Flashback I feel so Domineered, Part 2

Ialari's work with Dominion continues further.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

I feel so Domineered, Part 2

Postby Ialari Pythone on November 26th, 2012, 11:33 am

Continued from here...

Ialari gave the interior of the lockbox one last look to make sure she hadn't missed anything and that all of the lines and vertices were properly spaced with intact patterns. Then she examined the specific patterns that ran around the seal between the lid and the rest of the box. Unlike the other doors she had established, this one was much smaller and required even more detailed work than the rest of the box interior. She compared her work on the door with the scrolls to make sure that she hadn't missed anything. She was relieved to have correctly formed the right lines in the right patterns with the proper angles. Satisfied that it all looked alright, she gathered the scrolls next to her and placed them back in the scrollcase. She then took the box from where it sat and placed it in her lap.

WIth the box opened in her lap, she began the oath.

I, Ialari Pythone, vouch for this space to be remade,
remade with the strength of my will,
remade by my hands,
remade by my blood,
remade in my Dominion."

Ialari waited for a few moments. When nothing happened, an empty feeling began to form in her gut. At the last moment before she nearly gave in to the idea of potential failure, pin-points of light began to glow where the vertices had been drawn followed by the various lines igniting one by one until the entire series of meshed patterns were glowing at once. This lasted only briefly before fading and going dark. Now came the wait. It could be hours or, as in previous instances, days before any further sign appeared showing that the process was successful.

Ialari took several slow, deep breaths and focused on the feeling of the warm breeze on her neck and shoulders as she closed her eyes. As she sat in the center of her Dominion, she allowed her focus to shift slowly from the breeze to the mental image of the patterns she had drawn in the box. As the image grew more pronounced, the patterns of points, lines, angles and curves began to move. The movement was almost trance-like with rotating patterns and dim, softly strobing light. The movement reminded Ialari of the movement of a snake's nest with multiple scaled bodies twisting and sliding over and around each other while the almost rhythmic strobe of light felt like a beating heart. As much as she wanted to lose herself to comfort of the mental image, she chose patience and focus instead and kept herself at a mental distance. She used the image as a tool of focus. By keeping her distance from it, she was able to maintain focus and concentration as she opened herself to the glimpse of the Ukalas. Though she already sat in the Ukalas within her Dominion, there was so much more to the realm than could be fathomed by mortal minds and every new glimpse of it was like experiencing something akin to an sexual orgasm that ripples through the body, mind and even the soul a thousand times over.

Waiting for that moment when she would know whether or not her attempts at claiming the new space for Dominion had been successful wasn't easy. Ialari never knew what form that little "spark of enlightenment" would take. She would quickly find the answer though when, after an unknown amount of time and without warning, Ialari's eyes shot open uncontrollably in time to see the open mouth of a giant serpent hovering over her a second before striking to swallow her whole. She felt herself being swallowed, the wet, soft tissue of the snake's gullet expanding and contracting as it pushed her further into its body. The darkness was complete and she had no room to move any part of her body. It was the first time she discovered that signs of successful activation of a Dominion can take many forms..
Last edited by Ialari Pythone on January 20th, 2014, 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ialari Pythone on November 26th, 2012, 12:12 pm

The darkness and the feeling of being swallowed whole vanished as quickly as the giant serpent had appeared in the first place. Ialari opened her eyes to find herself sitting in the center of her Dominion. It was nighttime although she could barely see slivers of the night sky above. She was no longer sitting on a cliff high in the mountains. Instead, it looked as though she was in a small clearing in the middle of a forest of immeasurable proportions. Trees towered hundreds of feet above and all around. Limbs as big around as sailing vessels twisted and gnarled themselves together in all directions. The sounds of insects, extremely large ones, buzzed, chirped and chortled throughout the area. The grass she sat on glowed with a soft, violet luminescence while the air smelled like warm honey. A light, silvery mist hung near the ground and the invisible barrier of Ialari's Dominion seemed to be all that separated her from the grand spectacle beyond.

With a slight bit of struggle, she turned gaze from the new surroundings to the box that sat open in her lap. As she gazed into it, she noticed the patterns of lines were gone. Instead, when she looked into the box, it was as if she were looking down the gullet of a giant snake. The space inside the box looked to be twice again as large as it was before though the walls looked like tissue that throbbed with the beating of a heart as blood carried through it. Hesitant at first, Ialari put her hand in the box. Though it looked like moist innards, she felt nothing. As her put her arm all the way into the box up to her shoulder, she could just feel the invisible barrier that dictated the confines of the Dominion. She couldn't help but feel that perhaps she had created a Dominion within the actual gullet of some giant, serpentine resident of some reality existing within the expanse of the Ukalas. The thought was both awe-inspiring and terrifying at once.

Pulling her arm out of the box, Ialari closed it. As odd as it appeared, she would still make great use of it as an enhanced storage device. She sat the box down and stood from where she had been sitting. She almost fell over as her legs were numb. She had no idea exactly how long she had been in her Dominion and a look toward the door revealed a bit of sunlight still peaking through the trees in the material realm. She turned back toward the land that stretched beyond her Dominion and marveled at its beauty. She fought back tears that formed in her eyes at seeing such beauty however she also realized that if not for the barrier that enclosed her Dominion, she may very well be open to whatever dangers such a place held hidden in the darkness. The thought then occurred to her that according to what Dira had told her, even with such a barrier, it was still possible that things could find a way to her. It was that thought that made her want to somehow gain more control over her Dominion to at least be able to establish a more stable mood and environment; to hopefully bring some stability to her tiny realm within a realm and reduce the random setting shifts she found herself a victim to.

She recalled then something else that Dira had said. She had said that countless possibilities converge in the Ukalas as one. Here you live, here you are still unborn, here you have died countless times. No contradiction at all. Dira's exact words echoed in Ialari's mind. If she understood those words correctly, everything outside of her Dominion was made up of infinite possibilities converging at any time and in any place. Within her Dominion she could acquire some control over what took place inside yet outside, the worlds without end would present themselves or not without Ialari's control.

I may not have any real control in this place, but I wonder what would happen if I opened myself up to some of these infinite possibilities. Maybe with a suggestion or two tossed in just in case. Such were thoughts for later however as Ialari was quickly feeling the signs of not having slept for longer than she would have liked. In addition, her stomach was lightly cramping in hunger and her mouth was dry. It was getting harder and harder to keep track of time with the various trips into the Ukalas combined with the establishment of two Dominions. Turning back toward the door, Ialari retrieved the lockbox and broken barrel she had used for a table and walked toward the door, out of her Dominion and back into the material realm.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ialari Pythone on November 26th, 2012, 12:38 pm

Once she had left her Dominion, she turned around and closed the door. As the door shut, something occurred to Ialari. She sat down the box and barrel and walked a few feet away to where the ghost of Captain Birewell had finally given up his hold on life and moved on to what came after. On the ground lay the key to the door that had bound the captain for the past two years. It was the same key that now fit the door to Ialari's Retreat. She bent down to pick it up and then walked back to the Retreat where she then put the key into the lock and turned it. I'm going to have to do a little "crafting" to this key, maybe attune it to work only for me as to help keep unwanted visitors out. She thought to herself as she then put the key around her neck via the small chain it was attached to.

Moving to get a better look at the sky, Ialari estimated that she had been in her Dominion for the better part of the day. The sun would set soon which left Ialari just enough time to grab a meal of trail rations and some water before having to settle in for the evening. She retrieved a ration from her backpack and started to pour some water from her waterskin into one of the metal cups she had salvaged from the wreck. It then dawned on her that she had a full barrel of tea-leaves a few steps away. So she walked over to the barrel, opened it and broke into one of the tightly packed bundles of leaves. Taking a couple leaves out, she resealed the barrel and went to sit next to her firepit. Pulling a bit of scrap wood from the nearby pile, she toss it in the firepit and with some flint and steel, sparked up a fire. She poured water from her waterskin into the small iron pot hanging above the fire. She waited for it to boil before dropping in the tea leaves. Stirring the pot with a long stick that she had stripped of bark, she took the pot off of the fire to cool a bit and then poured herself a nice hot cup of tea.

Taking a deep sip, she smiled and trembled lightly in satisfaction. The nights were starting to carry a slight chill to the air as Summer was quickly turning to Autumn and the refreshing taste of warm tea flowing through her brought a bit of joy to Ialari's lonely nights. It was times like this that she started to miss Shalla.

She sat by the fire for awhile sipping her tea before taking a few moments to start cleaning up the area around the Retreat. There were growing signs of animal life returning to the nearby area after Androsia's removal. From the looks of it, smaller animals like rodents were leaving signs of their passing which was part of the reason Ialari had decided to establish a new, smaller Dominion for storage. She gathered her gear and started going through it while looking particular for items that could be damaged by the wildlife. Those things she started putting into the lockbox. Her rations, poisoncrafting kit, clothing, the money that was in the box to begin with, she placed everything that she could fit into the lockbox which effectively granted her space equivalent to a large backpack. Now, able to store everything she had brought with her as well most of smaller items she was able to salvage in either her backpack or the lockbox, Ialari felt more secure.

She put the lockbox in some brush next to one of the ruined half-walls near the Retreat and used her backpack for a pillow as she curled up in her bedroll with another cup of tea. The sun had finally set and she was sorely tired. After finishing her tea, she set the cup to the side and allowed sleep to claim her.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ialari Pythone on November 27th, 2012, 12:54 pm

Ialari awoke the next morning to a rather peculiar sound. What made the sound strange was not the sound or where it was coming from but that it was being made at all. Her eyes slowly opened as the sound of a bird's song filled the air. It was joined by another and yet another until an entire symphony of chirping, whistles and tunes were playing throughout the trees. While Ialari couldn't help but marvel at the beauty of the music, it also allowed the touch of worry to seep into her bones. As the signs of wildlife returned to the area around the Retreat, it meant that eventually, larger creatures may also enter the immediate surroundings. Ialari had enjoyed a relative freedom from danger as she spent many days alone in the wilds yet such freedom was beginning to fade. First here were the rodents and now birds. Soon would come the rabbits and foxes and deer as well as the predators that stalked them. Ialari was no hunter nor did she have much knowledge of how to survive in such a place, on her own, in the midst of creatures that were born of the wilds. Eventually she would be forced to learn or suffer the consequences of not.

For now however, Ialari stretched; the sound of popping and snapping bones, muscles and tendons briefly blotted out the sounds of the birds. It was yet another new day for Ialari. So much had been accomplished in the relatively short amount of time she had spent away from Sahova that she almost forgot that she was now more than halfway through the time she had allotted for herself. The merchant ship she had paid to pick her up on its next trip to Sahova would be back in less than 13 days. She wasn't sure when she would be able to make it back to the Retreat after that. With time dwindling fast, Ialari also noticed that her supply of rations was nearly gone. She had maybe another three or four days worth if used sparingly. In the next day or so she would have to figure something else out in the way of food else risk damaging her health and possibly even starvation.

After preparing another cup of hot tea, Ialari decided to spend the entire day in her Dominion. Grabbing her backpack complete with rations, waterskin and a few other essentials, she walked over to the closed, locked door of the Retreat. Removing the chain that held the key to the door from around her neck, she put it in the lock while turning it. There was a satisfying click as she then opened the door. The alien realm of the Ukalas and her Dominion awaited.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ialari Pythone on November 27th, 2012, 1:35 pm

As she stepped into her Dominion, Ialari noticed yet another drastic change in the environment. Where as before, she had moved from the grasslands and rolling hills to the high mountains followed by a grand forest of epic proportions, she now found herself standing in what appeared to be an underground cavern. Her Dominion was positioned on a large patch of stone surrounded by water. Towering stone walls shot up all around her while a massive waterfall crashed down from above, slamming into a series of giant, jagged rocks before merging with a wide river that the large stone holding Ialari's Dominion sat in the middle of. The water was not the color one would expect to see. Instead, it was blood red streaked with silver with twinkles of light that almost looked like stars shining just beneath the surface.

The stone Ialari stood upon was covered in a light moss that was moist to the touch. The only illumination was provided by the twinkles of light flickering within the water. While one of them wasn't all that bright, the thousands upon thousands of them that filled the water lit up the immediate area within the cavern and cast a mesmerizing glow. The sounds of crashing water that Ialari expected to hear were absent. Instead, it sounded as though a light shower of rain was splattering upon the surface of the river.

As before during previous shifts in the environment of the Ukalas, Ialari could have spent years just staring at the wonders that surrounded her. However, she did not have the time to indulge in such fantasy nor the skill and knowledge required to truly understand what she was experiencing. It was the latter that motivated her away from mindless gawking to retrieving the scrollcase from her pack before sitting down in the center of her Dominion. Crossing her legs, she opened the scrollcase and pulled forth a couple of scrolls from within. As was the case in the past, the scrolls she pulled out were ones she had read many times in the past. As she unrolled them and glanced down at the words, she saw, as was common, that even though she had read the same scrolls over and over again, new characters had formed signalling that she was ready to receive new information regarding the nature of Dominion and of the Ukalas.

The foreign script twisted about and then unraveled before her eyes as it became as clear as if she were reading the most basic of childhood level isurian.

The novice Domineer is little more than an ant in the Ukalas' eyes. His space folding abilities are modest. He has absolutely no control over Dominated space. His Dominion may float throughout the Ukalas at random and without notice. While His Dominion is contained within its own borders, those borders not only prevent him from leaving but also prevent other aspects of the Ukalas from entering. Bare in mind however that only the most minute of elements are barred from entering the Dominated space. The more skill and influence once gains within their Dominion, the more notice will be taken by the Ukalas and that which resides within.

Ialari nodded to herself as she recalled the various changes in her surroundings whenever she entered her Dominion. She felt the unique sensation of safety and security however she also felt the looming threat beyond. The invisible barrier that prevented her from leaving her Dominion acted like a security blanket that protected her from the nightmares beyond. She continued reading as new characters appeared as she read.

While novice Domineers will refine their knowledge through the repeated establishment of Dominated space, this will only take them so far. A Domineer must spend time with their Dominion and thus form a tighter relationship with the Ukalas. By simply spending time within the Dominated space, breathing its air and sharing thoughts with their Dominion will allow the relationship to form, grow and expand in ways unthinkable to a beginner. His nature will slowly influence the land upon which he stands as the Dominion is remade in Him. A note of caution however, just as one's Dominion can be remade in them so too can they be remade within their Dominion.

Ialari read the words again as she mulled them over in her mind. If she wanted to gain control over her Dominion, she had to not only spend time with it but somehow interact with it as if it were a sentient being of sorts. Sharing her thoughts as well as her physical being with her Dominion would create a kind of bond. It actually sounded quite a bit like when she would call upon her divine gift of Izentor. When imparting upon an item, she focused a bit of herself into an item thus creating a bond between her and that which she imparted upon. The item became a part of her and her a part of the item. Sharing herself with her Dominion sounded much the same.

Reading further...

The Domineer will know when they have established the beginnings of a connection with their Dominated space when their Dominion no longer transports itself randomly throughout the Ukalas. The initial connection takes the form of an anchor that holds the Dominion to a certain part of the Ukalas. Although the Domineer has no real control over where their Dominion anchors itself, it is usually related in some way to the nature of the Domineer as a sign that the Ukalas has acknowledged the Domineer even if only in the slightest of terms.

This was a moment of enlightenment for Ialari as she could relate everything she was reading to past experiences with other forms of magical theory and practice; both mortal and divine. With Izentor, it was all about purpose and intent when imparting upon an item. With magecrafting, it was about shaping an item to accept certain additional, magical elements. Even the basics of Dominion involved the force of will, intent and responsibility. All were intertwined in various ways at least as far as Ialari was concerned. At that point, Ialari stopped reading the scrolls and returned them to the scrollcase. There was no time like the present to start using the knowledge she had been presented to affect the present. Now was the time to start a connection.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ialari Pythone on November 30th, 2012, 1:42 pm

Ialari stood up and walked around the confines of her Dominion. The stone she was on that sat in the center of red and silver river was bigger than her actual Dominion. She ran her hand along the invisible barrier and several slow, deep breaths as she walked about. The air tasted moist and crisp as if she were deep underground, perhaps within the very mountains she saw upon her first entry into the Ukalas. She was reminded of her first trip to her clan's citadel back home. Her father took her up on the walls so she could look out on the world beyond. She remembered thinking that if her people could accomplish such a thing as building a great fortress high in the mountains to look down on everything beneath them that there would be no limits for what she could accomplish. It was that exact moment that Ialari started to believe that she had a destiny and that destiny would be great. Of course that was the thoughts of a child. Now an adult thinking back on the past, Ialari could never have imagined that her destiny was to enter the realm of the gods and learn to manipulate and live within that realm. She would never have imagined being gifted with a second mark from her Divine Father while at the same time receiving from him a magical secret currently known only by her. She would never have imagined meeting and making a deal with Death and thus receiving Her mark as well.

Speaking her thoughts aloud, Ialari continued to aimlessly wander her small Dominion. "I never thought I could ever give up my hatred. Even now, as I think of humanity and of all that I've taught about them; all that I've seen of them, I want to hate them. I want to see them burn for everything that is wrong with the world. Yet, I can't. I can't feel the intense hatred that drove me for so many years." Ialari was speaking like she used to when she conversed with the statue of Izurdin back home. This time, she was speaking aloud, more to her Dominion; to the Ukalas.

Do I still want to see their entire pathetic race wiped out by some horrific plague? Such a thing would not displease me. They are a weak race, fragile, selfish and unable to see past their own confines. They are capable of so much evil. They kill, maim, torture their own kind and think only of themselves. Yet I can no longer hate them for any of it. It's a price I would pay again and again, the loss of that hatred, but without it, who am I? My hatred defined me for a few years leading up to my departure from Sultros for a couple of years leading up to my discovery of Dominion. I don't know who I am anymore. Shalla and even Dira view me as a mage destined to live the lonely, dangerous life that comes with that title. Am I not meant for more?" Ialari paused and knelt down to run her metallic fingers across the stone at her feet. Her fingers sunk in and passed through as if it were merely mud. The feeling was odd however as instead of the coolness of stone, she felt a mild warmth.

Watching the stone part at her touch, she continued speaking aloud to no one in particular. This time her thoughts shifted to who she was. She couldn't help but feel a little silly at talking to her environment as if she were talking to a person but it was the only way she knew to actually share her thoughts and feelings with her Dominion and hopefully pass on some of herself to it. "Ah but who wants to hear of my troubles. If I want to understand what my future holds, I need to understand who I am first. I'm Ialari Pythone Pitrius, an Isur and student of the forbidden and forgotten arts. Poisons are something special to me. Frowned upon by many, poisons are the ultimate tool for separating the weak from the strong. In a substance that is considered poisonous, if one knows where to look, they will see the very fibers of creation. Those who are created strong will resist the debilitating effects of the poison. Those who are created weak, will fall to those same effects." Ialari recalled encountering her first poison.

She was still but a child at the time. She was sitting on a small stone outside their sizable home a short distance from the Silver Tower. Ialari was playing with the family pet; a massive isurian python named Salivar. Salivar was easily as big around as an adult isur's leg; considering the musculature of the average adult isur, that was quite large. He was well over 30 feet long and immensely powerful. The Pythone family, known for their kinship with snakes, had bred isurian pythons for generations going back to a time before the Valterrian. Salivar was the descendant of a line of snakes that dated back that far. He was bred to be quite large, immensely powerful and unlike most of his kind, unimaginably poisonous.

Salivar was the product of numerous generations of specialized breeding influenced by personal magic and gnosis. He was as intelligent as a drakori and had learned the smell/taste of the family. He lounged about the grounds of the family home and was one of Ialari's early friends in life. His poison was deadly enough to kill even a grown isur within less than a few minutes yet he never bit one of the family.

Ialari was sitting on the stone, feeding Salivar large chunks of unknown meat from a basket when she noticed the odd looking fluid that seeped from a pair of sacs in Salivar's mouth as he clamped down on the chunks of meat and swallowed them. Normally, the isurian python would crush large pray; giant lizards and frogs that inhabited the interior "wilds" of the mountain kingdom yet Salivar was for lack of a better term, spoiled. As Ialari watched him gulp down the chunks of meat, she crawled closer and watched him further. After a short time, she asked him to open his mouth. Salivar did as he was told and Ialari casually stuck her hand in his mouth and touched one of his massive fangs. The fang was large enough that if he bit her, it would have gone all the way through her arm assuming she wasn't using her metallic one; which she was. She scooped a bit of the strange fluid from his fang and brought it closer. It was actually somewhat thick and smelled slightly acidic. She then gave Salivar another piece of meat and watched as that same fluid seemed to bubble and pop a bit as it came in contact with the meat. It occurred to her then that Salivar's poison helped to break down the meat, softening it to make it easier to digest.

Ialari threw the last piece of meat to Salivar before running inside the house and grabbing a few things from here and there. She went back outside to where Salivar was now lounging on/around a large stone that her mother, an accomplished magecrafter, had made that offered Salivar some heat. Once again she asked him to open his mouth. He did and she stuck a small glass jar over one of his fangs and pushed on the sac of venom at its base. The thick, caustic substance filled the jar roughly half way. Ialari rubbed her hand lovingly over Salivar's head and ran back inside. She spent the rest of the day testing the acidic venom on a variety of objects. It turned out that Salivar's venom was strong enough to break down meat, plant material, various types of cloth and even cause light pitting in stone. It was the experimenting and wonder that caused Ialari to embrace the field of poison-crafting.

Ialari's thoughts of home caused her to miss Salivar. As far as she knew, he was still alive. Those that had came before him had lived just over half as long as their masters, easily 130-140 years and Salivar, when Ialari had left, was only 82 years old.

"Yes, poisons defined me as far as skills were concerned, for quite some time. It wasn't until coming to Sahova for the first time followed by learning Dominion that I discovered another path. Yet, poisons will always remain a fascination for me as they provide me a link to my Revered Uncle, Vayt. Yes, my true divine love will be for my Father, Izurdin. Yet there is room for the Revered Uncle. He is the Lord of Poison, bringer of sickness and disease. He gives context to strength and patience for without his influence, the strong could not flourish. So, where does that bring us? I feel most comfortable around snakes; they have a mysterious way about them that is both alluring as well as deadly. I am more than a little fond of poisons. Their smell, taste and feel are exquisite and their potential is unending. My faith is one of my greatest strengths. The Gods play a major part in my life, some more than others. Izurdin is my Divine Father and has become more of a driving force in my life now that I can no longer hate humanity. I still wish to see them suffer for all that they are yet it is no longer driven by hate. I don't hate them for what they are yet that doesn't change the fact that they are unworthy of the gifts they have been given. Vayt and Dira are major influences in my life with the latter having shown me the value of life in the context of death." Ialari found that speaking her thoughts aloud to the Ukalas and to her Dominion was comforting. It was indeed similar to talking to Izurdin and in a way, she almost felt as though he may be listening. She continued to run her fingers through the stone for awhile longer before standing up once more. She was starting to feel the effects of not having eaten and with all the water around her, even with its strange appearance, was making her thirsty.

She walked over to where she had set her backpack and retrieved one of her rations. It was one of the last ones remaining which brought her a little worry as to how she was going to feed herself for the remainder of her time away from Sahova. Deciding to push those worries off for perhaps another day, she began chewing on the rations which taking a few gulps of water from her waterskin. She planned on spending the night in her Dominion; she could see by the looks of the material world on the other side of the Dominion door that it was growing late. The days were growing shorter with the onset of Autumn and the light that shown through the doorway was slowly fading. She considered shutting the door so that she could get the full effect of being in her Dominion yet she also understood from the scrolls that with only one door leading into the Dominion, there would be no way out. With little food and water, she would die of starvation in no time.

Ialari finished her small meal before unrolling her bedroll. She would spend the night in her Dominion. Along with sharing her thoughts with it, perhaps as she slept, it would also know her dreams. Anything she could do to gain more control over her little hole in the Ukalas, she was ready to do. She wondered if when she awoke, she would be somewhere else in the Ukalas and what that place may look like. She figured then she would just take a small nap, her mind was working overtime and she wasn't sure she would sleep for very long. Whatever awaited her though, she couldn't deny the good feeling she was having after talking with her Dominion.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on January 20th, 2014, 1:32 am

The Fates Have Spoken.

Player: Ialari

XP: Dominion +5, Observation +5, Meditation +2, Planning +5, Cooking: +1, Wilderness Survival: +1, Rhetoric +2

Lores: Dominion: Making A Dominion Inside Of A Dominion, Dominion: Making A Dominion Inside A Chest, Dominion: Hallucinations Within The Dominion Meditation, Dira’s Wisdom: Things Can Still Get Her In Her Dominion, Dira’s Wisdom: Dominions were made up of infinite possibilities, WS: Making a Fire, Cooking: Brewing Tea, The Dominion Scrolls: Provide information (aka get readable) As She Is Ready For Them. Dominion: Novice Dominions are insignificant In The Ukalas, Dominion: Novice Domineers have no control in their dominions, Dominions: Novice Domineer can be prevented from leaving her Dominion, Dominion: The more one learns in ones dominion, the more the novice will be accepted by the dominion and the Ukalas. Dominion: Must Forge A Relationship With One’s Dominion To Gain Control Of One’s Dominion, Dominion: Young Dominions randomly transport themselves throughout the Ukalaks which is why the images change, Dominion: When a Dominion Anchors Itself The Ukalaks Has Accepted You, Self Awareness: Giving Up Hatred – Something She Never Anticipated Or Imagined, Dominion: Pouring Out Ones Heart To One’s Dominion, Self Awareness: I Do Not Love Humanity, Salivar: Harvesting Snake Poison, Salivar: A Fond Childhood Friend, Self Awareness: Poisons Define Ialari, Self-Awareness: Vayt and Dira Major Influences, Self Awareness; Izurdin Beloved Father Holding A Deep Profound Faith For Him

Notes: I enjoyed the play of creating a dominion inside of a dominion. I also enjoyed the aspect of those magic scrolls you have coming into play and letting you read stuff when the time is right for you to be ready to know it. That’s a very cleaver aspect. Also I feel bad for your pc because I can tell she hasn’t been out in the wilds on her own for a while now and when even the birdsong makes her nervous.. I can tell that fear drives her to greatness moreso than wanting any power or any control. I have a PC like that so I feel for what you have to go through as a writer to sooth over your PC and make her feel comfortable and secure. I bet she crafted awesome blanket tents a as a child.. only what she used stone blankets or something?

I liked what you also did with the flashback inside the flashback. It was lovely insight to your PC’s personality and psyche.

As always PM me if you have issues.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)