small Vile of Alcohol
  • Small Emergency Water Skin

Leather Vest (Starting Package)
Pants (Starting Package)
Leather Belt (Starting Package)
Water Skin (Starting Package)

Ledger
+100 Mizas (Starting Package)
+500 Mizas (No Cottage)
Total: 200 Bikka
After Expenses and Living Costs
-21gm -45gm
-45gm for Living Conditions
New Total: 163 Bikka

Thread List
Thread Status
Heart of the Wild Fin
A Day In The LifeLive
Bringing Home The BaconLive
Jewel of the JungleLive
The Rain FestivalLive
Nothing Like The Hunting Of MenLive
Last edited by Hania on July 11th, 2010, 4:05 am, edited 9 times in total.
Hania
Evil Twin

Words: 67496
Joined roleplay: May 14th, 2010, 3:40 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Hania

Postby Hania on May 14th, 2010, 6:46 pm

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
  • Hania. The Hunters in Darkness.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
  • We don't speak of this topic. Ever. Again. Yes?
3. How old are you?
4. What is your height?
  • Five ten, on a good day.
5. What is your weight?
  • 175 pounds

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
  • It's not often I get to look in a mirror, and staying near the water too long is dangerous but...last time I did look I was this side of ugly, but vertical and walking. That's what matters to me.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
  • Why don't you ask them? I'm not a mind reader.
3. What is your favorite body feature?
  • My hands. They remind me of what I have done, and what I can do.
4. How physically fit are you?
  • Very.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
  • I dress with what is functional in the jungle. When I'm home it's usually loose, relaxed clothing.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
  • My parents are dead. Everything else is personal.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
  • Three older sisters, and one younger brother. But I try not to bother them too much.
3. What is your extended family like?
  • In Talboa? We are Myrian so we are family.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
  • In my book family is thicker than blood. Any close friend I have is as good as family to me.
5. Do you treat animals like family?
  • If the animal proves its self then it is a friend but not a close friend.

• In Talboa.
2. Where do you live now?
  • Where I lay my head is as good a home as any.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
  • I have not seen the lands outside of Falyndar so I can not speak of everything but why would you want to live anywhere else?
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
  • Laziness will be the death of you where I live.
5. Where do you fear to be?
  • At my rope's end. Broken.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
  • I have a museum of scars, otherwise I am fit and able.
2. Are you right handed or left handed?
  • You can....write with your left hand?
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
  • I speak my native tongue first. My common isn't perfect but like I said, I've not been out of my land's boundaries so I don't really know how I sound to other people. I think I sound just fine.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
  • I'm sure I have more than others and less than some, but none that I am aware of.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?
  • My ears are pierced and gauged mostly becuase I like them that way. My story is in my tattoos and no, you can't see them, so don't ask.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
  • Hunting, scouting, and keeping the trees clean from curious wanderers.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
  • If it's classified as work I tend to like it. Hunting is something to do, but here it challenges you to use all you have learned to reach your goal. Not many things provide such a stable work place.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
  • I see nothing wrong with the way I am.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
  • This is personal, don't ask again.
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?
  • I've never been a slave but I'm sure it's something I would hate.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
  • Scuffed up, picked on, hated, mistrusted, but no one got the better of me.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
  • Hahaha. That'd be the day I put the crook in Sala The Slitted Throat's nose. She was talking about my father and I old her to stop. She put me on my back, then I put my fist in her face. She's never gotten over her bent nose.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
  • The day my brother and sister got their Riamm, I was given the sick one. It died in my hands two hours later....Can we move on?
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
  • Again. Dead.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?
  • My father. He never gave up despite how people treated him.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
  • A very good one. I know of the Jungle, how to walk in it, to live off of it, how to fight and kill. When I want to learn more I will go off to learn more.
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
  • A warrior is never done learning. The day he thinks he knows enough is the day he dies.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
  • My father showed me many things about the Jungle, I practiced them with hunting parties, and then after my service I came back to practice them more.
4. How do you learn best?
  • Listening, watching, examining, mimicking, and repetition. Any other method is only memorization, not learning.
5. What are your educational goals for the future?
  • I will learn everything I can until I die or until my head can't hold any more.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
  • I have done so in the past. It is our nature to want companions.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
  • I trust Myrians easier than others. Of Myrians, I don't trust any with my life.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
  • Straight. Move on.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
  • Soft. Warm. Wet. Is there another way?
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.
  • Ask more along this line and dismemberment is in your immanent future.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
  • I have never, nor will ever be drunk. It clouds the mind and if I can't take care of myself I won't be able to take care of those around me. More over more than one drink has negative affects on my system.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
  • A single drink does not go awry, no.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
  • Hard spirits. The burning lets you know your still alive.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
  • Again, I will not allow myself to lose control. Losing control is for people wanting to escape from reality, but they have to come back sometime, and that is twice as hard as dealing with it in the first place.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.
  • My body and mind are my greatest weapons, I must respect them. Drinking and drugs is akin to letting a sword rust and break.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
  • Braiding.
2. Do you like to read?
  • I read when I have to learn something.
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
  • People who give up, want to escape their lives, and suicide. They are all cowards.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
  • Sleeping is quite nice.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?
  • If they embarrass me why would I speak of them?

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
  • Green.
2. What is your favorite time of day?
  • Just after mid day.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
  • Personal. Are you almost done with your questions?
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
  • I like fish. I could eat fish every day, it's high in protein and one of the cleanest meats around. I hate eating ants.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?
  • All of the weather in Falyndar is welcome.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
  • I deal with what is in front of me. Nothing more, nothing less.
2. What are your religious views?
  • Religion has it's place. For me, I believe in something else.
3. Would you be able to kill?
  • The only thing I can not kill is myself.
4. What are your views on sex?
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?
  • Everyone has to find out for themselves, because each answer will be different.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
  • I'm not telling you.
2. What is your greatest regret?
  • Leave it alone.
3. What is your best/worst memory?
  • Stop.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
  • I'm gunna gut you in three seconds.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
  • They will know what they need to know.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
  • It is hard for me to trust outsiders. Dhani are only good to run your blade through. And I wish the Charodae would stand up for themselves, they're good at what they do, but stupid otherwise.
3. What makes you happy?
  • Doing.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
  • I would die for several things, none of them public knowledge.
5. What makes you angry?
  • Cowards. And too many questions....

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
  • Fair and equally.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
  • I have myself, for now.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
  • My Father.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
  • You think you would have learned I'm not going to answer this question by now.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
  • I have myself. If I can't do it, I won't ask anyone else to.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
  • Conflict is how society grows, we need to have it. As for me, I will follow my instincts and my mind.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
  • I like to lead small groups. Anything more than six and I don't feel that you lose sight of the people next to you.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
  • A festival or happy occasion is welcome, otherwise everyone starts bickering and that's when I tend to leave.
4. Do you care what others think of you?
  • They have their opinions, as I have mine. Don't force yours on me and we'll be right as rain.
5. What do you think of others, in general?
  • Some are bright, and some are dim but we all have a place and those that need to go will. The wonderful thing about nature is that you can't beat it.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
  • I don't give up.
2. What is your greatest weakness?
  • I'm not making that public knowledge. Bad tactic.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
  • I would not be who I am if things aren't the way they are, I am happy with myself.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
  • Luckily I can be either. I like time to myself as much as being around others, but too much of one or the other makes me....cranky.
5. Are you generally organized or messy?
  • Organized people are just too lazy to look for things.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
  • You can pray all day but in the end the way of things is what really happens.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
  • I have no fear.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
  • No and I don't want anything to do with them.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
  • I have none.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?
  • I just said I don't have one....you're touched, aren't you?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
  • Life.
2. What is the best part of life?
  • The purity that exists in a single breath.
3. What is the best part of death?
  • I don't know, I've never died before.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
  • Quick, fast, and in a hurry. Preferably with a blade in my hand.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
  • To be remembered at all is enough. If for good then I will be proud I did a good thing, if for bad then perhaps others can learn from my mistakes.
Hania
Evil Twin

Words: 67496
Joined roleplay: May 14th, 2010, 3:40 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Scrapbook