[Verified by Kraken] Zenobia

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Zenobia

Postby Zenobia on December 30th, 2012, 11:13 pm

Zenobia

“To be good is to be forgotten. I’m going to be so bad I’ll always be remembered.”

Physical Description
Name: Zenobia
Race: Half Eypharian, half Benshira
Birthday: 1st of Summer 490

Appearance:
Zenobia is a petite and curvy woman with a tiny waist, though appears taller due to her confidence and elegance. Endowed with an incredible, exotic though unconventional beauty - she often says that profile is too severe and her nose far too big to be beautiful. She has large, dark brown eyes with an elusive hint of blue due to her part Benshira lineage, framed by long, dark eyelashes. Her dark brown hair goes down past her hips, never really settling, sometimes straight and sometimes curly, though she usually ties it back except when requested to be let loose by her clients. Her skin is lightly gilded due to her Eypharian background but, being of mixed blood, she only has two arms, though she does identify more with her Eypharian side. She always covers her long neck when she leaves her apartment, as well as her ankles and wrists.

Personality:
Zenobia is of a flamboyant, extravagant nature, passionate and, in spite of her profession, romantic. She is a born seductress but does not believe in ever behaving with vulgarity or debasing herself, instead she is very elegant and sophisticated, behaving with incredible poise outside of the bedroom. Underneath her almost choreographed movements, she is a genuine, whimsical creature with an enormous zest for living and an incredible appreciation of all forms of beauty if a mild belief in her own fundamental superiority over most people. She is very intelligent and witty, with a sharp tongue when needs be to get the better of others. What some people do not understand is that, in spite of her profession, she is quite naïve in that she believes too much the best of people and that they do not wish her any harm for the most part.

Character History:
Her Mother, Tristana, was an Eypharian of high birth belonging to part of the House of the North Wind, who requested her parents to let her travel to Zeltiva to study Art at the university and her unusually lenient Father agreed to the request and even hired a young Benshira Nomad to guide her there. Along the way, Tristana fell in love with and seduced the young Nomad, Iubeh, and they agreed to marry once they reached Zeltiva, even though both their cultures and classes would have discouraged this. They did marry once in Zeltiva and Tristana had brought enough money and jewels with her for them to afford to buy a shop on West Street and the apartment above it, selling jewellery which she herself had made. Thus, Zenobia was raised in comfort until the business lost money on a venture in Syliras, which proved to be an absolute failure. The family were reduced almost to poverty, with neither of her parents wishing to make the return to their families without the other nor expecting an altogether pleasant reconciliation. Right at the beginning of the year 512, Zenobia arrived in Sunberth, leaving her parents behind in Zeltiva where they had enough money to support themselves alone and not an extravagant and flamboyant daughter who liked beautiful things. After failing to set up a real business in the lawless city which she nevertheless felt an affiliation with, she became a prostitute (she prefers the term 'courtesan') though more by choice than by necessity. She sees her work as an art, much more than simply offering basic pleasure, which she cultivates and works on tirelessly to entertain men and the odd woman.

UPDATE (History):
In the Summer of 513, exhausted from the toils of Sunberth and desperate once again for civilisation, she returned to Zeltiva to see what lay in store for her there.

Housing:
TBC

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: Arumenic
Poor Language: Shiber

Last edited by Zenobia on December 15th, 2013, 12:21 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Zenobia
Altruistic Paramour and Lady of the Night

Words: 52955
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2012, 7:56 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Zenobia

Postby Zenobia on February 16th, 2013, 8:33 pm

"I am indeed of high blood. Never forget: It does not matter what my circumstances are or how low I've fallen. Noblesse oblige."

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Zenobia, but when taking my Father's name, it is Zenobia, daughter of Iubeh, of the sons of Basalom. My Mother was an Eypharian of the House of the North Wind, and to take her surname would make me Zenobia re Ahnatep. Oh, it is complicated... you can see why I only go by my first name, unless of course I meet a member of my father or mother's family, or those who may know them, and it serves me to introduce myself as one of them.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? Zenobia please. Of course, some people try to call me Zen, but I rather dislike that.
3. How old are you? Twenty-one since the first of Summer.
4. What is your height? I am smaller than most people seem to think I am, but I have never really got around to measuring myself.
5. What is your weight? Again, I do not know. I used to weigh more when I lived in Zeltiva, due to a better diet but, since moving to Sunberth, I am afraid I have lost some. Not that I was ever overweight by any standards but I will freely admit I was more curvy, again not that I have lost my curves just maybe a little extra fat around my thighs and hips... a tiny bit on the stomach too.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. A young woman of half benshira and half eypharian lineage.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. An exotic beauty of undefined morality. Hopefully, I am not too obviously a prostitute of loose morals.
3. What is your favourite body feature? I don't know which of my beautiful features to pick! Don't worry, I am not completely immodest, that was a joke. Partly. Well, on balance, I suppose my very feature is my waist, which is tiny, followed by my lips, which are considered very sensual... and, oh maybe I am completely immodest, my eyes. I am always complimented on my eyes.
4. How physically fit are you? My first reaction was to say 'Not very' and 'I avoid any form of exercise as a rule' but I love dancing and do a lot of it, which helps me keep fit. Oh, and I regularly do a less conventional form of exercise, shall we say. No I will not say what it is. Use your imagination.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? I never leave my home, as a rule, with my neck exposed. It's a cultural element amongst Eypharians, my Mother never did and she instilled it upon me. Apart from that, I love colourful clothes and though such a thing could be dangerous in Sunberth as people might get the wrong idea and think I have money, I risk it. My clothes are the most expensive things I own and, as a woman of loose morals, it is important I think for attracting customers.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? My Mother, an eypharian, is Tristana re Ahnatep, of member of the House of the North Wind. My Father, a benshira nomad, is Iubeh from the tents of Naurum, of the sons of Basalom. I am really close to my parents, who are wonderful, beautiful, intelligent and very affectionate people. It was the hardest thing about moving to Sunberth that I had to leave them behind in Zeltiva. I can really not stress how important they are to me.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? I am an only child, and probably suffer from acute 'only child' syndrome. After giving birth to me, my Mother could not have any more children because of complication and both she and my father were really upset. They really have a very good relationship and love each other. I suppose that is why so-called 'romantic' stories about dying for love don't strike me so much... Living for love is so much more important; my parents are the greatest love story I have ever seen. I think they said that if their finances improve, they would like to adopt.
3. What is your extended family like? I have never really met any of them. My grandfather and aunt visited my Mother a couple of times, but it was awkward for them. She had done something which just was not done, and though they severely her, they were not sure they could accept her back into their high class society if she insisted on staying with my Father. They were nice, I suppose. On my father's side, nobody.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? I don't really have many friends. Correction. I don't have any friends.
5. Do you treat animals like family? Simply, no.

1. Where were you born? In a luxury apartment above a jeweller's shop in Zeltiva.
2. Where do you live now? Two rooms in Sunberth in a building which is still standing, quite an accomplishment in Sunberth.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? Everywhere and Anywhere. I am keen to explore. I like Sunberth, though I miss Zeltiva.
4. Do you have a favourite place to vacation or spend leisure time? No, not really. With that in mind, I would love to go travelling in the future. From Ravok to Wind Reach and everything in between.
5. Where do you fear to be? I am in Sunberth. Most people fear that. Honestly? Absolutely nowhere. Maybe underground would not be so great.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) I have a light cut across the top of my left shoulder blade, from a mildly erratic customer who got angry after I rejected having a real relationship with him.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Right Handed.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I do not have any real accent. I was brought up in Zeltiva and speak perfect common though I admit that when angry, a slight eypharian accent emerges. I can also put on accents for my customers. As for my voice, it is deep, melodious, pleasant... I am really rather pleased with it. My father always used to say there was nothing worse than a woman with an ugly voice. An ugly voice being coarse, nasal, high-pitched, manly etc.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? Sometimes I cry for no reason. With happiness or with sadness. Sometimes. People often criticise me saying I am irrational or overemotional.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? I just have my ears pierced and, who knows? It depends on how I feel. I would say no but never say never.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? I am a Courtesan (Prostitute is such a vulgar and degrading term) and Entertainer.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? What can I say about it? I was in Sunberth and there did not look like much else for me to do. I suppose I like it, but it is difficult when I am not physically attracted to the customer... which doesn't actually happen very often unless they offer a lot of money because, of course, I can always say no and I always will if I don't really fancy going for them. Oh, and I have one rule about those I sleep with for business. Everything, but I try to avoid kissing on the mouth. It's a way of making it less emotionally involved.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? A real actress and playwright. Or maybe I would like to earn my own brothel, more realistically. I have so many good ideas for one and I wouldn't have to work myself. Of course, if I fail at everything, I can always return to my parents.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? Midwife? I suppose. They do something beautiful, I think. Teachers too, maybe, especially the good ones.
5. What occupation do you least like? Why? I have no right to cast judgement on anyone's chosen career. Actually, I think being an interrogator or torturer is a very lucrative and disgusting business. It's horrible.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? A younger version of the sort of adult I am. I was very vivacious and charming, if I do say so myself. I was passionate and wild child. Maybe a little spoilt, as I have previously said, but that doesn't mean I acted like a spoilt child. I had many friends, though honestly mostly older and mostly male. Oh dear, I suppose I developed too quickly. Until the age of eleven, I was a tomboy and then suddenly at about thirteen or fourteen, I started filling out and became a lot more womanly, a lot more of a girly girl. Please don't assume I was a plump, I just developed earlier than most girls my age.
2. What is your favourite memory from childhood? So many happy memories that it is difficult for me to pick only one. I suppose there was my 17th birthday. That was before the hard times hit my family so they had organised a ball in one of the city's most beautiful venues. Everyone was there. My Parents, my teachers, my fiancé at the time and even my four ex-lovers. I don't know even if they knew. Anyway, everyone was lovely and I danced with everyone. I felt like the centre of the world.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? The day after my grandfather on my mother's side went home, I found my Mother crying in her dressing room. She was so upset. So upset. She said that her father and sister had tried to convince to give my Father, Iubeh, up and come home with them. She loved them so much but told me that she was certain she would not see them again. At least not for a long time. I felt that sadness and it hurt me.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? I don't think any girl has had as good a relationship with her parents as I did, and do. Sometimes they told me off, but rarely, and they were (and are) very understanding and affectionate.
5. Who was your most influential role model? My Parents... oh, and the actress Agnes Fotheringhay. I saw her sing once at the Lightshow Theatre in Zeltiva and I don't think I've ever heard anything so beautiful.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? I used to have teachers in all the key subjects my parents thought I should know and, aged seventeen, I took Philosophy.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I love learning. The pursuit of knowledge is so important to me. I like to cultivate my natural intelligence, education and culture. I like knowing stuff, and knowing more than other people.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? Reading, listening, education and real experience. People can also help by telling you important things.
4. How do you learn best? I am quick-witted. Pretty much any way of learning is fine by me. I am a quick reader and read a lot. I also think that experience is invaluable.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? If I do eventually go back to Zeltiva, I'd like to take a couple of courses at the University. I'd also like to learn a few new skills and become an expert in... ooh... at least ten things.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? Strange question for a woman of loose virtue, like myself. Yes, I form bonds with people, but less so at the moment.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? I trust people too much, that's the long and the short of it. I don't believe they would mean me harm so I like to see the best in them. Of course, I have been proved wrong in the past.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? I am genuinely attracted to men, but there has been the odd woman in the past.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. Oh so many times. I have now started keeping count. In my lifetime, I have kissed seventeen people. It's terrible... I have slept with a lot more people than I have kissed. If you read about my profession, you'll see that I only kiss people I am genuinely attached to.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. Ha! My first time was the night of my sixteenth birthday and he was nineteen, a lot more experienced than me. A great lover, I must say, and one of my nicest experiences with sex. He made me feel special and he gave so much, caring more about my pleasure than his own. We're still in contact, which is fantastic. I'd like to maybe rekindle things with him if I am still without my soul mate in a few years.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. A couple of times, but I don't enjoy it. On the first time, it was with my former fiancé.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? Every now and again, I enjoy a little wine and really any other alcohol from time to time.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? White wine. There is nothing better.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? Never, though someone once put a powdered drug of some sort into my drink. Luckily, my lover at the time was there and prevented anything bad from happening to me.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. I don't judge people for liking them. I like to drink but I don't think I would ever take drugs, because I don't think they're necessarily good for my health.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? Oh, so many. Dancing, Singing, Acting, Reading, Writing... prancing around in beautiful clothes. Oh, and of course, having sex with the right guy. I always find that very enjoyable.
2. Do you like to read? All the time. I love romance books, history books, mythology and oh, just everything. Both Fantasy and Realistic. I also like reading plays and such like. I suppose I read less now than I did a couple of years ago because I have less time and less access to books.
3. What annoys you more than anything else? Dull People. I can't put it more simply than that. Dull people who have nothing to contribute to conversation or society.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Sleep. All too often, sleep becomes a luxury for me. Of course, not all the time. I do find reading relaxing and cooking can be very therapeutic.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? Coarseness. As a prostitute, you'd think I'd be used to it, but I can't stand vulgarity.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite colour or colours? A sort of vibrant, bright red I suppose, with a slight pink tinge. Emerald Green and Gold are right up my street too. I love all colours.
2. What is your favourite time of day? Early Evening. A quiet, early evening at the end of Summer. When it is not too cold but very beautiful. The sky looks beautiful.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? Me? Oh, I don't really know. I've seen many beautiful things.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? I like all food, and I love the more exotic types which are more expensive, but definitely worth it. Otherwise, I eat a lot of lentils and rice. Oh, and I am devoted to olive oil.
5. What is your favourite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? No. I don't see why I would be scared of something like weather. There are better and more worthy things to be scared of. I hate the cold but I love pretty much every other weather and conditions otherwise.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? Optimistic, definitely. No point in being otherwise.
2. What are your religious views? I like Cheva and Nikali.
3. Would you be able to kill? I don't know. I'd rather not say. I think life is precious and I don't have any right to remove it without reason. Of course, if my life or the life of someone I cared about was in the balance, I think I might.
4. What are your views on sex? Sex should be a beautiful thing, and I wish it was with me, but I feel like with the career path I have chosen, I might have degraded it. I would like to have a meaningful sexual relationship with someone, but it has to be worth it.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? Oh, so many things. Love, and respect and ambition and everything. Money and material gain, if I were to be cynical.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? The best thing I've ever done? Well, I once saved a little girl from being savaged by a dog though it meant I had a scar on my leg for quite a while. The worst thing I've ever done could be moving to Sunberth, but I like it too much for that. In all reality, the worst thing I've ever done was probably when I didn't like my nanny aged ten and got my parents to fire her without a reference, without notice and without an advance on her salary. I heard she couldn't cope and turned to some pretty desperate practises. I often feel guilty about it.
2. What is your greatest regret? Sometimes I regret becoming prostitute, though it was more by choice than by necessity, because I can never go back and change things. I am often frightened that a man I truly love would reject me because of my past.
3. What is your best/worst memory? Apart from the childhood ones, the day my would-be fiancé, Rupert, died of pneumonia two weeks after he got beaten up and abandoned in a side street, half conscious, in the middle of winter. It was horrible. I really suffered from that and remained introverted for a few months after.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? Again, maybe the decision to become a prostitute. For the reasons outlined above.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? Living my life. Living my life and trying to live it free from regrets.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? I'm not sure. It depends if I feel I can trust them. If I think I can, I am often too honest for my own good, saying everything and anything that passes by my head.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? God, I hope not.
3. What makes you happy? I take my happiness in small pleasures. If you look at my hobbies, they make me happy. Also, proof of goodness in humanity.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? Maybe my parents - I love them so much. Also, true love. If I ever found it.
5. What makes you angry? Pointless Destruction and Waste of Life.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? I treat them well and with courtesy, unless they prove that they should be treated otherwise.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? My parents, as of this time.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? Again my parents. I can't separate between them.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. Gentle and sweet and kind. Open-minded, witty, intelligent and interesting. Oh, so many things. I would like him to be brave, courageous but not necessarily noble, especially if that goes hand in hand with stupidity. Handsome, I suppose, though not traditionally so. Someone more interesting. Virile and manly. No more than twelve years older than me and no less than two years younger than me.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? My parents, since they have been doing that since my tender age. They've been protecting me and given me all their love for a long time.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? I am not sure. It all depends on how the fancy takes me. I am a very versatile creature so sometimes I argue whole-heartedly and sometimes I completely avoid all conflict.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? Oh, I don't know. It depends who else is there to take on leadership. If I feel those trying to lead are poor leaders, then I might attempt a takeover.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? I don't mind large groups of people, in fact I rather like them. I always tend to stand out amongst them too, so that's always pleasant. I like being the centre of attention.
4. Do you care what others think of you? No. The only people whose opinion of me matters are my parents. Otherwise, the rest of the world can go to hell. I don't deserve their derision especially as I don't treat them with derision.
5. What do you think of others, in general? I like to think positively and see things from their point of view. You never know what things are going on in their lives and I don't like judging people wrongly.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? My faith in my self and I think my open-mindedness. What can anyone ask for more in themselves or their reaction to others? Otherwise, I am intelligent.
2. What is your greatest weakness? My faith in myself. Perhaps, my pride, vanity and immodesty will be my downfall. I am not sure.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I'd like to have less in the way of bags under my eyes.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Extroverted, as a rule.
5. Are you generally organized or messy? Definitely messy. I am so scatter-brained and disorganised, just letting things hang around everywhere.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? Cheva and Nikali, of course.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? I don't really fear any. There are worse things to fear than beings in the sky.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? None.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? I'd travel anywhere for my deity. To the ends of Mizahar if I needed to.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? Murder, harm and public humiliation. I am not a toy for the gods to play with.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? Life itself! What else is there to live for? Living for one thing is the surest way to have it removed from you. I live for love and beauty and life itself. The thrill of life and beating hearts.
2. What is the best part of life? Life is so beautiful that there cannot only be one best part.
3. What is the best part of death? I would not know. I've never died.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? Peacefully. Either that or in a dramatic and elaborate way.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? The Plays I write. Of course, that will not happen so what's the use of wondering?

Last edited by Zenobia on December 14th, 2013, 10:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Zenobia
Altruistic Paramour and Lady of the Night

Words: 52955
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2012, 7:56 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Zenobia

Postby Zenobia on March 28th, 2013, 10:17 pm

Possessions

Clothing:
- Lightweight Linen Robes of a bright red colour with gold fringing and sequins.
- Lightweight Linen Harem Pants of a warm yellow colour
- Lightweight Linen Undergarments
- Emerald Green Velvet Cloak
- Simple Knee-High Black Leather Boots

- White Silk Chemise (slightly see-through) in a V down to the waist, with golden beads around the collar.
- Golden Collar Necklace (Heirloom)
- Fine Golden Belt with Green and Red Beads.
- Emerald Green Silk Corset decorated with golden dragonflies.

Basics:
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
- Bone Comb
- Bone Brush
- Soap
- Razor
- Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
- 1 eating knife
- Flint & Steel

Other:
- Rare Perfume
- Exotic Cosmetics
- Pocket of Sashes (Twelve different colours)

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Silk Chemise -6GM 94GM
Fine Belt -25GM 69GM
Silk Corset -4GM 65GM
Rare Perfume -15GM 50GM
Exotic Cosmetics -15GM 35GM
Pocket of Sashes -20GM 15GM
Seasonal Wages Winter 512 +184GM 199GM
Living Expenses Winter 512 -45GM 154GM
Living Expenses Autumn 513 -135GM 19GM