[Sighard's Scrapbook] Trouble Is. . .

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Sighard on December 11th, 2011, 7:06 am

The rules are. . . there are no rules! In order to christen my scrapbook I'll post some food for thought.

God I love to write.
Sighard
Squire

Words: 78209
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2011, 5:11 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Sighard on November 17th, 2012, 8:43 pm

So I've got some pictures from the vacation which had pulled me from this site for so long!

Mt. Pinatubo.jpg
Mt. Pinatubo.jpg (138.38 KiB) Viewed 567 times

Mountains.jpg
Mountains.jpg (97.6 KiB) Viewed 568 times

Phillipino Dinner.jpg
Phillipino Dinner.jpg (163.33 KiB) Viewed 556 times
Sighard
Squire

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Sighard on November 26th, 2012, 7:39 pm

What's on my mind right now? Well I'd really like to know how to manage my time more efficiently. Seriously, I have this terrible habit of joining roleplaying websites and leaving them because they become too time consuming for me. Ironically it isn't the time that I spend writing that draws me away from my other responsibilities but it's rather the time I spend carousing the site when I have nothing to post or I don't have any inspiration for solo threads. It turns into this thing where I end up staring at a screen, waiting for the creative muse to strike and before I know it my day is over and I'm more backlogged with schoolwork and extracurricular responsibility than ever.

So, to remedy this sad fact, I've come up with a solution that's hopefully going to allow me to refocus my energy towards things in my life and also put me in a more productive position as well. If all goes well I should not only have lifted a huge weight off my chest for wasting time, but also gain a greater appreciation for the game as well. Here's the plan.

Every night, for a month, I'm going to devote the hours of 8PM-10PM for Mizahar related writing. The remaining hours of the day will be chunked into segments for things related to my daily life responsibilities so that I don't fail to neglect them. Although this seems a simple time management scheme, it is something that I have struggled to do consistently and I'm making a stand now to fix it. Granted, I won't be able to access Mizahar -every- night from 8-10PM but on those nights I simply won't be on the site at all.

In order to motivate me to achieve this goal I'm going to post in my scrapbook every day marking the progress I've made in achieving this goal. If I fail to resist temptation I'll make a point to turn myself from Mizahar for that day and do other things for the remainder of the day.

I don't have a name for this challenge but I do have a label. I'm growing up and learning how to responsibly participate in the things I'm passionate about.

Oh, and by the way.

rsz_2012-11-26_14-20-49_25.jpg
rsz_2012-11-26_14-20-49_25.jpg (26.76 KiB) Viewed 544 times
Sighard
Squire

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Sighard on November 29th, 2012, 3:31 am

So as promised, I've been on pace with my plan to limit the amount of time I spend on Mizahar to two hours a day, from the times of 8PM-10PM. Given my busy schedule, this is the first night I've been able to utilize these hours so I'm going to give a brief update on how the first couple of days have gone.

Day 1 (11/27) -- I spent most of the day in class, and then when my time came to write in my posts on Mizahar I had to attend an Executive Board meeting for my fraternity. There wasn't much progress being made in the organization department for me, although I did manage to keep myself away from Miz!

Day 2 (11/28) -- Today is the day where my resistance really paid off. I not only managed to write a 7 page paper for my Forensic Pschology class, but also developed a 10 page handbook for one of the positions in my fraternity, all while being up to catch up on my postings on Mizahar! I still have a long ways to go in establishing what I consider to be a comfortable schedule. On top of the daily things I have to do, I've got a complete overhaul of my fraternity's judicial system that I need to complete by Friday, as well as the restructuring of another Handbook I have to work on. I have a four page paper, a presentation and the coming finals I have to prepare for. I believe today is a good start, however, and as a plus I've been attending more and more of my class.

On a side note, I've been listening to a lot of Tan Dun. I usually don't have music in the background when I post, but this stuff is so soothing and inspirational that the words practically pour out of me when I play it in the background.

Sighard
Squire

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Sighard on November 30th, 2012, 2:56 am

Day 3: Today was much the same as Day 1 in that I had classes to occupy all of my time, yet I stayed true to staying off Mizahar until time allowed. I spent my first lecture class developing a new story-line for a long-winded solo that has the potential to be one of the deeper stories I've written. Keep a lookout for 'Crash' as I continue to work and refine it. Hopefully I'll be able to pull a seedier element out of Syliras not shown as often. It's all good and well to write threads on the pleasures of being a Knight, but there's a special place in my heart for those who aren't afraid to get dirty and chronicle the grittier elements of the job.
Sighard
Squire

Character sheet
Scrapbook