Please help me get started

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Cyn on December 30th, 2012, 6:35 am

Hi, this might be a stupid question but I am completely new and kind of panicking even though the greeting message told me not to.

I've read the starting guide and I don't know how to do a starting package or pick a city or pick my appearances and the stuff in the starting guide that they told me I should do, even a gender. All I was pick my birthday and race.

Please help me out. I an so confuse.
Cyn
Player

Words: 162
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2012, 5:49 am
Race: Human

Postby Anchor on December 30th, 2012, 6:54 am

Alright, first take your time to read as much as you need to make yourself comfortable. Check out the city list and the race list for some detailed information on each place and species. If you want to stick to human (probably easiest) then that's fine, but it helps to have at least a basic knowledge of the other races you'll be interacting with.

I personally recommend devoting a lot of time to just reading up on the lore. Mizahar can be very complicated, and the more understanding you have of this place going in the better. You can also pop into chat if you want and ask questions in real time, I guarantee the people there will be happy to help.

Once you're satisfied that you know enough to get started, take a look at the Character Sheet Forum. You'll need to post a Character Sheet (CS) at some point, but feel free to take a look at the other ones there for examples. There are also templates for various locations if you want to look at those. Once you think you know enough, feel free to post a Work In Progress (WIP) and start developing your character concept and history. Or alternatively, just get the facts down like birthdate and race and possessions and then role-play for a bit, then come back and write the concept and personality later once you get a feel for your character.

Take your time when deciding starting location and skills and such, at least that's my recommendation. It can take a while to familiarize yourself with everything, but it's worth it if you go in knowing what's what. Remember you can ask whatever more specific questions you have here in this forum or in chat if the lore isn't helping.

Good luck!
Will be gone for a couple days, grades need lifting

The Suvan Sea

The Suvan Sea *** Fierce Currents OOC *** Current Events

Black Rock
(Temporary Responsibility)
Black Rock *** Morbid Musings OOC *** Domain Lore
Anchor
Come diving with me

Words: 155953
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 4:21 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Hadrian on December 30th, 2012, 12:20 pm

What Anchor said!

Welcome, Cyn. You can always hop into chat if you have questions, too. Just make sure you've read the wiki so we're not just repeating what's there to be read. Hence why Anchor's good advice involves reading a lot. I've been here for almost three years and I still have to go back and double-check stuff. But it's no worries! There's just a period of adjustment.

Welcome again and good luck!
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)