Closed Refresher

[Birdy] Kelmar comes across someone who reminds him of some lessons from his past life.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Refresher

Postby Kelmar Hedos on December 25th, 2012, 2:21 am

13th of Winter, 512 AV
Studio of Yae Varone

Waiting was not something Kelmar liked to do. It was an utter waste of time that could have been spent otherwise practicing, but on occasion it was necessary to just simply wait. He sat opposite an empty chair in a place far too expensive for someone like him to visit regularly, and while others had their coffees and drinks, small plates and dishes of morsels that were priced too high for simply filling one's belly, he had nothing but a plain white table that almost sparkled. He was clearly out of place, but the looks that were cast in his direction were dutifully ignored by the agent, who had something more important to worry about.

There was going to be a meeting later today, between two men who tried to not be followed or overheard. Kelmar followed and overheard them both on a few previous occasions, trailing them to the Silver Sliver and a point on the docks and to here as well, though this time he was one step ahead of them. Each meeting they arranged the location of the next, it was how the freelance had kept up with them for so long. Always it was a public place so people would not be suspicious, but unfortunately for them it made it easier for people to eavesdrop. Like Kelmar. They were about to conclude business to do with the procurement of some not-quite-legal goods, dirt that would inevitably prove beneficial for the rival family, who had incidentally hired Kelmar to find evidence of said transactions and the goods if possible.

Simply listening was too easy.

So he sat and waited, eyes glued to the doors of the studio while the rich and affluent performed their business around him. He earned a glare or two from the staff, but he hadn't caused any trouble and nor was he planning to.
Last edited by Kelmar Hedos on January 21st, 2013, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will be gone for a couple days, grades need lifting
Kelmar Hedos
What you don't know can hurt you

Words: 144882
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2012, 3:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Refresher

Postby Bunielle Birdy on December 27th, 2012, 2:08 pm

Like usually, Buni walked to the "Yae Varone cafe" , lost in thoughs... Nothing abnormal. She was doing the same thing every morning for a week now and she liked it. It was something to look to... something to wait for.

She walked trough the doors of the cafe, hearing the familiar sound of a bell and feeling the eyes on herself. Her small body was hidden by the long, grey cloak falling heavily from her shoulders to the ground, making her look relatively normal. But once she pulled down the hood, bunch of silken, knee long, red ringlets scattered over her shoulders and when the cloak followed the hood, revealing her small, fragile body, a whisper moved trough the abated room. The normally non interested people were now staring at her with some sort of amazement. Buni didn't even looked at any of them and just walked to the only free table... Well almost free. There was someone sitting on the table so she tought she could ask him if she could sit. With graceful steps, she moved to the table and asked with soft, faded voice, pointing to the free chair infront of the shiny, white table.

"I-is this sit taken?"

She nervously bit into her cherry-red lip, studying the guy sitting by the table. He looked rather different that anyone in the cafe. It was strange seeing someone different after looking at the same people for weeks.
Bunielle Birdy
It is the Opheliac in me...

Words: 15378
Joined roleplay: September 5th, 2012, 8:08 pm
Character sheet

Refresher

Postby Kelmar Hedos on December 29th, 2012, 12:28 am

Looking up at the woman, Kelmar immediately began sizing her up and analyzing her. It was habit, he couldn't help it. A small diminutive frame covered by a dark grey cloak, bright red lips and combed hair that suggested she spent moor than a bit of time on her appearance, a nervously shy habit showing through as she bit her lip. She could be an incredibly good actress - after all the dull cloak did not exactly fit in with the atmosphere, much like his didn't - and Kelmar was incredibly paranoid. He looked around, trying to see if anyone else was interested in the goings-on happening at his table. No one was looking save a few nosy folk looking in the woman's direction. They were looking at her though, not him, which hinted that he was in the clear for now. No other seat was open, so this woman was probably just looking to be seated.

"No, it isn't," he replied without much interest, returning his eyes to the door. It would probably be a while before his targets showed up,and in the meantime anything to make him look less conspicuous was a boon.

"My name is Kelmar," he introduced himself suddenly, trying to break some of the tension. He had no real reason to introduce himself and make her comfortable, but he remembered some of his lessons from when he was a child and this place brought out that sort of higher-society quality in him. Besides, if she was sitting with him but was looking uncomfortable then that might be even more suspicious. "Are you a regular here?"
Kelmar Hedos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Refresher

Postby Bunielle Birdy on January 20th, 2013, 1:14 pm

Being the shy girl she is, Buni made a little step back, nervously biting into her lip, studying the person infront of her. Her amazed her... He was the first person she met in Ravok that wasn't from the high class and that looked kinda like her.

"No, it isn't."

When she heard him, she blinked surprised, watching him look away. She was slightly confused and alittle bit hurt, but fastly turned to walk away, not wanting to annoy him and cause a scandal.

"My name is Kelmar. Are you a regular here? "

That caugh her off guard... again. She turned back to him. Her big, bluish eyes filled with confusion. He was acting strange, in a way that send freezing thrill up her spine, making her skinny body shiver lightly*

"Umm... I-i'm Buni. Well... Kinda, this place calms me."

Buni nodded slightly to herself, thankful that she stopped stuttering.
Bunielle Birdy

Character sheet

Refresher

Postby Kelmar Hedos on January 20th, 2013, 1:29 pm

He could feel the unease in her voice like a physical object that could be touched, shivering and shaking, the slight tremors causing it to waver frailly. It was just her voice of course, uncertain and unsettled by his abrupt manner and different demeanor. Such was the way his mind worked. Still, having a nervous table partner would not do well to make him look less suspicious.

"This place calms you," Kelmar repeated, noticing that after she said it she'd calmed down somewhat. At least her voice wasn't as shaky anymore. That was good, a first step. The next step would probably be to smile for her benefit, but Kelmar wasn't quite that good at acting social yet. The best he could do was soften his features, making his appearance less harsh and severe, relaxing the muscles in his face. He wasn't sure whether he was successful, but it was worth a shot.

"So I take it you are not of the usual stock that frequent this place," he continued, alluding to the wealthier patrons that usually stopped by. Indeed, she was dressed just a bit too plainly to be someone who had a lot of wealth: those who did usually liked to flaunt it, especially on appearances. "Tell me, would you like something while you're here? Or do you just come here to calm yourself?"
Kelmar Hedos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Refresher

Postby Bunielle Birdy on January 20th, 2013, 1:57 pm

Breathing in and out carefully, the girl managed to stop the shivering in her fingers.

"This place calms you."

She felt it wasn't question but still noded softly. Buni could almost see his mind working as he was thinking, concentrated on something. The readhead felt quiet awkward but there wasn't much she could do about it. Her thin fingers entwined with the thin, silver necklace, wrapped around her small wrist.

"So I take it you are not of the usual stock that frequent this place,"

Buni shook her head, causing couple of her knee long, red curls to slide over her shoulder.

"No, not really... " She felt like she was on a interrogation, she didn't quiet liked the feeling but it wasn't that bad. Maybe he just wanned to be sure that she won't get him into any trouble... Oh, how she wanted to be sure she won't...

"Tell me, would you like something while you're here? Or do you just come here to calm yourself?"

"Umm..."

The girl frowned lightly, still tugging at the wrapped around her wrist necklace.

"Yea... A cup of tea would be something to make me happy"

A soft smile appeared on her lips and she turned around, looking for someone working at the cafe. She knew she was talking quite weird but, she couldn't help it...
She was now, completely calm and very, very curious as for why someone like Kelmar was on a place like this.

" Umm... What are you doing here if it is okey asking, i mean... I... i haven't seen you here before."

Her voice was soft, and quite pleasant when she wasn't shivering and her big eyes, filled with curiosity were shining with clear innocence.
Bunielle Birdy

Character sheet

Refresher

Postby Kelmar Hedos on January 21st, 2013, 12:28 pm

Her nervousness and anxiety were fading, which was good. Despite his best attempts to soften his demeanor, it appeared that she was still quite afraid of him and a little fidgety. His questions were probably a bit more direct than they should have been as well, but that was just how he thought. Direct and solid facts.

"A cup of tea, huh?" he asked, looking around. Over by the counter, he saw an old woman working and smiling, sort of distractedly brewing something with her back turned to the rest of the cafe. His family had been here a few times before their fall, and though it had been some years he assumed it was still the same owner. She would not remember him though, and that was for the best. If a cup of tea would calm this woman's - Buni's - nerves, then he should probably get one lest she give him away too much.

However, it looked as if the problem had sorted itself out as Buni then turned to face him and was, surprisingly, completely relaxed, almost serene aside from her shy way of speaking. Her blue eyes were sparkling in a sort of naive curiosity as she asked him his business, which wasn't really any of hers. Still, he could not afford to simply ignore her question, and if he told her such then she might go back into a nervous wreck again, which was the last thing he wanted.

"I'm simply waiting." The answer was only about half of what she was probably looking for, but he needed to fabricate the rest - or at least not tell the whole truth. "There are some people I would like to see, but I shouldn't disturb them while they're here. I'm just waiting for them to come and go."

Suddenly, Kelmar stood up. "I will go fetch some tea," he explained abruptly, beginning to walk over to the counter. His departure probably caused a lot of confusion, but his was the kind of nature that was easier for people to take in small increments rather than all at once. So he left her some time to herself to gather her thoughts.

"Beg pardon, Miss Varone," he called over the countertop. The old woman stopped brewing and looked over her shoulder curiously, a ghost of a smile tugging at her lips.

"Yes dear," she asked, her voice sweet and motherly. It was a quality that Kelmar had never heard before.

"May I just have a cup of tea? For my companion."

The smile grew wider, and her warm eyes glinted. "Sure thing dearie, just give me a moment." She went and retrieved a tiny cup from one of her rows of tableware and began pouring some of what she'd just been brewing into the little container. It only took a moment to fill, and once it was she brought it around and set in on the counter for Kelmar to pick up. "Say, you look familiar. Do I know you young man?"

"No," was the snoop's response as he turned around and brought the cup back to the table, setting it down in front of Buni before taking his seat again. Letting the silence stretch out, he waited for his companion to make herself comfortable gain before speaking.
Kelmar Hedos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Refresher

Postby Coltyn on February 18th, 2013, 5:41 pm

The young Ravokian guard was on the second floor, walking the gallery space, when he was beckoned to the cafe on the lower level. It was the assistant baker, Wylodor, who came to fetch him.

"Colt?" she called as she stepped off the doublewide staircase and entered the dimly lit room. "Mistress Varone is looking for you. She needs you to come downstairs right away. She's concerned about a particular patron and she'd like you to keep an eye on them."

Drawing his attention away from a favorite oil painting of his - a monochromatic portrait of a reclining nude, whose face remained a mystery due to the dramatic lighting and the way the figure was positioned - Coltyn acknowledged the woman with a question, "In what way is she concerned?"

"I...I don't know. She said something about a young man who seemed oddly familiar to her, but when she asked if they had met before, he was quick to say no," she informed him as her eyes went to the artwork on the wall. "Why don't you just buy the damn thing already?" she mused. "You've been looking at it for several seasons now."

"In time," he replied as he made his way toward the stairs. "I like the idea of it being on display here. It...I don't know...it's oddly comforting."

"Whatever," she balked as she followed him. "Oh, and, she wants this done on the sly, so undercover mode. Got it?"

"Got it," he replied as he donned his narrow-brimmed hat, which he had been holding in his leather encased hands, and then withdrew a slim, ten-page booklet from his doublet.

Making his way out a side door, he circled around the front of the building and entered the cafe from the patio as most patrons did. As he crossed the main dining room, heading toward a table in the rear, he took note of its occupants.

On the surface, the crowd appeared rather ordinary. It was a healthy mix of middle and upper class patrons, both young and old, male and female. However, after giving the room another subtle scan from behind his reading material, which he had produced upon taking his seat, a couple seated by the windows at the front of the room caught his eye.

She seems nervous, he thought to himself as he pretended to read his Isur manual on bodybuilding, and her companion is a bit shifty-eyed, too. Yae's hunch may be right.

Coltyn
A Beautiful Baker Boy!

Words: 89551
Joined roleplay: February 12th, 2012, 9:47 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)
Donor (1)

Refresher

Postby Kelmar Hedos on February 20th, 2013, 1:24 am

Someone had entered the door, though it was not either of who Kelmar was waiting for. His eyes followed the stranger for a few ticks before quickly returning to the door, expecting his targets to come in at any moment. The lady opposite him was still collecting herself, and the agent's attention had been drawn away from her regardless. Now his focus was totally on his work, since she'd made herself comfortable to a certain degree.

A few chimes later and one of the men Kelmar had been tailing entered the cafe, garbed in presentable clothes but with an expectant look on hos face. On the surface he could fit into a place like this, but he was far too wrapped up within himself to be simply another customer. As expected, he moved over to a table near the back of the restaurant, a two-seating table for him and his counterpart. He ordered nothing and just sat there stqring at the door, blatantly waiting for someone else and not even trying to hide it.

Kelmar observed out of the corner of his eye, hidden beneath the cowl od his hood, unaware of the surveillance on himself at the present time. His head turned to look for a brief moment but turned back quickly, scoping out the area and seeing if there were a better listening spot. All the while his eyes constantly glanced back to both the door and his target, waiting for the other man of the pair to show up.
Kelmar Hedos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Refresher

Postby Coltyn on February 27th, 2013, 5:06 pm

As Coltyn sat, watched, and waited for something - anything - to happen between the young couple, there entered upon the scene a new target of interest.

Well, what do we have here?

Keeping a casual eye on the developing situation, the undercover guard divided his attention between the two parties, giving this new potential threat just a little more eye time.

It seems like someone has an agenda...

Glancing back to his original target, Coltyn noticed he wasn't the only one keeping a keen eye on the new individual.

...and someone else is interested in what's going down around here, too.

Rising from his seat, he made his way to the counter and ordered a drink. As he stood waiting for his beverage to be whipped up, he continued to keep a casual eye on the room. Something was on the verge of happening, but it was hard to pinpoint exactly what.

"I'll take a hard roll, cut in two, but, please, hold the sweet butter," Coltyn continued to converse with Yae as if he was just another patron, however, his order was code for something else entirely. The hard roll represented the men in the situation, letting his boss know that his attention was divided between them, and the exclusion of the sweet butter meant the young woman involved seemed of no interest to the guard.

Coltyn
A Beautiful Baker Boy!

Words: 89551
Joined roleplay: February 12th, 2012, 9:47 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)
Donor (1)

Next