[Verified by Kraken] Vaewe

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Vaewe

Postby Vaewe on October 5th, 2012, 6:30 pm

Vaewe

Basic Information

Name: Vaewe (Vahy-way)
Race: Akvatari
Birthday: 3rd of Summer, 493 AV

~

Appearance

Vaewe has a square jaw, high cheekbones and a slightly upturned nose. His features are angular, and rather delicate looking. The young Akvatari has wide, watery blue eyes and high set, arching eyebrows that look inquisitive and slightly astonished by the world around him. His skin is pale and his lips are plump, the hair on his head is soft and fine, a light shade of brown.

As Vaewe passed through his teens the lithe muscles on his small frame began to show some tone, and though the boy looks anything but powerful his body has finally begun to seem fit rather than weak.

The fur on Vaewe's tail is mottled like a Weddell seal, with dark, steely grey patches splattered across a creamy underside. His wings are spotted too, though these markings are a blend between the colors of his fur and hair, a soft grey with hints of brown set against white wings.

Hardly one of the more colorful of his kin Vaewe makes up for his subtle hues with his "clothing". When he wears anything at all it is usually a small band or piece of cord around his arms or neck, most often a strip of fabric whose color and texture impressed him, or a string of found objects that caught his eye and begged to be arranged against his skin. He seems to favor brightly colored items and unusual textures.

~

Concept

In progress

~

History

In progress

Bookkeeping

Languages :
Common- Fluent
Kontinese- Basic
Arumenic- Poor

Please note that fluency levels for Vaewe are more like literacy levels, they guage the number of words he knows and can read and write. He can also lip read in Common (and make educated guesses in Kontinese), though due to the nature of lip reading this isn't as reliable as having someone write him a note. He rarely speaks any of these and can only reliably pronounce Common, assume that his spoken abilities (as well as lip reading accuracy) in a language are one below the fluency level listed.

Skills :
Artistic
Pottery155 SP, 10 RB
Weaving1515 SP
Jewel Crafting1010 SP
Sewing1010 SP

Social
Skill#Source/Level

Other
Philtering55 SP
Geology55 SP

Lores :
  • Charades 101 - Communicating without words
  • Konti Culture - Basic

Abilities :
Konti Gift - Sense of Sound

Nine years on Mura have given Vaewe an unusual ability. Though the Akvatari is still profoundly deaf, sound has been let into his life, through the senses he already has.

Sounds express themselves to Vaewe as colors, tastes, smells and textures, and on rare occasions a powerful voice will cause Vaewe to experience a physical reaction. The Akvatari experiences speech in several layers. The first sensations that he encounters are associated with the voice speaking to him. Most often the qualities of the voice manifest themselves as scents and textures, though Vaewe has reported seeing and tasting several voices. More often though it is the tone of voice that gives Vaewe a strong impression of color, and is sometimes accompanied by a bodily reaction, such as feeling extremely warm or itchy. Of course, each voice and every speaker is different and the mixture of sensations is rarely repeated between conversations. Despite this Vaewe's reactions are consistent, and a voice that smelled of lavender and tickled the back of his throat one day will not be represented by hot flashes and bitter tastes the next. Volume increases the intensity of these sensations.

This ability has been extremely useful for Vaewe in terms of his abilities to understand those who won’t write or sign to him. It has also made certain situations a trial. Market places and other loud crowded areas can become entirely overwhelming, preventing his senses from delivering any actually useful information to the Akvatari. Sometimes even a single voice is too overpowering. Vaewe has occasionally broken out in hives and rashes when confronted with loud, anxious and irritated voices.

Voices are the only type of sound that have this effect on the Akvatari, just like sound the effects diminish with distance, though the range in greatly decreased, even being at the opposite end of a large room may be enough to “silence” the gift.

Possessions :
Clothing
  • 1 small necklace of pierced shell fragments of varying shades of pink and white, a small white scallop shell with a shiny pink underside hangs in the middle. - Starting Pack
  • 1 long leather cord that reaches the bottom of the sternum with a large, polished abalone shell on it. - Starting Pack
  • A tight cord that fits snuggly about the neck, strung with small dark grey and blue beach pebbles. Matching bracelet. - Starting Pack
  • A medium length with four large, smooth green stones evenly spaced on the thread. - Starting Pack
  • A large cotton scarf. Heliotrope with lavender flowering designs throughout. - Starting Pack
Tools, Supplies & Equipment
  • Loom - Purchased
  • Embroidery Kit - Heirloom
  • Pottery wheel (handspun fastwheel) - Purchased

Other
  • 5 pieces of Chalk - Purchased
  • 1 small tablet of slate - Purchased
  • 1 quill - Purchased
  • 1 vial black ink - Purchased
  • 15 sheets parchment - Purchased
  • Waterskin - Starting Package
  • Satchel & Contents- Starting Package

Housing
  • Private Room in Ahnatep

Ledger :
100 gmStarting PackageN/A
-5 gmLoomN/A
-25 gmPottery WheelN/A
-1 gmMortar and PestleN/A
-5 cmChalkN/A
-2 smSlateboardN/A
-3 gmParchmentN/A
-2 gmInkN/A
-5 cmQuillN/A
63 gm, 7 smTotalN/A

Threadlist

Fall, 512 AV :
29th of Fall Show me your colors (Bina) Incomplete
40th of Fall sound of stars (Chiaja) Incomplete
47th of Fall banquet of the dreamer (Chiaja, Druna, Kirvan) Incomplete
65th of Fall Color me... What? (Treksha) Incomplete

Flashbacks :

Timeline

Last edited by Vaewe on November 7th, 2012, 6:26 am, edited 19 times in total.

This PC is deaf, he can lip-read a little in Common and Konti, but don't count on that being reliable.

Though he cannot hear your voice he has a konti gift that allows him to sense the quality and tone of the spoken word. If you want input into how Vaewe perceives your PC's voice make a little OOC note describing what it sounds like the first time they speak. Or write if out in your post.[/center]
Vaewe
Always bewtifuwl.

Words: 23513
Joined roleplay: October 4th, 2012, 12:43 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Vaewe

Postby Vaewe on October 11th, 2012, 7:32 pm

NPCs

Qe'eluton :
Qe’eluton

71st of Winter, 466 AV – 1st of Spring, 512 AV

Qe’eluton, or Qe’el, was Vaewe’s father, and it is very likely he was the source of the boy’s stubbornness, though perhaps, his passion as well. Qe’el called himself an “artist historian”, and tasked himself with preserving the stories and lives of Mizaharans, as well as beautifying them. It could never been said how factual his biographies and histories were, fact and rumor were most likely the inspiration and nothing more for many of his works. But what Qe’el wrote was beautiful, in the mind and on paper. Unfortunately, he only seemed interested in tragedies, and if a life did not end in a sufficiently depressing manner he was not beyond “encouraging the hidden truths to speak.”

As a father Qe’el was strict, and though not cruel his love for Vaewe was not always well expressed. He thought it imperative that his son not be handicapped by an inability to communicate and began teaching his son to read and write soon after he and his mate, Peora, learned of Vaewe’s deafness. It is difficult to tell if Qe’el was ever satisfied with the results of his efforts, Vaewe could read and write at a very young age, though not until the two spent time in Mura did his writing seem truly meaningful. And the child always preferred other methods, like gesturing, which Qe’el felt would be inadequate in later life. He attempted to discourage these, but it was impractical to avoid them entirely. He was always one of the first to assert Vaewe’s right to make his own decisions, though he was unable to defend the child from his own strong personality.

Qe’el died during the Great Djed Storm.

Skills
  • Calligraphy - 20
  • Composition - 15
  • Writing – 15

Caesta :
Caesta

23rd of Fall, 477 - Present

Caesta was a young Konti when she was introduced to Vaewe. The boy had been causing trouble for the healers at the Opal Order when a friend recommended that she look at him because of her special abilities. The young woman quickly took an interest in the child and adopted him as a sort of project, attempting to teach him to communicate and building up the socialization skills his father had sorely neglected.

A very soft-spoken Konti, Caesta prefers quiet time by her loom or in the garden to almost anything else. Though she has been marked by Rak’keli Caesta has never taken in a strong interest in healing, as close contact with the sick an injured is deeply upsetting to her.

This is because of her Konti Gift, which is the same reason that Vaewe was sent to her. With skin to skin contact Caesta can “hear” the foremost thought in a person’s mind. This is not the same as being able to read minds. The thought is brought to her as the person would be experiencing it, which can supply the Konti with nothing more than a garbled mess if the other person’s experiences or frame of mind are beyond her comprehension. It also literally means whatever is foremost in their minds. A person could be reciting their life’s work but if they are especially distracted by an itch above their left ankle when Caesta touches them, that is what she will receive.

Caesta left Mura to answer the Call in the Spring of 510 AV.

Skills
  • Weaving - 25
  • Sewing/Embroidery – 15
  • Teaching - 10
Last edited by Vaewe on October 13th, 2012, 9:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

This PC is deaf, he can lip-read a little in Common and Konti, but don't count on that being reliable.

Though he cannot hear your voice he has a konti gift that allows him to sense the quality and tone of the spoken word. If you want input into how Vaewe perceives your PC's voice make a little OOC note describing what it sounds like the first time they speak. Or write if out in your post.[/center]
Vaewe
Always bewtifuwl.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Vaewe

Postby Vaewe on October 11th, 2012, 7:34 pm

The Interview

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Vaewe
   2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? No, that would be pointless. My father had a sign for me though.
   3. How old are you? Nineteen
   4. What is your height? If I stretch out on the sand I am five feet and ten inches long from flipper tip to the top of my head.
   5. What is your weight? I weigh one hundred and twenty seven pounds.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. I am nothing special to look at, unless you have never seen an Akvatari before. Perhaps I am unusually pale, but I look how I feel, and I show my colors. I am healthier now than I used to be, I look it and I like that.
   2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.Pale, quiet. Sickly, strange. Caesta called me "sullen" once.
   3. What is your favorite body feature?I do not like my body, everyone has one and mine is nothing special, though it can be especially irksome. I like what I can add to it, my bands, strings and beads.
   4. How physically fit are you? I am not. I can swim and fly enough, and I am no longer so sick. But I get tired, and sometimes it is like when I was young, and I feel ill.
   5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?Dress might not be the right word. I make bands of cloth for my arms and chest, or strings of beads, shells and stones. I will wear what I feel on any day, if I need to wear anything. If I do not have it, I will find something to make what I need.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? My mother's name is Peora, I do not know her well. She was did not raise me, but visited me when I was young. I have hardly seen her since returning from Mura. I am told she has a beautiful voice, and sings sad, lovely songs.

My father, Qe'eluton, raised me and taught me to read and write, as I am doing now. He brought me to Mura to become healthy. I believe he was fond of me, but I do not know if you would say we were close. He did not really speak to me. He worshiped Eyris and was a historian. He believed that the stories of the world needed to be saved, and be beautified.

2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? I believe my mother may have had another after me. I do not know its name.
   3. What is your extended family like? I am an Akvatari, that is a useless question.
   4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? My father and my friend gave me different things, but they both keep me alive. Caesta spoke to me more, she taught me feelings and weaving. I miss her. I do not know if I miss my father.
   5. Do you treat animals like family? Do you ask this because I have a tail and wings? They remind some people of animals.

2. Where do you live now? I have found a room in Ahnatep.
   3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? I chose to move to Ahnatep, does that tell you?
   4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? I like the sea shore, and the feelings that I find there.
   5. Where do you fear to be? Where people can not speak to me. Father is dead, Caesta is a pilgrim. I am there now.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) I am fit now, but I often get sick. I was always sick when I was a child, it is the reason I cannot hear now.
   2. Are you right handed or left handed? I use both hands, to speak, to weave, to shape and make. My right hand is first though.
   3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I speak signs with Caesta and my father when he would listen. I write in Common and Konti, and can guess words from speakers faces and lips, sometimes. I can say some words, but I do not like to because of the faces people make. I could not tell you what I sound like. The words Caesta used were rough, uneven, blurry. I think she meant "not right."
   4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? People think I am odd. How I speak is odd, my father was annoyed by it, I think. People do not have the patience to speak to me. Caesta and my father thought it was odd that I wear my feelings.
   5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? No, because I could not change it for my feelings.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? I am hoping to sell what I make in Ahnatep. I make cloth and pottery, sometimes I make jewelry.
   2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? My work is my life and my words. I would not survive without it.
   3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? I would be understood. But that is not your question. I am already doing what I want to.
   4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? Master weavers astound me. I would like to meet a Symenestra.
   5. What occupation do you lest like? Why? I can not appreciate a singer or a musician unless I touch them. They do not usually like that.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? My father said I was smart and I was trouble. I did not like people, and I bit the first Konti I met. I liked to be alone, and make things that I understood, and I liked to learn.
   2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? I found some clay and created a small dish, which I brought to my father. He smiled and set it aside. A month later a book came from Zeltiva, he often bought books from there. He gave it to me. It was on pottery.
   3. What is your worst memory from childhood? I did not like my childhood. I did not like my letter exercises in the evening. I had to practice for three bells after dinner.
   4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? I do not have a relationship with my mother, and I did not as a child. My father took care of me and taught me a lot. He was proud of what he taught me to do, but he did not like much of what I did on my own. I do not think he understood it.
   5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? Caesta taught me how to be with people. She began to open up my world beyond my father, the seashore and my slateboard.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? I have been trained in weaving and pottery. My father worked to teach me to read and write since I was a very young child. I have not had many other teachers.
   2. Do you like/dislike learning? I like learning, I like investigating and knowing. I do not like being taught. Caesta thought I had control issues. My father said I am stubborn.
   3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? I taught myself. I explored and watched and felt. I tried to listen to instructions when other people provided them. My father was a great instructor.
   4. How do you learn best? With my hands and my eyes. I need to touch and do, that I why I never read or wrote as well as my father wished, though I did learn.
   5. What are your educational goals for the future? I want to learn more about making and improve my skills in communicating. I have gone to Ahnatep to learn, they are supposed to like fine things and color there. I would like to learn about that.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? No, people are not willing to spend the time to get to know me and I am not good at understanding other people.
   2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? No, I do not know what they are saying when they try, how can I know if they are deceiving me?
   3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? I have not thought about it much. I have only ever kissed a woman.
   4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. I have kissed Caesta. It has always been confusing. I would rather not say more.
   5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. No.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. I have never been allowed to drink.
   2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? Water.
   3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? I would not know.
   4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? The Konti occasionally gave me sedatives. I would not call that trying.
   5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. I am interested, it is not something I have explored yet.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? If weaving and pottery are my job, making my colors is a hobby.
   2. Do you like to read? No, it makes me anxious. But I will if it will tell me something I want to know.
   3. What annoys you more than anything else? When others fill in the blanks I cannot.
   4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? I like looking for new things, especially in the sea. Or making my art.
   5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? My voice, and when I do something wrong that I do not understand. Though that happens less, Caesta taught me a lot.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? I cannot pick one, I need them all. I enjoy when the day is light green and periwinkle.
   2. What is your favorite time of day? Sunrise and the morning, and the hour before sleep.
   3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? Caesta had a shawl made from Symenestra silk, it was lovely.
   4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? I like fish, when it is fresh. I do not like bread, it is too pale.
   5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? I do not like clear hot days, but they do not scare me. I like days with cool, wet winds, and some clouds.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? I would say realistic, Caesta says that's pessimistic.
   2. What are your religious views? My father raised me around Eyris, and on Mura I learned of a different god, Nysel. I need to learn more about his world.
   3. Would you be able to kill? I have killed fish, I do not know about a person.
   4. What are your views on sex? No one has ever spoken to me about it. I suppose it is a good thing.
   5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? The ability to do whatever you want.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
   2. What is your greatest regret?
   3. What is your best/worst memory?
   4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
   5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? I do not deliberately hide much, perhaps I would if things were easier to say in the first place.
   2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? I usually assume others are assuming I'm an idiot or incapable. Does that count. I'm wary of someone who likes to give orders.
   3. What makes you happy?
   4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
   5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
   2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
   3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
   4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
   5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
   2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
   3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
   4. Do you care what others think of you?
   5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
   2. What is your greatest weakness?
   3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
   4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
   5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
   2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
   3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
   4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
   5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
   2. What is the best part of life?
   3. What is the best part of death?
   4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
   5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?

Vaewe
Always bewtifuwl.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets